Yamaha AVENTAGE 2021 AV Receivers Bulk Up on Power and 8K Features

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Only thing I can think of is that setting up scenes can solve this but I have never used scenes before, so I don't know what to think/do
Same here, I looked into (scenes) also, but like you I've never changed any of them. I've read where other's have and once they got it setup the way they like it they love it. I miss the Yamaha control app it was much easier to set up and assign audio to inputs and HDMI. I haven't even messed with that yet, cause I'll probably screw it up and I don't want to have to go back and have to reset my AVR back to initialize.

J

jakkedtide

Audioholic
Same here, I looked into (scenes) also, but like you I've never changed any of them. I've read where other's have and once they got it setup the way they like it they love it. I miss the Yamaha control app it was much easier to set up and assign audio to inputs and HDMI. I have even messed with that yet, cause I'll probably screw it up and I don't beat to have to go back and have to reset my AVR back to initialize.
Maybe someone has edited scenes before and can give some tips. Especially for 2 different setting patterns and hdmi out 2 and 3

Falstaff

Falstaff

Audioholic Intern
I put a deposit on an A8A today after hearing one in a local store along side a Denon AVR-X8500HA that sounded a lot like my 4520CI. Should have it on Friday. Also ordered an AC Infinity Aircom. The A8A will be sitting in a cabinet directly beneath my projector and I didn’t want it warming up the air there too much.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I put a deposit on an A8A today after hearing one in a local store along side a Denon AVR-X8500HA that sounded a lot like my 4520CI. Should have it on Friday. Also ordered an AC Infinity Aircom. The A8A will be sitting in a cabinet directly beneath my projector and I didn’t want it warming up the air there too much.
Congratulations bro post up when you get it in! I'd recommend going on yamaha's website to download your RX-A8A manual and start reading up on it. I did that before my A4A came in helped me out a lot.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Maybe someone has edited scenes before and can give some tips. Especially for 2 different setting patterns and hdmi out 2 and 3
Oh man, that too, patterns, HDMI out 1,2. Haven't missed with that either.

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
This is the kind of post I like to see, someone that compared (I didn't) the Denon AVR-X8500HA with the RX-A8A and choose the A8A. It makes me feel better XD
(Don't get me wrong, nothing scientific here, just being someone always in doubt about the "right choice" so having someone "like me" makes me more confortagle ;) ).

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
This is the kind of post I like to see, someone that compared (I didn't) the Denon AVR-X8500HA with the RX-A8A and choose the A8A. It makes me feel better XD
(Don't get me wrong, nothing scientific here, just being someone always in doubt about the "right choice" so having someone "like me" makes me more confortagle ;) ).
I hope some of the older members on AH with more expertise than me on some of the questions being asked. AH has some very experienced members with way more knowledge that I have. Gene sometimes will come in on his forum when he has time and will throw us some crumbs sometimes.

Falstaff

Falstaff

Audioholic Intern
Congratulations bro post up when you get it in! I'd recommend going on yamaha's website to download your RX-A8A manual and start reading up on it. I did that before my A4A came in helped me out a lot.
I literally did that minutes before your reply. From what I’ve seen, the manual reads much like the one for my 4520, but it’ll be good to delve into nonetheless. I’m thinking it’ll be a little different than my RX-V795A From 1999.

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
About scene I was wondering what this thing was for but I like it actually. I use my amp address 192.X.X.X/setup to edit the scene, it's easier. I have scene 1 for music (nothing fancy, just playing music in "Straight mode"), then I have Scene 2 for movies (right now I am using Surround Decoder) and Scene 3 for gaming (witch is basically the same than movies but with another hdmi port as input). It's cool not to select the input then the program/ehancer/straight or pure mode everytime. It's really some presets...

J

jakkedtide

Audioholic
Hey guys quick question. On your subs do you hav eit set to on, auto, or standby? Lfe and gain around mid?

Falstaff

Falstaff

Audioholic Intern
So long as you like your AVR, it doesn‘t matter what others think of it or even what Gene finds—remember he’s got an A6A, so any issues he uncovers may not affect our model.

I was surprised I had an opportunity to A/B those two AVR’s. They both sounded good to my ears, but I think I heard a little more warmth in the Yammy. And since I’ve been getting back into vinyl thanks to Queen’s epic reissue of their entire catalog, I couldn’t help imagine how amazing those albums will sound through the A8A. Unfortunately, it’s going to take me 4-6 months to save up for a 4K laser projector so, until then, I won‘t be able to comment on any capabilities beyond 1080p.

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
So long as you like your AVR, it doesn‘t matter what others think of it or even what Gene finds—remember he’s got an A6A, so any issues he uncovers may not affect our model.

I was surprised I had an opportunity to A/B those two AVR’s. They both sounded good to my ears, but I think I heard a little more warmth in the Yammy. And since I’ve been getting back into vinyl thanks to Queen’s epic reissue of their entire catalog, I couldn’t help imagine how amazing those albums will sound through the A8A. Unfortunately, it’s going to take me 4-6 months to save up for a 4K laser projector so, until then, I won‘t be able to comment on any capabilities beyond 1080p.
I totally agree. These AVR are all good products. I got the Yamaha at a really good price, the Denon would have been more than 1500CAD more expensive, which is the price of... the surround speaker floor stands :p
So no regret. The fact it also handle airplay, that the Yamaha app is surprisingly good, that you can edit any settings using your web browser, that the YPAO is (in my room) giving good results. When coming from a 2000 AVR, it's heaven...

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai

Yeah, Gene may have gotten a buggy A6A to test. It happens with audio gear all the time. TVs, washing machine's. :D

Last edited:
Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai

Yes indeed!!!!!
First time I saw a Marantz like that was back in 2010. I was 200 miles off the coast of Texas in the Gulf of Mexico deepwater 5,000 ft. Anyways they had the whole crew living on a huge ship that was from Norway. Well in the rec-room where we all got to chill out, there was this Marantz AVR sitting on a shelf just under the big screen TV. Well I waited till everyone went to their bunks. I started playing around with that Marantz and messed it all up! Well the cook opened up in the safety meeting next morning, with who messed with the Marantz last night? cause he got up at 3am to start cooking for 75 men and he couldn't get anything up on the OSD. Boy he was mad lol. So in our safety meeting it was brought up again they wanted to know who messed with it. Two people you don't want to piss off when you work in the Gulf of Mexico, 1, the cook and 2, the captain. Needless to say for the rest of my hitch I couldn't go near the TV or AVR. :D

Last edited:
ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
First time I saw a Marantz like that was back in 2010. I was 200 miles off the coastal Texas in the Gulf of Mexico deepwater 5,000 ft. Anyways they had the whole crew living on a huge ship that was from Norway. Well in the rec-room where we all got to chill out, there was this Marantz AVR sitting on a shelf just under the big screen TV. Well I waited till everyone went to their bunks. I started playing around with that Marantz and messed it all up! Well the cook opened up in the safety meeting next morning, with who messed with the Marantz last night? cause he got up at 3am to start cooking for 75 men and he couldn't get anything up on the OSD. Boy he was mad lol. So in our safety meeting it was brought up again they wanted to know who messed with it. Two people you don't want to piss off when you work in the Gulf of Mexico, 1, the cook and 2, the captain. Needless to say for the rest of my hitch I couldn't go near the TV or AVR. :D
Wisdom: Don't p!ss off the Cook. :)

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
First time I saw a Marantz like that was back in 2010. I was 200 miles off the coast of Texas in the Gulf of Mexico deepwater 5,000 ft. Anyways they had the whole crew living on a huge ship that was from Norway. Well in the rec-room where we all got to chill out, there was this Marantz AVR sitting on a shelf just under the big screen TV. Well I waited till everyone went to their bunks. I started playing around with that Marantz and messed it all up! Well the cook opened up in the safety meeting next morning, with who messed with the Marantz last night? cause he got up at 3am to start cooking for 75 men and he couldn't get anything up on the OSD. Boy he was mad lol. So in our safety meeting it was brought up again they wanted to know who messed with it. Two people you don't want to piss off when you work in the Gulf of Mexico, 1, the cook and 2, the captain. Needless to say for the rest of my hitch I couldn't go near the TV or AVR. :D
I knew you’d like that!

This spring I drove my family from MN to port Aransas Tx. We went off shore fishing, only about 5 miles but it was awesome. I spent my life on in land lakes and even Lake Superior, but there’s nothing quite like deep water. Respect.
Interesting that the AVR on your ship had a porthole. Lmao! And no. Don’t piss of cookie!!!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis