Post up things that you “Hate” Anything goes.

Matthew J Poes

Matthew J Poes

Audioholic Chief
Staff member
I’m sorry to hear you are having this problem. I would document specific dates and times or his harassing behavior. This can be used with both your landlord and the police. I would talk with the landlord frankly. Explain what he is doing, what you understand to be true, and how it makes you feel. If the harassment constitutes illegal action, I would report him to the police. If he is on probabstion for harassment then it won’t take much for him to end up in jail.

However, I don’t understand why he hasn’t been evicted. It makes no financial sense for a landlord to allow a tenant to remain in his building at the expense of multiple other units. The margins on rental buildings would cause any building with multiple long term empty units to be a losing money venture. My wife and I want to buy a multi unit building and one reason we haven’t is precisely this. Even if you own the building outright, it makes little financial sense to allow multiple units to lay vacant. Are you positive the landlord is fully aware of this tenants behavior and that he is in fact responsible for the empty units?

From a personal standpoint, I would also work especially hard on not letting this guy get to you and not showing it. His behavior, like any troll, is empowered by the reactions he gets. If you can take away that power, he loses and hopefully eventually he stops. If he is mentally ill then he may never stop, but you will be happier if you can ignore his behavior.

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
I’m sorry to hear you are having this problem. I would document specific dates and times or his harassing behavior. This can be used with both your landlord and the police. I would talk with the landlord frankly. Explain what he is doing, what you understand to be true, and how it makes you feel. If the harassment constitutes illegal action, I would report him to the police. If he is on probabstion for harassment then it won’t take much for him to end up in jail.

However, I don’t understand why he hasn’t been evicted. It makes no financial sense for a landlord to allow a tenant to remain in his building at the expense of multiple other units. The margins on rental buildings would cause any building with multiple long term empty units to be a losing money venture. My wife and I want to buy a multi unit building and one reason we haven’t is precisely this. Even if you own the building outright, it makes little financial sense to allow multiple units to lay vacant. Are you positive the landlord is fully aware of this tenants behavior and that he is in fact responsible for the empty units?

From a personal standpoint, I would also work especially hard on not letting this guy get to you and not showing it. His behavior, like any troll, is empowered by the reactions he gets. If you can take away that power, he loses and hopefully eventually he stops. If he is mentally ill then he may never stop, but you will be happier if you can ignore his behavior.
Thank you Matthew, I really appreciate your comments! From what I know he knows the landlords grandfather very well and from what I have been told from the other neighbors in the area he has been picked up many times before for trolling the other neighbors. Your right on your assessment he is a troll come to think of it or a bully. I know for a fact that he does go to anger management classes. I did call the landlord, twice on him for his Trolling. I believe in my best interest is to just find a place to move, dude isn't worth it. Apartment #2, is a young gentleman that his been here for a few years, he told me to watch out for the guy in apartment #1, that he has caused a mess with him before. Jon, that's the dude in unit #2. Has had to threaten to whip his butt to make him stop trolling him. Thanks again Matthew I really appreciate the time you took on this matter.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
People sitting at a red light then waiting 10 or 20 seconds to move on when the light turns green. Probably insuring that a lot of the people behind them miss the light.

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
Hey bro, I see on your profile pic, you gotta man eating bubby there. He/she really cool looking.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Hey bro, I see on your profile pic, you gotta man eating bubby there. He/she really cool looking.
Not my dog but I wish it was - I got this pic from a site called my owner is an idiot. Great pics. I do love dogs and have had a beagle and a springer spaniel and they were both great dogs. Currently in a small apt so not fair to keep a dog here.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
So I moved into a apartment this passed January, well it's 4 apartments upstairs, they got this 68 year old Nut Chase, who has been here for something like 13 years. Well I found out that the other 3 apartments haven't been rented in a long time. Because of the Nut Chase in apartment #1. So far this dude has been making lewd comments stalking me when I go in and out of my apartment. I talked with the pizza place next door they told me he has been harassing any tenants that move in to the other apartments so people move out because of this nut case. I'm to the point of moving out myself before I do something I may regret. Any advice on how to handle this creep? The landlord knows full well how this nut chase is. From what I found out he is on probation already for harassment.
The best revenge is living well
-Jerry Seinfeld

Show him that it doesn’t even slightly affect you, it’s his problem that he is an idiot... not your’s :p

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
Been seeing this commercial on TV for a "Grandpad" really! It's a Really big iPad thing for older people from that cheesy Consumer Cellular wireless company. Commercial as cheesy as you would expect. It's really sad that there are so much BS on TV trying to sell junk like this. Than I been seeing this Dr. Ho's belt or some pill that's being pimped out by Larry King. Not to mention the late-night religious nuts trying to get people to send in money or put it on your credit card $58 seed gift! What gets me is no doubt in my mind are all scams or scumbags would be more appropriate. Isn't the FCC supposed to be watching this?

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
When you come up to a stop light and three lanes are going your way.

One is left turn only, one is straight, and one is right and straight.

You want to turn right. There's nobody in the middle lane.

Dildo in front of you pulls into the right lane and stops, thereby preventing you from turning right.

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
Probably someone playing Pokémon Go on their phone. :)
Funny you mention playing those games, I have this friend she is 62 years old. That's all she does is play those games on her phone. I mean more than she talks on it. I've never been interested playing those games kind of like watching those adult cartoon shows on TV.

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
What's up with the news media seems, everytime one of the so-called royal family in England takes a crap they got to report it. Why is the media so fixated with Da Royal Family! Or them Kardashians? Really!

V

viseral audio

Audioholic
approach the landlord and be sure he is aware of all the lost revenue he is suffering as a result

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
approach the landlord and be sure he is aware of all the lost revenue he is suffering as a result
Yeah, definitely something wrong with this dude man. I was going to stay here a few years, but not now the rent is cheap 450 a month plus landlord pays the water bill out of the rent. But just this past Saturday I went to the throw away some garbage and lo and behold he comes out his apartment cause he leave the door open all the time stands at the rail staring at me the whole time. Dude is creepy man I tell ya. Knowing me retired from the oilfield I want to throw him off the balcony. Lol

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Yeah, definitely something wrong with this dude man. I was going to stay here a few years, but not now the rent is cheap 450 a month plus landlord pays the water bill out of the rent. But just this past Saturday I went to the throw away some garbage and lo and behold he comes out his apartment cause he leave the door open all the time stands at the rail staring at me the whole time. Dude is creepy man I tell ya. Knowing me retired from the oilfield I want to throw him off the balcony. Lol
Next time just stop and stare back until one of you gives up. Just don't be the one that gives up. ;)

Matthew J Poes

Matthew J Poes

Audioholic Chief
Staff member
Hah I don’t think I’ve ever paid so little for rent in my life. I can totally understand wanting to keep that. My last rental was in Chicago, $1000 a month for a 300 square foot studio. The closet was huge so I put the bed in the closet and slept in the closet so I had enough room for a projector and speakers in the main room (really big speakers!). Priorities!

Now I have a house far bigger than I need and pay so much more. I miss the city.

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
Wow that's a lot for a small place! There is a Pizza place that's next door to the apartments which is owned by the landlord also. The employees have had a run-in with this dude. So far since last Saturday he hasn't done anything yet. Thing is you gotta be careful with something like this, by not taking the law into your own hands. I have talked with the landlord, everyone around here knows how this creep is. They banned him from going to the pizza place. Cops have been to his apartment so many times for what the neighbors have told me. Back in the day I would have just whipped his ass lol.

Matthew J Poes

Matthew J Poes

Audioholic Chief
Staff member
Wow that's a lot for a small place! There is a Pizza place that's next door to the apartments which is owned by the landlord also. The employees have had a run-in with this dude. So far since last Saturday he hasn't done anything yet. Thing is you gotta be careful with something like this, by not taking the law into your own hands. I have talked with the landlord, everyone around here knows how this creep is. They banned him from going to the pizza place. Cops have been to his apartment so many times for what the neighbors have told me. Back in the day I would have just whipped his ass lol.
It's actually cheap for an apartment in Lincoln Park. That's an expensive neighborhood in Chicago, but also one of the best places to live. I was a short walk to the zoo, the beach, and right off Clark Street, which has tons of restaurants, clubs, and venues as far as the eye can see. And if any of our friends here live in San Fran, Seattle, LA, NYC, I'm sure similar areas in those cities would be even more expensive.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
When you come up to a stop light and three lanes are going your way.

One is left turn only, one is straight, and one is right and straight.

You want to turn right. There's nobody in the middle lane.

Dildo in front of you pulls into the right lane and stops, thereby preventing you from turning right.
Yeah I had that happen to me many times. Just have to grin and bear it:(

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis