Yamaha AVENTAGE 2021 AV Receivers Bulk Up on Power and 8K Features

clone1008

clone1008

Full Audioholic
Here is my A8A. I still have to configure it. My 2040 I used the av controller app to turn my zone 2 on and off.

My. Zone 2 was just an hdmi out to my bedroom tv. So not powering any speakers. I have the same set up in my new house.

Receiver in basement. Hdmi cable going upstairs to living room tv and another rone to the second floor bedroom. I got to wire it all when the house was being built so it's all behind the walls.

Does anyone know how to turn on zone 2/3 from the new music cast app. The old av controller app was super easy. I don't know why they went away with it.
The only option I can find in the app is Party Mode. Is this what you're looking for?

Attachments

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I knew you’d like that!

This spring I drove my family from MN to port Aransas Tx. We went off shore fishing, only about 5 miles but it was awesome. I spent my life on in land lakes and even Lake Superior, but there’s nothing quite like deep water. Respect.
Interesting that the AVR on your ship had a porthole. Lmao! And no. Don’t piss of cookie!!!
Bro, thing is I wasn't trying to mess it up! I want to find out more about that Marantz damn thing sounded good! Thing is I couldn't find the remote for it. Well guess who had the remote? The Cook! Well big sign was put up, Hand off! The only remote they let us have was for the satellite. Bro I spent months on that ship it was gorgeous! We called it the flotel! It was used to launch deep water submarines to explore the ocean floors.But Shell Oil least it out at the tune of 100,000 a week! We had everything we could want, satellite phones internet, shrimp the size of your hands! The hardest thing was they had women cooks BR hands out there also. Them lil bitch's would prick tease the hell out of us. The woman cook who was the male cook's relief, was as you would guess from Norway blonde hair, 6 ft tall gorgeous! I miss those days.

Last edited:
William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Bro, thing is I wasn't trying to mess it up! I want to find out more about that Marantz damn thing sounded good! Thing is I couldn't find the remote for it. Well guess who had the remote? The Cook! Well big sign was put up, Hand off! The only remote they let us have was for the satellite. Bro I spent months on that ship it was gorgeous! We called it the flotel! It was used to launch deep water submarines to explore the ocean floors.But Shell Oil least it out at the tune of 100,000 a week! We had everything we could want, satellite phones internet, shrimp the size of your hands! The hardest thing was they had women cooks BR hands out there also. Them lil bitch's would prick tease the hell out of us. The woman cook who was the male cook's relief, was as you would guess from Norway blonde hair, 6 ft tall gorgeous! I miss those days.
Lol. That’s why there’s babysitter mode. Lol
There’s definitely more ways to mess them up, than NOT!!! I’ve owned most of the brands out there. And really, I think they all can sound great.

Sounds like pretty good working conditions! Like me some 6’ Norwegian blondes!!! And jumbo shrimp! Did you ever get to go out in the submarine, that would be Fukkin awesome.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Hey guys quick question. On your subs do you hav eit set to on, auto, or standby? Lfe and gain around mid?
I think most use auto. It’s the easiest I think.

Yes LFE, as that uses the AVR’s bass management bypassing the one in the sub. Gain position depends on too many factors not related to that alone. If you’re level matching the sub/s, you’ll want to make sure the trim in the AVR is about -9 ish post calibration. Then you’ll have some room to bump up to taste, and make sure the auto on works too.

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
I just saw Gene saying in a short not to use automatic room calibration but doing it manually. I have no idea on how to do that :eek:

using an external device to measure distortion for each speaker and then manually edit the EQ ?

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Lol. That’s why there’s babysitter mode. Lol
There’s definitely more ways to mess them up, than NOT!!! I’ve owned most of the brands out there. And really, I think they all can sound great.

Sounds like pretty good working conditions! Like me some 6’ Norwegian blondes!!! And jumbo shrimp! Did you ever get to go out in the submarine, that would be Fukkin awesome.
Didn't get to mess with the Subs, I should've mentioned that the Subs where those remote kind, but they where really cool. They used them to hook up the cables that held the floating platform to the sea floor. They had these robotic arms that where controlled from the ships deck think like those game controllers, but way more cooler to mess with. Yeah the woman cook was cool she would come sit a talk with us. She'd mess with me I was 52 at the time. She had fried cat fish on the line and I made the comment of saying blessing the cook. After that, she get me to try some crazy sh$t bro! Like snails, squid yuck!

Majorusa

Majorusa

Junior Audioholic
Oh man, I feel you on that, I can't even get the music cast app to work on my setup. I know I'm doing something wrong. But your right the AVR app is much better it won't work on the new line. Sure hope Yamaha does something about that. If not it surly is a step back.
Why? Did you linked your Musiccast app to the receiver? After launching the Musicasr app, go to setup in the app, and then press the Menu (Setup) button on the receiver for several seconds until you get a message in the app.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Didn't get to mess with the Subs, I should've mentioned that the Subs where those remote kind, but they where really cool. They used them to hook up the cables that held the floating platform to the sea floor. They had these robotic arms that where controlled from the ships deck think like those game controllers, but way more cooler to mess with. Yeah the woman cook was cool she would come sit a talk with us. She'd mess with me I was 52 at the time. She had fried cat fish on the line and I made the comment of saying blessing the cook. After that, she get me to try some crazy sh$t bro! Like snails, squid yuck!
Snails? Hell no!!! Squid maybe.
Squish? FO SHO!!! Lol.

I would love to do the Jacque Cousteau thing. Even if it was remotely. Probably shitt once I got past 50’ depth in real SCUBA gear though. Been snorkeling, but that doesn’t count.

Btw, sorry not sorry for any sidetrack of the thread.

Majorusa

Majorusa

Junior Audioholic
Sad news. Yesterday the courier failed to pick the parcel with the A8A inside. They are overwhelmed, it is Black Friday here. It is due to be picked up today and will arrive tomorrow. Another 24 looooong hours.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Snails? Hell no!!! Squid maybe.
Squish? FO SHO!!! Lol.

I would love to do the Jacque Cousteau thing. Even if it was remotely. Probably shitt once I got past 50’ depth in real SCUBA gear though. Been snorkeling, but that doesn’t count.

Btw, sorry not sorry for any sidetrack of the thread.
Yeah same here guys my apologies for derailing the thread. Scuba diving nice, me? I've seen things in the Gulf that look like would swallow up a person :oops:.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Why? Did you linked your Musiccast app to the receiver? After launching the Musicasr app, go to setup in the app, and then press the Menu (Setup) button on the receiver for several seconds until you get a message in the app.
Thanks, gonna try again as soon as my coffee kick's in. In settings I didn't realize I had musiccast link power interlock set to off, It's on now. Got to have that set to on, it enables the power interlock on the AVR.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
What I absolutely want to find out from @gene and Yamaha is whether the Yamaha AV Controller app will work with the new Yamaha AVR and AVP with a firmware.

J

jakkedtide

Audioholic
Just tried to watch some Disney plus through my Xbox one (original) and the audio goes on and off. Not sure if it's an Xbox issue, app or the new receiver

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
Just tried to watch some Disney plus through my Xbox one (original) and the audio goes on and off. Not sure if it's an Xbox issue, app or the new receiver
Have you tried to do back and forth with compressed / unccompressed audio out on the XBox to see if it changes something ? As I am losing my mind trying to make windows games to properly use Dolby Atmos I am almost finding some informations about XBox Dolby Atmos issues and the sound output mode pop quite often in things that mess with AVR.

J

jakkedtide

Audioholic
Have you tried to do back and forth with compressed / unccompressed audio out on the XBox to see if it changes something ? As I am losing my mind trying to make windows games to properly use Dolby Atmos I am almost finding some informations about XBox Dolby Atmos issues and the sound output mode pop quite often in things that mess with AVR.
Its the old Xbox so I don't care. I am getting the new one today actually. Series x. Games work fine. Plex works for on and off, so files the Xbox doesn't like so it tries to transcode. I need another nvidia shield.

I am thinking of getting the new firestick 4k max. Anyone have one? I don't think it plays dts x though.

J

jakkedtide

Audioholic
Her eis my set up. I got the speakers all configured now have to try to set up the scenes. All the speakers have to be broken in and receiver too so in a bit everything will sound much better.

My wife says I have to remove the rear surrounds when not in use. Makes sense as the boys (4 and 6) will knock them over. Thanks for banana plugs. That's where the scene is going to come in handy. One for 7.2.4 and another for 5.2.4

Attachments

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis