Post up things that you “Hate” Anything goes.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
People on bicycles who block traffic. I know they think THEY are "traffic", but real traffic must obey all traffic laws or pay the penalty when caught. That includes actually coming to a complete stop at stop signs and traffic lights whether anyone is coming or not. It is not a suggestion. It is the law. Yet when was the last time you saw someone on a bicycle stop at a sign or light when nobody was coming? Would it be inconvenient for the bicycles and cars? You bet. So inconvenient that it would open people's eyes to the fact that bicycles are an obstruction and cannot coexist safely on the same roads with the same rules as cars. So when I complain about a herd of bicycles on a curvy two-lane road, don't tell me they are traffic and have the same rights as a car.

And how is it that bicycle riders think they are the top of the food chain? Both cars and pedestrians should yield to them. Wife and I have actually been cussed out for walking on the road one evening and not moving off into the tall grass to let a herd of bicycles pass unimpeded. To us they seemed entitled, rude and obnoxious. I'm guessing they were all democrats. ;)
It's worse when they are in a group of 100 or more. Then they become a hazard. They ride 3-4 deep in a lane and block traffic.

I respect the effort of what they are trying to do, but be respectful of the traffic and obey the laws.

What's funny is when I lived in the DFW area the main paths that they took had no bike paths. Really, most of the area (Plano, Allen) didn't have bike paths.

Where I live now has tons of bike paths and bike lanes, but nobody here seems to ride. Weird.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
It's worse when they are in a group of 100 or more. Then they become a hazard. They ride 3-4 deep in a lane and block traffic.

I respect the effort of what they are trying to do, but be respectful of the traffic and obey the laws.

What's funny is when I lived in the DFW area the main paths that they took had no bike paths. Really, most of the area (Plano, Allen) didn't have bike paths.

Where I live now has tons of bike paths and bike lanes, but nobody here seems to ride. Weird.
Lots of bike trails here in Las Colinas. Nice because the bikes are for the most part off of the street.

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
That's pretty telling.

Saw a kid get hit by a car a couple of days ago. He had it coming. I was rooting for the car the whole time.

I bet the driver was a right winger.
Pretty weak analogy... unless the car driver left his garage with the full intention and plan of hitting a kid.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Pretty weak analogy... unless the car driver left his garage with the full intention and plan of hitting a kid.
Yet from your comment I'd tend to suspect you of such, due this and other views. Remember you got paved roads due to the lobbying of cyclists. Cyclists rock! Even the republicans....

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
Yet from your comment I'd tend to suspect you of such, due this and other views. Remember you got paved roads due to the lobbying of cyclists. Cyclists rock! Even the republicans....
And I suspect you don't live where you regularly get caught behind bicycles on 2 lane roads with no opportunity to pass for miles. And I suspect you've not seen your wife cussed for not stepping off the road into 3ft high grass so they aren't inconvenienced. And we owe paved roads to cyclists? Hahahahaha!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
And I suspect you don't live where you regularly get caught behind bicycles on 2 lane roads with no opportunity to pass for miles. And I suspect you've not seen your wife cussed for not stepping off the road into 3ft high grass so they aren't inconvenienced. And we owe paved roads to cyclists? Hahahahaha!
Yes we have narrow roads and cyclists, too. Some roads are poorly designed for multiple use, that is often due short sightedness. I have no idea about your wife and what she was doing or not....

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
Yes we have narrow roads and cyclists, too. Some roads are poorly designed for multiple use, that is often due short sightedness. I have no idea about your wife and what she was doing or not....
She was walking hand-in-hand with me.

So the country roads built 50 years ago were built with short sightedness because they didn't account for bicycle herds? Oh my. Hahahhahahahaha!!!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
She was walking hand-in-hand with me.

So the country roads built 50 years ago were built with short sightedness because they didn't account for bicycle herds? Oh my. Hahahhahahahaha!!!
Not enough room for pedestrians either? Yeah, I'd say that was a bit narrow. What did they make them for, Model T's?

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
Hurricanes, hate them!!. Sitting here in Louisiana, power went out last night around 10pm. Lost all my food in the refrigerator car got flooded. Was going to build me a new system, but Nooo thanks to this hurricane that blew through i gotta buy a car again. All's good through.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
I hate it when . . . you've been throwing a Jitterbug (topwater fishing lure) for about an hour with no action, and you then get a bird's nest in your line right after casting, so you stop to untangle it, and just then a huge pike grabs the lure and takes off, breaking your line because you can't feed line due to the bird's nest.

I also hate it when you catch a pike on a Rapala, and while you're trying to get the hook out the pike thrashes around and one of the other treble hooks on the Rapala goes through your finger while the other hook is still in the pike thrashing around, and you're by yourself so you have to find your pliers that has a wire cutter to cut the hook stuck in your finger while you're wrestling with the pike.

Those are the only two things I hate.

Okay, one more: When you're driving a harmonic balancer onto the crank of a big block Chevy using a sledgehammer and a lead pipe that extends through your bumper, and you miss the lead pipe and instead hit your knee full force with the sledgehammer on one side while your knee is against the bumper on the other side.

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
I hate it when . . . you've been throwing a Jitterbug (topwater fishing lure) for about an hour with no action, and you then get a bird's nest in your line right after casting, so you stop to untangle it, and just then a huge pike grabs the lure and takes off, breaking your line because you can't feed line due to the bird's nest.

I also hate it when you catch a pike on a Rapala, and while you're trying to get the hook out the pike thrashes around and one of the other treble hooks on the Rapala goes through your finger while the other hook is still in the pike thrashing around, and you're by yourself so you have to find your pliers that has a wire cutter to cut the hook stuck in your finger while you're wrestling with the pike.

Those are the only two things I hate.

Okay, one more: When you're driving a harmonic balancer onto the crank of a big block Chevy using a sledgehammer and a lead pipe that extends through your bumper, and you miss the lead pipe and instead hit your knee full force with the sledgehammer on one side while your knee is against the bumper on the other side.
Ouch!! Man thanks gor posting about working on cars. I was a certified technician for 23 years before i change careers and went to the oilfield. Work for two GM dealerships 10 years between the two. I didn't get hurt bad till I got into the oilfield, Gulf of Mexico 15 years. In that line of work you work yourself up. I ended up as a senior instrumentation technician T-2 certified bring production platform Wells online amongst all the other things that come with that it just took a toll on my body. Money was awesome! I hate that I miss it.

hemiram

hemiram

Full Audioholic
I hate it when it's dry and sunny out, and a car or truck slows to less than walking speed to make a right hand turn, as if they are afraid they will roll their vehicle if they take a turn too fast. I had a couple of these nervous nellies in front of me yesterday morning and because of them I had to sit through a long light. If they had even turned at 5 MPH, I would have made the light. It's funny how many of them turn insanely slowly when it's nice out, but drive way too fast when it's wet or snowy out. And even more enraging is when they tailgate, and I'm doing 10MPH over the limit. A woman rode my back end for about a mile on a two lane section of a road, and when it went to two lanes on each side, went around me and almost crashed into the back of a pickup when he slowed down to go over a not smooth railroad crossing. As a last idiotic move, she cuts me off and I almost hit her. That was enough for me, I followed her to where she was going, the hair salon, and when she got out of her car, I said, 'WTH(Well, not that nicely) are you doing? You're driving like an idiot!". She seemed to be totally clueless and that got me even more angry, and I said, "You rode my butt for over a mile, then almost crashed into the silver truck, then cut me off and I almost hit you! You don't know you did that?". She started to quiver that bottom lip, and I said, "Just stop driving like an idiot!!" and left her standing there. Probably still unaware what I was angry about.

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
I hate it when it's dry and sunny out, and a car or truck slows to less than walking speed to make a right hand turn, as if they are afraid they will roll their vehicle if they take a turn too fast. I had a couple of these nervous nellies in front of me yesterday morning and because of them I had to sit through a long light. If they had even turned at 5 MPH, I would have made the light. It's funny how many of them turn insanely slowly when it's nice out, but drive way too fast when it's wet or snowy out. And even more enraging is when they tailgate, and I'm doing 10MPH over the limit. A woman rode my back end for about a mile on a two lane section of a road, and when it went to two lanes on each side, went around me and almost crashed into the back of a pickup when he slowed down to go over a not smooth railroad crossing. As a last idiotic move, she cuts me off and I almost hit her. That was enough for me, I followed her to where she was going, the hair salon, and when she got out of her car, I said, 'WTH(Well, not that nicely) are you doing? You're driving like an idiot!". She seemed to be totally clueless and that got me even more angry, and I said, "You rode my butt for over a mile, then almost crashed into the silver truck, then cut me off and I almost hit you! You don't know you did that?". She started to quiver that bottom lip, and I said, "Just stop driving like an idiot!!" and left her standing there. Probably still unaware what I was angry about.
See it all the time. I do take certain 90 degree right hand turns in my box truck slow but that's because I have a load of product in the back that has shifted in the past. I also go slow because on one corner, people are really stupid and will walk right out into traffic. So yeah, I have a lot to watch out for. Can't do that fast.

As for driving like a moron. Oh yeah. That's why we have daily accidents and highway shutdowns in SE Wisconsin on I-94. Under construction so 3 narrow lanes with no shoulder and no open exits for miles and miles. So do people drive safe? Nope. Drive like morons and get the freeway closed. Like get off your effing phone and drive! Who do you really need to talk to right now?

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I hate that I put on sunblock 4 times in a 5 hr period and am still going to blister. Woo Texas heat.

Guess I need to use better sunblock. :mad:

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
Man, just when you think you heard it all from religious fanatics and religious nuts. Lol There's a article on Newsweek,. This pastor said he was sucking out demons from men He was molesting...He would tell them he needed to Suck out the demon through their sperm..lmao..

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
One thing I like about Texas is that hats and boots are always in style.

I wanna talk about hate but it's 76 degrees with 76% humidity right now ... ;)
True enough. People still look at the "true" cowboys funny when they're all decked out, but tons of people around here wear boots pretty much full time.

Also, I envy your perfectly reasonable temperature.

Right now it's already 86 with 66% humidity. It's only going to go up from here.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Trying to find house number 1015 and you find 1013, 1014, 1016 and 1015 is the next block over...

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis