Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Two hours of tree trimming would seem more satisfying if I thought anyone could tell that I did it. Yikes, I have a lot more to do.

The grass looks a lot nicer now that it's mowed, though.
You're in Arizona. Shouldn't your grass be all yellow by now?:confused::D

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Ran 10k this morning. Checked a plumbing problem for a buddy. Pressure washed the foundation this afternoon. Got a couple of beer can chickens on the grill. Waiting for some friends to turn up. All is right with the world.:)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Ran 10k this morning. Checked a plumbing problem for a buddy. Pressure washed the foundation this afternoon. Got a couple of beer can chickens on the grill. Waiting for some friends to turn up. All is right with the world.:)
Btw, impressive set of accomplishments. After doing yard work, I've slowed down quite a bit. I packed away my Droid X and one of my bluetooth headsets, and I'm working out. It's starting to thunder, so Niki's pretty anxious.

C

craig7

Senior Audioholic
well... i want chicken now...
i have to edit an hour and a half of minecraft footage into a 30 minute video tonight :eek: this is gonna suck
and windows live movie maker cant deal with 2 different audio streams on a video clip... crap
so now.... instead of just trimming the videos in movie maker, i now have to open the video files with audacity, select the right audio stream, save the audio track and then import it into movie maker.... and i have to do that for every clip. then i have to save the video, open it in some other program and censor out some details, then save it again and begin the long upload process. i have to do it all tonight because it sucks trying to use the internet while im uploading a video.

Last edited:
C

craig7

Senior Audioholic
almost 4 hours later... part 1 is about to start uploading.... im exhausted. 4am...

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Yesterday Rode my friend's 66 Mph Sea-Doo for 2nd time - well - it's still tons of fun, but the initial feeling of overwhelming adrenalin rush seem to cool just a bit :) - You get used to good things quickly

Soccerkid830

Soccerkid830

Full Audioholic
Yesterday Rode my friend's 66 Mph Sea-Doo for 2nd time - well - it's still tons of fun, but the initial feeling of overwhelming adrenalin rush seem to cool just a bit :) - You get used to good things quickly
Always wanted to ride a jet ski. I've ridden snowmobiles a lot and just like you said, you get used to it real quick and 85-90 mph on a sled doesn't feel like much anymore. That's why you just get bigger/faster toys to do stuff like my avatar ;).

My legs were literally shaking so bad from the adrenaline rush that I had to pull over and sit there for a bit to calm down. Most fun I have, and most likely will, ever have in a car.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Always wanted to ride a jet ski. I've ridden snowmobiles a lot and just like you said, you get used to it real quick and 85-90 mph on a sled doesn't feel like much anymore. That's why you just get bigger/faster toys to do stuff like my avatar ;).

My legs were literally shaking so bad from the adrenaline rush that I had to pull over and sit there for a bit to calm down. Most fun I have, and most likely will, ever have in a car.
Fastest I ever went in a car was 138mph. It didn't seem that fast until I came up on what looked like stopped traffic. They were only going 70mph.

Soccerkid830

Soccerkid830

Full Audioholic
Fastest I ever went in a car was 138mph. It didn't seem that fast until I came up on what looked like stopped traffic. They were only going 70mph.

I noticed that too. Couple times going down highways I'd punch it in an opening, get up to about 140-150 and catch the people in front of me in a heart beat. Then you slow down to 75-80 ish and it feels like you're barely even moving.

The whine of a supercharger is better than any sound coming out of any speaker ever, hands down. Sorry guys, it's true. :D

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I noticed that too. Couple times going down highways I'd punch it in an opening, get up to about 140-150 and catch the people in front of me in a heart beat. Then you slow down to 75-80 ish and it feels like you're barely even moving.

The whine of a supercharger is better than any sound coming out of any speaker ever, hands down. Sorry guys, it's true. :D
See now it sounds like you driving something that was meant to go that fast.

Do it in something definitely not meant to go that fast and now we're talkin' :D

98' Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer Edition 140, but not on the thruway or highway.

Good thing there were no cars coming or that slightly twisty road that almost just about straight using both lanes would have seemed real narrow real fast :eek:

Done in my younger wilder days of course :)

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan

Do it in something definitely not meant to go that fast and now we're talkin' :D

Good thing there were no cars coming or that slightly twisty road that almost just about straight using both lanes would have seemed real narrow real fast :eek:

I was on the Taconic Parkway in Westchester/Putnum county. This may sound like a good place to go fast, but trust me, it's not.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan

A 1998 Ford Explorer doing 140 ?!
What, did someone drop it out of a plane?:D

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I was on the Taconic Parkway in Westchester/Putnum county. This may sound like a good place to go fast, but trust me, it's not.
Oh, I am very familiar with the taconic. Horrible place it is. :eek:

A 1998 Ford Explorer doing 140 ?!
What, did someone drop it out of a plane?:D
I didn't think it was possible either, but apparently given a long enough straight(ish)away it'll get up there (with a 65 degree downslope and 160MPH tailwind :D)

Soccerkid830

Soccerkid830

Full Audioholic
I drive a 2001 Yukon which tops out at 99 mph on the dot. Before that I drove a 2000 Cavalier that topped out at 107 mph.

My avatar was when I had a CTS-V for a weekend. Drove it to school and back. For the record, I was trying to max it. Car and Driver apparently got it up to 191 mph. I could only hit 173 before Onstar binged in and said I was low on gas. It only took a bit over a mile to get going that fast but when Onstar binged I thought it was something shutting down the car. Every little thing scares you when you're driving a $75k car that isn't yours, ya know :D. Especially if you're over the speed limit by 115 mph.

If any of you know the UP of Michigan at all, there's a section of road called the Seney stretch. This section is about 25 miles, straight as an arrow. No turns, no hills, no crossroads, no cities. There aren't even powerlines on the side of this road. Here is the section of road if anyone is interested in going fast ;)On Google Maps

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
What pleasant looking stretch of road. I bet a few people have dropped the hammer on it once or twice :D

Soccerkid830

Soccerkid830

Full Audioholic
Too bad it's almost always riddled with cops. I just really wanted to open this car up. It's amazing to feel yourself just being pushed forward. You hit 100 in no time and it just keeps going. It starts to slow down accelerating around 150 is what it seems like. It just goes and goes and goes, I loved that car. In case you can't tell :D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis