Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soccerkid830

Soccerkid830

Full Audioholic
Trying to paint some bolts with high temperature paint that is supposedly good up to 800F. It rubs right off at 300F, that's almost useful for what I need it for. I love when stuff works as it should/is advertised :mad:

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Trying to paint some bolts with high temperature paint that is supposedly good up to 800F. It rubs right off at 300F, that's almost useful for what I need it for. I love when stuff works as it should/is advertised :mad:
Maybe they meant 800°R?

Ought oh. Geek post. :D

Soccerkid830

Soccerkid830

Full Audioholic
Maybe they meant 800°R?

Ought oh. Geek post. :D

Who even uses Rankine, let alone knows what it is? :p

I used that in my thermodynamics class two years ago for about a week :eek: and we switched right back to Celsius and Kelvin :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
It's what, R=Fahrenheit + 460 right?

If so, maybe they did mean 800R, that's pretty close to the 300F I'm already having the issues with :eek::D
Hence, why I mentioned it. :p Of course, I was only kidding, though. Like you said, few people even know what Rankine is. Mostly just MEs who had to take a thermodynamics course. :D

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Since when did I become a chief? Spelled kinda like chef on paper (or computer screens) :D

Wait now I'm confused am I an audioholic Chief or Chef?

Soccerkid830

Soccerkid830

Full Audioholic
Hence, why I mentioned it. :p Of course, I was only kidding, though. Like you said, few people even know what Rankine is. Mostly just MEs who had to take a thermodynamics course. :D
I'm going for Chemical Engineering, but yeah same idea.

And yes, I honestly hope they did not expect people to use Rankine in the real world. :eek:

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Maybe you shouldn't rub it. Just saying.:cool:

Soccerkid830

Soccerkid830

Full Audioholic
Oh gosh, just another Tuesday...

Anywho..
I can't wait to go back to school. Working in the real world isn't as fun as being in school :(

Soccerkid830

Soccerkid830

Full Audioholic
This guy is not long for this world!:eek:

Canadian cops chase 186 mph speeder | Fox News

I've been up to 130+mph on a 900 Ninja. If the wind changes too much, you can find yourself in another lane in a second.

Some people on bikes are crazy. Michigan just repealed the helmet law. Meaning you can ride without a helmet now :eek:. I was under the impression that states were going the other way, putting the law into place, not removing it. Apparently it's to attract more visitors/tourists. Because now these bikers who don't have helmets don't have to go to a store and buy a $300-600 helmet just to visit Michigan.

To ride without a helmet is absolutely stupid. No ifs, ands, or buts. Yeah, I used to putt-putt around on my dirtbike without a helmet getting up there in speed around 70 mph. But to do it on a street with other drivers is asking for problems. Sure you might be the best rider in the world but you still have to deal with these other idiots that seem to think they are able to text and drive at the same time when they clearly cannot even walk and chew gum.

To be honest, that video is pretty cool though. Just saying... :cool: Stupid, but cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis