Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
I just bought a bunch of stuff to do my own DIY cables. Bananas, RCA's, techflex, wire, and I'll get some heat shrink from somewhere local.

On another note, I'm very sore from going to the gym yesterday. I really need to start going more often.
Lift 30 rep max 3x per exercise for 2-3 days a week, for 2-3 weeks. This preps your muscles and tendons/ligaments for doing weight lifting. These should be light weights, and should be pretty easy to get through your workout. Otherwise you tear the **** out of your muscles and are sore for 4 days. You lose too much fitness by having such a long recovery.

This is all assuming your just starting lifting again, too.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Lift 30 rep max 3x per exercise for 2-3 days a week, for 2-3 weeks. This preps your muscles and tendons/ligaments for doing weight lifting. These should be light weights, and should be pretty easy to get through your workout. Otherwise you tear the **** out of your muscles and are sore for 4 days. You lose too much fitness by having such a long recovery.

This is all assuming your just starting lifting again, too.
I am always sore from working out. :eek:

M

MidnightSensi2

Audioholic Chief
I just bought a bunch of stuff to do my own DIY cables. Bananas, RCA's, techflex, wire, and I'll get some heat shrink from somewhere local.

On another note, I'm very sore from going to the gym yesterday. I really need to start going more often.
I do that too. Just looks nicer. Kinda got the system down. I buy the techflex with the white tracer/diamond and some black heatshrink. I get some big cable.... terminate it nice, always looks impressive. Kinda a fun Sunday type of thing.

I did battery cables for a friends show car last weekend that looked pretty cool too. 00awg with some tech flex and stainless ends.

dkane360

dkane360

Audioholic Field Marshall
I do that too. Just looks nicer. Kinda got the system down. I buy the techflex with the white tracer/diamond and some black heatshrink. I get some big cable.... terminate it nice, always looks impressive. Kinda a fun Sunday type of thing.

I did battery cables for a friends show car last weekend that looked pretty cool too. 00awg with some tech flex and stainless ends.
I don't know if you've seen this thread, but some of the cables they made are very nice looking. You know head-fi people, they're crazy about their cables :D

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/71148/diy-cable-gallery

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
I just realized how slowly this thread has been moving lately. Sheesh. Booorrrinnngg!

Strong - nice rack, btw.

-pat

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
I love snow. No seriously I do. If it wasn't for all the morons who panic and drive 15 mph on the highways, I'd pray for snow everyday.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
took my first stab at DIY speaker cables, I would post pics in the sexy thread but they may not be quite sexy enough, that was my boredom yesterday, sawz.
I am bored again this morning so here are the first attempt at DIY cables;

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Looking good sawz. What kind of cable and banana plugs are those?

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
The cable is a funny story, the last thing I needed for Christmas was an extension cord for work but my Brother thought otherwise:

The bananas are the GLS locking, kind of A pain in the butt to get tight at the AVR but they fit the speaker end snug.
Tech Flex was from last summer on Flea Bay various heat shrink parts locally.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
I am sorry I think I never answered your question the cable was in fact that extension cord I cut six feet off leaving the plug which I then put on my Makita circular saw, saw is blue so now the cord matches, the old cord was dry and brittle. I then cut the remainder of the cord in half and made two new speaker cables for the fronts, a practice DIY, next time I'll do it up real nice, I have a heat gun now as well :D

dkane360

dkane360

Audioholic Field Marshall
I love snow. No seriously I do. If it wasn't for all the morons who panic and drive 15 mph on the highways, I'd pray for snow everyday.
I love driving in the snow. People look at me crazy when I say that, but there's just something peaceful about it.

Almost all of my materials have arrived for my DIY cables. My monoprice 12 awg comes in tomorrow.

Techflex (i thought the black and white would look cool, but it looks kinda weird)

Nakamichi RCA's (very impressed with the quality)

Nakamichi banana plugs (pretty easy to use, much better than monoprice bananas. got 25 pairs for 30 shipped)

Last edited by a moderator:
M

MidnightSensi2

Audioholic Chief
I love driving in the snow. People look at me crazy when I say that, but there's just something peaceful about it.

Almost all of my materials have arrived for my DIY cables. My monoprice 12 awg comes in tomorrow.

Techflex (i thought the black and white would look cool, but it looks kinda weird)

Nakamichi RCA's (very impressed with the quality)

Nakamichi banana plugs (pretty easy to use, much better than monoprice bananas. got 25 pairs for 30 shipped)
Whatcha shooting those pictures on?

Matt34

Matt34

Got a little crazy banning spammers and accidently banned mr. J Garcia. Good thing mike c was on the ball and caught it.

Oh, had the most painful dental cleaning of my life this morning, little Korean lady wasn't messing around

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
Oh, had the most painful dental cleaning of my life this morning, little Korean lady wasn't messing around
yeah, you have to be a little crazy to voluntarily go for cleaning.

i'm pretty sure i've been due for some time now. how long do you wait in between cleanings?

Matt34

Matt34

yeah, you have to be a little crazy to voluntarily go for cleaning.

i'm pretty sure i've been due for some time now. how long do you wait in between cleanings?
Army makes us go once a year. I have to go back and get my remaing wisdom teeth removed next month, can't wait. :rolleyes:

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
Where did you find those at that price? They sure do look purty.

-pat

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis