Post up things that you “Hate” Anything goes.

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
It's actually cheap for an apartment in Lincoln Park. That's an expensive neighborhood in Chicago, but also one of the best places to live. I was a short walk to the zoo, the beach, and right off Clark Street, which has tons of restaurants, clubs, and venues as far as the eye can see. And if any of our friends here live in San Fran, Seattle, LA, NYC, I'm sure similar areas in those cities would be even more expensive.
I've always wanted to get up there for a visit, very interesting City. A friend of mine was from there we worked in the Gulf of Mexico together back in 2005. I sure do miss that dude. He wanted me to fly up with him, he goes man I have these two Lady's that works at a Hotel. Lol. We where on a Exxon platform in the Gulf had been out there for over 3 weeks he was our scaffold builder. Well when he didn't have anything to do, he would fish, well he pulled up this big ass shark one afternoon, Lol about a 10fter..man to see this guy wrestling that shark over the handrails to get it on the deck was the funny sh_$ I tell ya! He loved Chicago! Big Chicago Bears fan. Well he got that Shark on deck started hitting it with his hammer tell it died, thing was flopping and jumping all over the place it's mouth snipping at everything it could! Watching him fight with that shark was funny man I tell you!

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
What's up with those TV evangelist ? They got this one scumbag Mike Murdock, he goes on to say if you want a blessing you have to give a seed gift wait for it a 1000 bucks! Or 58 bucks a month! Really!! What a scumbag! But yet the FCC let's these scammers on TV! Fool's send in money to this piece of s$$t!! That would be like Jesus going, oh I'll heal you but give me 50 bucks first. Just like all the other's, Jimmy Swaggart still conning people out of money. Why do people fall for this BS! When Jesus said, all you have to do is believe. Them dudes wear high dollar suits, drive expensive cars and live in million dollar homes.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
So I moved into a apartment this passed January, well it's 4 apartments upstairs, they got this 68 year old Nut Chase, who has been here for something like 13 years. Well I found out that the other 3 apartments haven't been rented in a long time. Because of the Nut Chase in apartment #1. So far this dude has been making lewd comments stalking me when I go in and out of my apartment. I talked with the pizza place next door they told me he has been harassing any tenants that move in to the other apartments so people move out because of this nut case. I'm to the point of moving out myself before I do something I may regret. Any advice on how to handle this creep? The landlord knows full well how this nut chase is. From what I found out he is on probation already for harassment.
Record him making the comments- you have a smart phone, right? As long as one party knows a recording is being made, it's legal in most states. If you can get it on camera, even better.

If you want to do it covertly, Brickhouse sells all kinds of cameras that look like something else (sunglasses, a key fob, etc).

https://www.brickhousesecurity.com/?campaign=131796023&adgroup=5469112223&keyword=brickhouse security&network=g&adposition=1t1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI4tbpr4bp4QIVTf_jBx1bFgUSEAAYASAAEgJNZfD_BwE

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
I'll be out of here come October, but yeah, dude isn't right in the head.

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
Well down here in the deep South, in and around the New Orleans area, 17 people, and 5 of those have died. Looks like the gangs, still have no regards for life. That's just this past weekend! They seem to love gunning down people.

CB22

CB22

Senior Audioholic
Well down here in the deep South, in and around the New Orleans area, 17 people, and 5 of those have died. Looks like the gangs, still have no regards for life. That's just this past weekend! They seem to love gunning down people.
Yep, one of the reasons I don't like watching the local news, it get depressing with all the murders and crime. I have a friend who worked in local new station doing crime reporting full time and she quit after 4 years. She said it took a hell toll on her mentally and her view of the city.

Looks like the gangs, still have no regards for life.
Poor kids with bad parents, a bad education, and a lack of economic opportunities, what do you expect? I don't see the violence leaving New Orleans anytime soon unless another Katrina happens and forces people out. Remember when the crime in Huston tripped in 05/ 06 and then slowly made its way back to NOLA...

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
Yep, one of the reasons I don't like watching the local news, it get depressing with all the murders and crime. I have a friend who worked in local new station doing crime reporting full time and she quit after 4 years. She said it took a hell toll on her mentally and her view of the city.

Poor kids with bad parents, a bad education, and a lack of economic opportunities, what do you expect? I don't see the violence leaving New Orleans anytime soon unless another Katrina happens and forces people out. Remember when the crime in Huston tripped in 05/ 06 and then slowly made its way back to NOLA...
Yeah, New Orleans is expensive to live the city itself. Around old Algiers, Terrytown, Metairie Marrero better pack a gun when you going those areas. Yeah Katrina, Rita hit some of those gangster made their way down here in the Berry, murder rate went up to 8,10 a year. Cops where finding dead people in their driveway. Thing is Cops know about it. I asked a state trooper once, he goes f..kem let them kill each other better than us getting shot. Just a few months back 5 sheriff deputies got fired or arrested for doing a legal things. Our clerk of courts under investigation.

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
I really hate finding an 'older' movie I like (DVD or Blu-ray) only to find it won't play on my equipment, but the modern re-make of it will. For example, The Ladykillers (1955) vs. the 2004 remake with Tom Hanks.

Playback Region B/2 :This will not play on most Blu-ray players sold in North America, Central America, South America, Japan, North Korea, South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Southeast Asia. Learn more about Blu-ray region specifications.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
What's up with those TV evangelist ? They got this one scumbag Mike Murdock, he goes on to say if you want a blessing you have to give a seed gift wait for it a 1000 bucks! Or 58 bucks a month! Really!! What a scumbag! But yet the FCC let's these scammers on TV! Fool's send in money to this piece of s$$t!! That would be like Jesus going, oh I'll heal you but give me 50 bucks first. Just like all the other's, Jimmy Swaggart still conning people out of money. Why do people fall for this BS! When Jesus said, all you have to do is believe. Them dudes wear high dollar suits, drive expensive cars and live in million dollar homes.
Yeah he's on the Camp Meeting shows here all the time. I guess poor people have no shot at happiness since they cant afford to send seed gifts. We used to have a dude named Robert Tilton here in DFW who was finally run out of town. People like this just give religion a bad name. All about the $$ I guess...

Last edited:
Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
Yeah he's on the Camp Meeting shows here all the time. I guess poor people have no shot at happiness since they cant afford to send seed gifts. We used to have a dude named Robert Tilton here in DFW who was finally run out of town. People like these just give religion a bad name. All about the $$ I guess...
Yes they do, down here in Louisiana we have our share of them ASH. One been asking his followers for money to buy his 2nd private jet. Lol..

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
When I’m selling used gear (I take extremely good care of my equipment) and the perspective buyer turns it into a pissing contest. “Oh you have Knu-Konceptz 12 AWG cable? I don’t use anything less than MIT terminator cables” then why are you trying to buy my used pair of Def Tech SM350’s for $200? Sorry I don’t have any Wilson Audio products to offer you. I’ve literally kicked people out of my house and forgone a sale for their stupidity. I had a guy two days ago who was looking at a set of 5 Mirage Omnisats I listed with the LF-150 for a very reasonable $200 (I paid $40 for all of them from a wonderful old lady who never hooked them up), the guy proceeds to tell me that the Omnisats should be pointed towards the walls to reflect sound and that for $200 he’s better off with his existing “Bose Lifestyles 25.” Needless to say I’ve decided to keep them for a future bedroom system and not having to deal with acoustical theories of idiots.

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
Also. That guy who plays Shooter McGavin. I don’t trust him man.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
When I’m selling used gear (I take extremely good care of my equipment) and the perspective buyer turns it into a pissing contest. “Oh you have Knu-Konceptz 12 AWG cable? I don’t use anything less than MIT terminator cables” then why are you trying to buy my used pair of Def Tech SM350’s for $200? Sorry I don’t have any Wilson Audio products to offer you. I’ve literally kicked people out of my house and forgone a sale for their stupidity. I had a guy two days ago who was looking at a set of 5 Mirage Omnisats I listed with the LF-150 for a very reasonable $200 (I paid $40 for all of them from a wonderful old lady who never hooked them up), the guy proceeds to tell me that the Omnisats should be pointed towards the walls to reflect sound and that for $200 he’s better off with his existing “Bose Lifestyles 25.” Needless to say I’ve decided to keep them for a future bedroom system and not having to deal with acoustical theories of idiots.
Yeah, this is quite annoying. Also, people who start closely inspecting the cover of the amp/avr after you clearly state it's second hand and in good condition. They look like they regret not bringing a magnifier with them. When they start looking for a scratch, you know they'll start haggling. (If you have to look for it that closely, it's not a big deal)

I had a guy coming to buy an old amp and I said in the ad; it works, it is used, it is very nice with some light traces of use. By the time the guy reached the back of the cover of the amp, I just told him I'm raising the price and he can't have it for 80 it's now gone up to a 100 for him, just to piss him off.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I really hate finding an 'older' movie I like (DVD or Blu-ray) only to find it won't play on my equipment, but the modern re-make of it will. For example, The Ladykillers (1955) vs. the 2004 remake with Tom Hanks.

Playback Region B/2 :This will not play on most Blu-ray players sold in North America, Central America, South America, Japan, North Korea, South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Southeast Asia. Learn more about Blu-ray region specifications.
Yeah, the regional restrictions s*cks, but it is entirely voluntary for the makers of the blu-ray/DVD discs to implement or not, as you noticed the hard way. On the other hand the UHD Blu-ray discs are region free.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Yeah, this is quite annoying. Also, people who start closely inspecting the cover of the amp/avr after you clearly state it's second hand and in good condition. They look like they regret not bringing a magnifier with them. When they start looking for a scratch, you know they'll start haggling. (If you have to look for it that closely, it's not a big deal)

I had a guy coming to buy an old amp and I said in the ad; it works, it is used, it is very nice with some light traces of use. By the time the guy reached the back of the cover of the amp, I just told him I'm raising the price and he can't have it for 80 it's now gone up to a 100 for him, just to piss him off.
That's one reason I'm not so nice when it comes to selling stuff. I tell them up front "it's this price, you either want it or you don't". I don't care if they buy it so it's up to them.

We sold a bunch of baby toys and stuff like that and people tried that crap. "Well, you have it listed for $7 how about $6?" Nope. Take it or leave it. Don't have time for this crap.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
That's one reason I'm not so nice when it comes to selling stuff. I tell them up front "it's this price, you either want it or you don't". I don't care if they buy it so it's up to them.

We sold a bunch of baby toys and stuff like that and people tried that crap. "Well, you have it listed for $7 how about $6?" Nope. Take it or leave it. Don't have time for this crap.
I can certainly relate to that :D

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai

I hear ya!

I wouldn't even mind someone trying to lower the price by simply asking, but close inspection and then trying to convince you it's not worth what you're asking because he found a scratch... I don't know. Just ask, if it's too much for you, just ask. Don't think a hair line scratch gives you the right to knock the price.

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
People on bicycles who block traffic. I know they think THEY are "traffic", but real traffic must obey all traffic laws or pay the penalty when caught. That includes actually coming to a complete stop at stop signs and traffic lights whether anyone is coming or not. It is not a suggestion. It is the law. Yet when was the last time you saw someone on a bicycle stop at a sign or light when nobody was coming? Would it be inconvenient for the bicycles and cars? You bet. So inconvenient that it would open people's eyes to the fact that bicycles are an obstruction and cannot coexist safely on the same roads with the same rules as cars. So when I complain about a herd of bicycles on a curvy two-lane road, don't tell me they are traffic and have the same rights as a car.

And how is it that bicycle riders think they are the top of the food chain? Both cars and pedestrians should yield to them. Wife and I have actually been cussed out for walking on the road one evening and not moving off into the tall grass to let a herd of bicycles pass unimpeded. To us they seemed entitled, rude and obnoxious. I'm guessing they were all democrats. ;)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm guessing they were all democrats. ;)
That's pretty telling.

Saw a kid get hit by a car a couple of days ago. He had it coming. I was rooting for the car the whole time.

I bet the driver was a right winger.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis