2020 Yamaha AVRs w/Multiple HDMI 2.1 Ports

M Code

M Code

Audioholic General
Here is the press release from Yamaha...

The two new models – the 7.2-channel RX-V6A and the 5.1-channel RX-V4A – will both be available by September 2020, with SRP prices of $600 and $440, respectively.

Note that certain new features will be available by firmware updates..
"Firmware to introduce 8K/60,4K/120. VRR, ALLM, QMS, QFT, HDR10+ support is expected in Dec 2020 while Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization on the RXV6A is expected in an update due in Q1 of 2021.“

I will post more info shortly, as it becomes available....

Just my $0.02... ;)

Last edited:
E

EBN

Audioholic
" In fact, no other AV receiver on the market offers as many 8K HDMI inputs as Yamaha, with three on the RX-V6A (7 inputs total) and all four inputs on the RX-V4A "

Hope the Aventage range announcement follows soon! Great to see Yamaha bringing something D&M doesn´t have. Auro-3D will be on higher models as it´s listed on the specs as N/A. :)

@PENG you see this new amp design as upgrade?

"In the meantime, you will at least be able to enjoy an apparently substantially upgraded audio performance, particularly if you opt for the 100W RX-V6A, which has High Slew Rate Amplifiers that should result in greater dynamic responsiveness."

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
" In fact, no other AV receiver on the market offers as many 8K HDMI inputs as Yamaha, with three on the RX-V6A (7 inputs total) and all four inputs on the RX-V4A "
3 on the V6 and 4 on the V4. That doesn’t make any sense.

Why would the more expensive model have LESS HDMI-2.1 Inputs than the cheaper model? :D

We’ll have to wait to see for real. :D

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Umm on the RX-V6A L/R front pre-amp out? Probably not huh? not at 6 bills. Yamaha offers pre-amp outs on their a780 for L/R mains. Gotta jump up to the a880 to get full pre-amp outs or a older V7810 or older 7850 L/R mains
The 2020 model RX-V6A offers a Lot at 6 bills.
Edit,
Just looked at the RX-V6A it has L/R main Per-Amp outs. That lil AVR is a nice buy at 6 bill's. Doesn't say if the RX-V6A will upconvert or pass through for 8K or 4K. Probably pass-through. Asking Yamaha a lot for upconvert at 6 bills. The back had a very nice clean look Phono preamp to boot for Vinyl lovers.

Last edited:
G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
3 on the V6 and 4 on the V4. That doesn’t make any sense.

Why would the more expensive model have LESS HDMI-2.1 Inputs than the cheaper model? :D

We’ll have to wait to see for real. :D
less power amp = more Creature features.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
less power amp = more Creature features.
Well, owners of the $400 RX-V4A can brag that they have 3 more HDMI 2.1 Inputs than the $2,500 Denon X6700 and 4 more HDMI 2.1 Inputs than the $29,000 Trinnov Altitude 32 pre-pro. :D

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja

Hope the Aventage range announcement follows soon! Great to see Yamaha bringing something D&M doesn´t have. Auro-3D will be on higher models as it´s listed on the specs as N/A. :)

@PENG you see this new amp design as upgrade?

"In the meantime, you will at least be able to enjoy an apparently substantially upgraded audio performance, particularly if you opt for the 100W RX-V6A, which has High Slew Rate Amplifiers that should result in greater dynamic responsiveness."
You asking @PENG, "High Slew Rate" that "should" dynamic responsivenss" more than Likely some marketing guy decided to use. Key word "Should". thats like Saying you'll get a better "swing" at higher volume levels. Them value amp sales guys say that when you really don't need a added 200 X 2 amp. They will say, oh but you'll get a much better Dynamic swing cause our amps have a high slew rate, and a high Dampening factor. So no matter what Volume you are listening at you'll hear more Sparkle.

Last edited:
G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Well, owners of the $400 RX-V4A can brag that they have 3 more HDMI 2.1 Inputs than the $2,500 Denon X6700 and 4 more HDMI 2.1 Inputs than the $29,000 Trinnov Altitude 32 pre-pro. :D
oh Ouch, That's a lot of money for less good point. Denon does seem to put out AVR's a lot faster on the market than Yamaha. Get the jump on Yamaha for sales with 2.1.

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
oh Ouch, That's a lot of money for less good point.
Well, I forgot to mention that the $29,000 pre-pro has magic built-in. It can take the worse sound and turn it into the most beautiful sound. Your room could be made of glass and it will make your room sound like the best acoustic sounding room. Oh, and it will also do your dishes, vacuum your house, and fold your laundry. :eek: :D

Oh, and it also includes a free upgrade to Windows-20. :D

Last edited:
M Code

M Code

Audioholic General
The RX-V4A & 6A were originally scheduled for June shipments... :rolleyes:
But Yamaha was aware of the Denon product info release in March, and decided to raise the bar another notch.. Besides their average AVR product life cycle is 2 years and these entry-level AVRs need to have that, it makes little economical sense to do 1 product release and another 1 just 6 months later. Shortly I will have an advance sample of the RX-V6A for evaluation, and will report/post my conclusions...
But now I need to go out and get more products with HDMI 2.1 for compatibility testing.... :)

Just my $0.02... ;)

T

txbonds

Full Audioholic
You asking @PENG, "High Slew Rate" that "should" dynamic responsivenss" more than Likely some marketing guy decided to use. Key word "Should". thats like Saying you'll get a better "swing" at higher volume levels. Them value amp sales guys say that when you really don't need a added 200 X 2 amp. They will say, oh but you'll get a much better Dynamic swing cause our amps have a high slew rate, and a high Dampening factor. So no matter what Volume you are listening at you'll hear more Sparkle.
I'm probably wrong but I thought higher slew rate and dampening factor were more attributed to faster, cleaner transients and better woofer control?

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
The RX-V4A & 6A were originally scheduled for June shipments... :rolleyes:
But Yamaha was aware of the Denon product info release in March, and decided to raise the bar another notch.. Besides their average AVR product life cycle is 2 years and these entry-level AVRs need to have that, it makes little economical sense to do 1 product release and another 1 just 6 months later. Shortly I will have an advance sample of the RX-V6A for evaluation, and will report/post my conclusions...
But now I need to go out and get more products with HDMI 2.1 for compatibility testing.... :)

Just my $0.02... ;)
@M Code, "there average AVR product life cycle is 2 years"' Denon?, Wow good to know M Code. Denon building life-cycles in their AVR's huh, Blade Runner replicants get 4 year life cycle. ;):D

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
I'm probably wrong but I thought higher slew rate and dampening factor were more attributed to faster, cleaner transients and better woofer control?
Go ask Gene, or Bruno, thats a loaded Question you're asking, "I thought" :rolleyes: Got a 100 bucks? Gene or Bruno will Definitely give you the correct answers to what you're asking.

T

txbonds

Full Audioholic
Go ask Gene, or Bruno, thats a loaded Question you're asking, "I thought" :rolleyes: Got a 100 bucks? Gene or Bruno will Definitely give you the correct answers to what you're asking.
Wasn't meant to be. Was based off what I remember reading/hearing back in the 1980's. That's why I started the sentence with "I'm probably wrong".

M Code

M Code

Audioholic General
@M Code, "there average AVR product life cycle is 2 years"' Denon?, Wow good to know M Code. Denon building life-cycles in their AVR's huh, Blade Runner replicants get 4 year life cycle. ;):D
I should clarify here... :)
Average product life cycle is defined as "How long the model stays current in their lineup..'"
"How long the product lasts as working"
is another subject...

Sorry for any confusion... :(

Just my $0.02.. ;)

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Wasn't meant to be. Was based off what I remember reading/hearing back in the 1980's. That's why I started the sentence with "I'm probably wrong".
Check out, @Bruno P. Article on "Feedback" its on Genes homepage or look up Dr. Tools Articles on the Internet.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
I should clarify here... :)
Average product life cycle is defined as "How long the model stays current in their lineup..'"
"How long the product lasts as working"
is another subject...

Sorry for any confusion... :(

Just my $0.02.. ;)
Wasn't Confused :D just making lite of how Manufactures products don't last longer than 2 or 3 years. Wasn't directed at you personally M Code. Your info of Product availability is as always appreciated on AH.

M Code

M Code

Audioholic General
Wasn't Confused :D just making lite of how Manufactures products don't last longer than 2 or 3 years. Wasn't directed at you personally M Code. Your info of Product availability is as always appreciated on AH.
They need to last as long as the warranty period of 2 years...
But then again, they may still be working but obsolete for the latest audio, video, connectivity technologies.

Just my $0.02... ;).

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
They need to last as long as the warranty period of 2 years...
But then again, they may still be working but obsolete for the latest audio, video, connectivity technologies.

Just my $0.02... ;).
Yamahas RX-V6A, 8K, 4K, upconvert or pass-through? Probably pass through at that price huh?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis