Sony 2023 ES Receiver lineup

Txzick

Txzick

Enthusiast
Many people here on AH who have been in this hobby for 30+ YR will disagree with you. :D
Good for them, they're either deaf or their room accustics and/or equipment sucks
I've been in this hobby for 50 yrs, owned more A/V electronics than I can count, both mid-fi to high end.
Half my professional life I was an Electronics Field Service Engineer (30 yrs)
Thanks to some for participating and adding nothing to the subject

Last edited:
Txzick

Txzick

Enthusiast
Oh... so one amplifier does sound different than anothers.
Thx for mnaking my point

Try harder to improve your reading comprehension

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Good for them, they're either deaf or their room accustics and/or equipment sucks
I've been in this hobby for 50 yrs, owned more A/V electronics than I can count, both mid-fi to high end.
On a more serious note, was the sync issue regarding the HDMI #3 port ever resolved? Bravia Sync ON in TV and receiver? HDMI ports in TV and receiver ALL set to Enhanced mode. TV and receiver both on current firmware?

T

TheMadHatter

Audiophyte
Hello to all!

I'm close to purchasing an STR-AZ5000ES and I am pondering if using the Sony AVR will work "best" with my 2022 A95K television. What I mean is, could sticking to the same manufacturer make eARC and CEC work the most reliably (especially since CEC isn't a global standard). With my TV now and my Marantz SR7011 I can never get ARC to work reliably. I hear sound and then it cuts out every 15 seconds or so, for about 3 seconds, and then it's back. Rinse and repeat.

Thank you all for your consideration.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
There are no guarantees. While eARC was supposed to free folks from having to use HDMI-CEC when using eARC, that doesn't mean a particular manufacturer doesn't require HDMI-CEC to be active in the TV and also on the receiving end when using eARC.

Many of the audio output glitches involving TVs featuring eARC and receivers that only support ARC come down to settings. Some TVs can re encode signals that exceed the bandwidth limits of ARC when connected to receivers that only support ARC. This can result in different issues using different combinations of components.

Whenever a device supporting HDMI 2.1 is introduced into a system, it is wise to replace ALL of the cables with Ultra Certified(48Gbps) HDMI cables so that the devices communicate there own capabilities and limitations to each other rather than have the cables do so based on their own limitations. Many still use High speed cables with newer systems because they seem to work but don't realize that cables supporting ethernet are required when eARC enters the arena and that video output will be limited by the bandwidth of High Speed cables vs Premium Certified and Ultra Certified cables.

It is not just helpful, but essential that folks having any issues with their systems post ALL of the details of their system. Information concerning the makes, models and the settings of each and every device are required for anybody trying to get to the root of the problem.

Txzick

Txzick

Enthusiast
Hello to all!

I'm close to purchasing an STR-AZ5000ES and I am pondering if using the Sony AVR will work "best" with my 2022 A95K television. What I mean is, could sticking to the same manufacturer make eARC and CEC work the most reliably (especially since CEC isn't a global standard). With my TV now and my Marantz SR7011 I can never get ARC to work reliably. I hear sound and then it cuts out every 15 seconds or so, for about 3 seconds, and then it's back. Rinse and repeat.

Thank you all for your consideration.
Yes
According to Sony website 2021 and newer, ours is 2020 X900H
Pls double check me on that.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
LOL thanks for the laugh.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis