Opinions on Denon AVR-S750H and Yamaha TSR-700 for my media room

B

bladerunner6

Audioholic
We finally had an offer accepted on a new house. It is a second bedroom and while I don’t remember the exact size it was irregularly shaped and maybe about 9 by 13. Sorry, I don’t remember the exact size.

For speakers I have for mains a pair of Monitor Audio Silver S6. I also have the matching center. While I like these speakers I bought them used at a pretty affordable price so if they don’t work out I could sell them and try something like the Triangle BRO3 or the JBL A170. My rear speakers will be the Primus P162 from my previous system. The sub(s) will almost certainly be from SVS. (That we are deliberating on).I will keep the system 5.1 but I might add Atmos speakers later.

I will be using this mostly for TV and music but I am absolutely going to be doing a lot of music listening, primarily classic rock. My sources for TV will either be a cable provider or OTA with a Tivo. I also plan on streaming using a Roku with 4K and we will be watching movies on disc and we have a 4K disc player.

Given the current dearth of AVR deals I was looking at the Denon AVR-S750H and the Yamaha TSR-700.

Any comments on the suitability of these receivers? Thanks.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You have nothing now?

The Yamaha appears to have slightly more power but imagine it wouldn't make a big difference in any case between them but I'd choose on feature set as to which one is more appropriate to my needs/future use....

B

bladerunner6

Audioholic
You have nothing now?

The Yamaha appears to have slightly more power but imagine it wouldn't make a big difference in any case between them but I'd choose on feature set as to which one is more appropriate to my needs/future use....
For our current system we have a Denon 1912 but that will be repurposed for a secondary system and we will need a new AVR for this room.
Thanks

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
For our current system we have a Denon 1912 but that will be repurposed for a secondary system and we will need a new AVR for this room.
Thanks
Altho Denon's layout has somewhat changed since that model, it still might be more familiar in terms of terminology/setup to have two Denons....and personally with Denon I'd want something from the Xseries so as to get Audyssey XT32 as well as a set of pre-outs....

B

bladerunner6

Audioholic
After reading the comments here and at AVSForum it is pretty clear the Denon is the choice for me.
I thank everyone at both sites that have constructive input.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis