Yamaha RX-V6A/TSR-700 views?

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
“Oh, hi Larry. What are you doing here?” “Hi Beaver. I was feeling kinda’ guilty about talking you into that TSR-700 at Costco. I know you had a lot of problems with it so I wanted to get you somethin’ for Christmas but I just couldn’t wait to give it to you.” Golly Larry, you didn’t have to do that on account of you’re my best friend no matter what you talk me into doin’. “Well Beaver, I was just thinkin’, maybe that guy was right and you just got a bad one. So, I got you a little somethin’. Go ahead, unwrap it.” “Gee wiz, what is it? F#%kin’ Larry!”
C9751E71-2C90-4C82-8C1C-0112BBE350DD.jpeg

“Say Larry, you hardly get any allowance at all. How did you pay for it?” “Well, let’s just say that when my mother goes looking for the Silver to polish it, she’s not going to find it.”

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
“Oh, hi Larry. What are you doing here?” “Hi Beaver. I was feeling kinda’ guilty about talking you into that TSR-700 at Costco. I know you had a lot of problems with it so I wanted to get you somethin’ for Christmas but I just couldn’t wait to give it to you.” Golly Larry, you didn’t have to do that on account of you’re my best friend no matter what you talk me into doin’. “Well Beaver, I was just thinkin’, maybe that guy was right and you just got a bad one. So, I got you a little somethin’. Go ahead, unwrap it.” “Gee wiz, what is it? F#%kin’ Larry!”View attachment 42391
“Say Larry, you hardly get any allowance at all. How did you pay for it?” “Well, let’s just say that when my mother goes looking for the Silver to polish it, she’s not going to find it.”
lolo, you done went and picked up one huh? lolo. So far mine has been great. As for the 2.1 thing I'll more than likely will never have a use for it. I leave it on almost 24/7 streaming netradio or I just leave it on what ever TV channel I have on when I sleep.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Well, let's just say it came my way.;) I mentioned it to Gene cuz' he never replies to or believes anything I say and plausible deniability is a feather in anybody's cap.:p

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Well, let's just say it came my way.;) I mentioned it to Gene cuz' he never replies to or believes anything I say and plausible deniability is a feather in anybody's cap.:p
Gene use to hangout with us some, guess his been busy with his Youtube channel. He and I have had inbox chats great guy.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
I've only sent him messages a couple of times. How much of them or my posts he actually believes only he knows.:p I'm gonna' do a few laps with the V6 and see how it goes.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
@Trebdp83 I'm really interested in how you like it. Keep us posted. I really love the looks of these new receivers.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
I'm an HO train collector I love those locomotives
:p
For me it's about an era. I love all things art deco, art nouveau, secession, belle epoque. I may sound silly, I don't care, but it fills my soul, it heals me just to look at it. As far as I'm concerned, art might've stayed there forever. In a day or two, this classic palm leaf design is going above my system:
Zid.jpg

2 x 3 feet!!

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
I’m partial to Streamline Modern. Pan Pacific Auditorium still my favorite facade of all time.
91F397BE-9B4E-437B-9BCD-CE9A99F8C654.jpeg

S

Sax-Fan

Junior Audioholic
“Oh, hi Larry. What are you doing here?” “Hi Beaver. I was feeling kinda’ guilty about talking you into that TSR-700 at Costco. I know you had a lot of problems with it so I wanted to get you somethin’ for Christmas but I just couldn’t wait to give it to you.” Golly Larry, you didn’t have to do that on account of you’re my best friend no matter what you talk me into doin’. “Well Beaver, I was just thinkin’, maybe that guy was right and you just got a bad one. So, I got you a little somethin’. Go ahead, unwrap it.” “Gee wiz, what is it? F#%kin’ Larry!”View attachment 42391
Very tempting ...

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
So, things were a bit chilly in my living room this afternoon and it had nothing to do with the weather.
494C9CC8-9044-4887-AC8D-171C7A3FF51D.jpeg

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Sadly, it fell into disrepair and lay vacant until burning to the ground in 1989. The building that replaced it contains a single spire as an homage. Disney also recreated it for entry gates at some of it's theme parks. The original facade can be seen in movies like "The Long Long Trailer", "Funny Lady", Miracle Mile" and "Xanadu."

L

lennygoh

Audiophyte
Similar to how I have mine set up now. My speakers are large, 200w towers up front, and I find if you set the mt osmall they just sound whimpy, if you don't turn double bass on with large fronts it just won't use the subs at all. If you set everything to small and double bass off the speakers sound weak and the bass feels disjointed and the whole system lacks any punch at all. Unfortunately, with large and double bass you do get some bass distortion at loud levels.

The sound out of this is smooth and etailed but it just has no punch, no inpact. My old Onkyo you would feel it in your gut, it would shake the windows, this is just whimpy.
I'm getting some serious bass distortion on my front right speakers (thought my speaker was blown) at higher volume. I tried hooking up the same speakers to my old Pioneer elite receiver playing the same music at high volume and I'm not getting the same rattling sound.

Pretty disappointed unfortunately with this receiver so far, but it's not like there's a lot of receivers readily available on the market to buy right now either.

I've even exchanged for a new RXV6A thinking the previous receiver was faulty. I tested out of the box and it seemed fine with the song I was testing on. Once I updated the firmware to 1.23 I got the same issue as I had before.

Does anyone know how to factory reset this receiver? I've scoured the net, and the manual and it doesn't say how to do a reset so I can downgrade this latest firmware update.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
I'm getting some serious bass distortion on my front right speakers (thought my speaker was blown) at higher volume. I tried hooking up the same speakers to my old Pioneer elite receiver playing the same music at high volume and I'm not getting the same rattling sound.

Pretty disappointed unfortunately with this receiver so far, but it's not like there's a lot of receivers readily available on the market to buy right now either.

I've even exchanged for a new RXV6A thinking the previous receiver was faulty. I tested out of the box and it seemed fine with the song I was testing on. Once I updated the firmware to 1.23 I got the same issue as I had before.

Does anyone know how to factory reset this receiver? I've scoured the net, and the manual and it doesn't say how to do a reset so I can downgrade this latest firmware update.
You can do a hard reset but I don't believe it will erase the update. My RX-V6A isn't having those issues. Just yesterday I was at -5dB clean, detailed hard hitting bass.
1C5B291C-E46E-4DA5-A9D5-B06F1C995D2E.jpeg
1CF43A5F-590C-4B51-9AE4-E7CE671913E5.jpeg

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis