Hard time deciding between two receivers

C

cafez

Junior Audioholic
That's it, Denon does not have backlit remote. Sending it back asap. JK

C

cafez

Junior Audioholic
Congrats on your new receiver. But wait, what about the cables? Once you hook it up do let us know your findings.
Cables just left Germany. But with this Covid situation not sure when it will actually arrive here.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
That's it, Denon does not have backlit remote. Sending it back asap. JK
Definitely should...lol
FWIW, I personally do appreciate backlit remotes. But once I memorize the button shapes/textures and locations I rarely need to look at the remote. Even on my Marantz which has little in the way of specially shaped buttons, it’s still pretty easy.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Definitely should...lol
FWIW, I personally do appreciate backlit remotes. But once I memorize the button shapes/textures and locations I rarely need to look at the remote. Even on my Marantz which has little in the way of specially shaped buttons, it’s still pretty easy.
I thought Marantz's have back lit, no? My AV8801's has.:D

C

cafez

Junior Audioholic
Definitely should...lol
With current tv I never look at my remote when using it.

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
Denon remotes do glow in the dark but its just a glow not an actual light...lol

Something like this.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

pcosmic

pcosmic

Senior Audioholic
Well, in the end I got the 3700h :)
How long before they ship it to you? I hear that Asahi Kasei Micro chip factory burnt to the ground, aka leading to significant delivery delays for Denon/Marantz/Onkyo stuff. While you're waiting for months, SachB and I will be dancin all along to the ESS Yammies we've got...dancin dancin dancin laughin hard at all ye D & M flatearth inhabitants floundering in the dark (with no supplies). Bwaaahahaha bwaaaahaha bwaa

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Mine actually has a lot of glow in the dark ones. Not as useful as real backlit ones, but better than nothing. Still, I don’t look at it very often since I’ve memorized it by feel and location. My x700 remote however, is horrible.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
What a couple of douchebags. You guys get enjoyment out of trying to ruin the OP's purchase.

pcosmic

pcosmic

Senior Audioholic
:rolleyes:
AKM is anyways inferior to the ESS found on Yamaha, so no comparison there.

But op did say he's picking up the Denon X3700H tomorrow. Scroll back few posts.

Just google ESS vs AKM, lots of info on it.

I was just joking earlier. But, it can become a supply chain issue rather quickly unless AKM moves fast. I'm personally a R2R guy myself. But, it comes down to the whole DAC implementation (output stages etc etc) not the chip itself.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Nice choice on avr, the XT32 and sub capabilities and pre-outs I think are worthy cost additions over the 2700.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Plug these Sony's into your Denon

C

cafez

Junior Audioholic
Plug these Sony's into your Denon
I have HD 660s ;)
With Zen dac, like people have said nah you can run them off of phone, but who in their right mind would do so lol. For me it is night and day difference.

C

cafez

Junior Audioholic
Today got everything delivered. Setup was like really really easy. Did audyssey setup and got everything running. Only part that was hard was wire stripping, cause I had crappy old one lol. Audio is superb, already watched one movie :)
Tidal songs that I played were really nice.
I plan on getting a subwoofer little later too.

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
Today got everything delivered. Setup was like really really easy. Did audyssey setup and got everything running. Only part that was hard was wire stripping, cause I had crappy old one lol. Audio is superb, already watched one movie :)
Tidal songs that I played were really nice.
I plan on getting a subwoofer little later too.
Do send a recording .I wanna hear your system now on youtube. I hope its not like my crappy old Denon X2300W. Yours should sound much better since its the X.700H series, someone told me his X4700H sounds really good, but the X4500 was harsh.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis