Hard time deciding between two receivers

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Thats not better by any means, seems to be copy of the original HKs with JBL badge. Just like Lexus/Toyota. Assume now Lexus has become the Toyota.

You get far better gear in the States, especially you guys are spoilt for choices with the variety of amps available today.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
Odd analogy for branding. Toyota created their Lexus division. Harman Kardon was a brand on its own at one point, as was JBL.....they later came under the same umbrella and the brands added to/changed product lines both. It is a murky thing as to what they have each brand doing to an extent, altho JBL's history is largely simply speakers....not electronics even tho they're now starting to brand such, as well as their portable and automotive stuff. HK branding I think has been odd, especially as the main corporate identity having the Harman name in it and all. Both HK and JBL product lines have changed....a lot. JBL seems to be keeping up some of the speaker history, not so much with the consumer speakers, but still with pro/theater stuff. HK just seems lost as a brand.....

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Toyota created their Lexus division.
Created as a separate division not attached to Toyota. In fact Toyota dealerships that were given the franchise had to build or Supply a totally separate showroom.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Created as a separate division not attached to Toyota. In fact Toyota dealerships that were given the franchise had to build or Supply a totally separate showroom.
Still totally under Toyota control.....just a brand really (altho some separation from the rest of the conglomerate could have advantages depending....)

pcosmic

pcosmic

Senior Audioholic
@AcuDefTechGuy @Gmoney

That display speakers NS 5000 just took my attention, I wish I could afford them.
Those mighty speakers might be paired to a yamaha stereo amp. They have their own towers, bookshelves. I've never seen such a store for Denon only.

I keep looking at those whenever I pass by the Yamaha's exclusive store, & yes Aventage A2A will be out shortly in Jan or February 2021 , thats what the dealer told me.

Ever heard of the Yam NS-F901? I think i wrote some stuff about it on a different thread before. You can typically get it for between 3k to 4k a pair (sounds wonderful and does not cost as much as the NS5000 @ 15k/pair).
https://www.adorama.com/yansf901pn.html?origterm=ns-f901&searchredirect=true
20201228_184702.jpg

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Not at all separate. Parts were still stamped Toyota. Japan didn't even sell a Toyota with the Lexus badge until the 2000’s in their own country. Same goes for Honda and Nissan. Honda, Nissan and Toyota wanted to compete in the US luxury car market in the 80’s and came up with the names and the rest is history. They’re all the same underneath and I don’t care if I ever work on any of them again. It got boring, lol. Sorry, we now return to your regularly scheduled program.:p

pcosmic

pcosmic

Senior Audioholic
Not at all separate. Parts were still stamped Toyota. Japan didn't even sell a Toyota with the Lexus badge until the 2000’s in their own country. Same goes for Honda and Nissan. Honda, Nissan and Toyota wanted to compete in the US luxury car market in the 80’s and came up with the names and the rest is history. They’re all the same underneath and I don’t care if I ever work on any of them again. It got boring, lol. Sorry, we now return to your regularly scheduled program.:p
The Prius hybrid is still one of the best buys for the average commuter in the US (i.e, until stuff like Tesla becomes more mainstream). Priced at 23k ish...58 miles/gallon...10 years of gas savings alone would make it a 11k car if ya ran the numbers. They are not all the same under the hood. You ever opened up a Prius?? It is still perhaps one of the most technologically advanced cars running around.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
The Prius hybrid is still one of the best buys for the average commuter in the US (i.e, until stuff like Tesla becomes more mainstream). Priced at 23k ish...58 miles/gallon...10 years of gas savings alone would make it a 11k car if ya ran the numbers. They are not all the same under the hood. You ever opened up a Prius?? It is still perhaps one of the most technologically advanced cars running around.
Yes, I have opened up a Prius. Not here to argue about cars. Prius is a perfectly respectable and fugly car. Teslas are overpriced and have a lot to learn about fit and finish. Elon needs to snort less of those white lines and pay more attention to those assembly lines. As for receivers, the Sony STR DN-1080 is a perfectly respectable 2017 AVR. The 2019 Darantz, I mean Menon receivers are fine. Wouldn’t really promote anybody’s 2020 model. I’m personally quite happy with my 2019 Ponkyo, I mean Onkyioneer, oh f#%k it, everybody just get what you want and enjoy it. Be well you handsome devils.;)

pcosmic

pcosmic

Senior Audioholic
Yes, I have opened up a Prius. Not here to argue about cars. Prius is a perfectly respectable and fugly car. Teslas are overpriced and have a lot to learn about fit and finish. Elon needs to snort less of those white lines and pay more attention to those assembly lines. As for receivers, the Sony STR DN-1080 is a perfectly respectable 2017 AVR. The 2019 Darantz, I mean Menon receivers are fine. Wouldn’t really promote anybody’s 2020 model. I’m personally quite happy with my 2019 Ponkyo, I mean Onkyioneer, oh f#%k it, everybody just get what you want and enjoy it. Be well you handsome devils.;)
What exactly is fugly about this car man? Recalling my years at Boeing/Raytheon/Honeywell, i can tell you one thing...we all learnt a thing or two from Toyota (ever heard of Six Sigma?)....Anyways, speaking of billionaires snorting white lines, can you name another billionaire engineer dedicated enough to personally work the front line 20 hrs/day in a manufacturing plant and sleep 4 hours on a bench? Thanks to the franchise mafia, HE IS RESTRICTED FROM SELLING A 100% MADE IN AMERICA CAR IN 16 FCKING AMERICAN STATES!! But, you can buy a Kia in these states. "America First" eh?

Ever wonder if that other lard ass, low IQ, adderall snorting bankruptcy billionaire (that lazy golfin cretin) sitting in the white house is dedicated enough to work 20 hrs/day and sleep on a bench? Ah yes,,,, i hear he's the big freeloadin trailer park's ultimate fking pride indeed...oh yeah baby! oh yeah!

2019-toyota-prius_100682787_h.jpg

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
Dealer mentioned anything about the A8?
I've never seen a Yamaha store here in the States. There are audio/video store's but Privately owned and priced waaay to high. They can't compete with Bestbuy or internet
Nope he didn't say anything about A8 aventage, but he did say that the A2 will be out by Jan - Feb.

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
Ever heard of the Yam NS-F901? I think i wrote some stuff about it on a different thread before. You can typically get it for between 3k to 4k a pair (sounds wonderful and does not cost as much as the NS5000 @ 15k/pair).
https://www.adorama.com/yansf901pn.html?origterm=ns-f901&searchredirect=true
View attachment 43113
I might have seen them in the store with the grills on them. Someday, I might get them. Seems like yamaha AVRs can actually drive these big arse speakers.

NS 5000 should be the champs tho.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
What exactly is fugly about this car man? Recalling my years at Boeing/Raytheon/Honeywell, i can tell you one thing...we all learnt a thing or two from Toyota (ever heard of Six Sigma?)....Anyways, speaking of billionaires snorting white lines, can you name another billionaire engineer dedicated enough to personally work the front line 20 hrs/day in a manufacturing plant and sleep 4 hours on a bench? Thanks to the franchise mafia, HE IS RESTRICTED FROM SELLING A 100% MADE IN AMERICA CAR IN 16 FCKING AMERICAN STATES!! But, you can buy a Kia in these states. "America First" eh?

Ever wonder if that other lard ass, low IQ, adderall snorting bankruptcy billionaire (that lazy golfin cretin) sitting in the white house is dedicated enough to work 20 hrs/day and sleep on a bench? Ah yes,,,, i hear he's the big freeloadin trailer park's ultimate fking pride indeed...oh yeah baby! oh yeah!

View attachment 43121
Can we stop with the fanboy crap. If he’s up 20 hours a day he ain’t doin’ it on sheer willpower. Tesla bought the f#%kin’ turn signal levers from Mercedes Benz so let’s not start with the 100% USA crap. Don’t get me started on the line snorter in the white house or the one in California’s Governor’s mansion. Can we stop worshipping arrogant and greedy assholes and start supporting the hard working people that got them all where they are today? Again, the Prius is a fine car but it will never be voted the best looking car of ANY year. It also isn’t the ugliest. That trophy will be forever held by the Pontiac Aztec. You guys might be voted the finest looking bunch in any forum though.;)

C

cafez

Junior Audioholic
So little more back to its thread topic, guys what you think about Yamaha RX-V6A vs lets say Denon 2700h.
My main thing is watching movies.
Sachb and mazersteven have given their opinion on this, but I wanna hear other people opinions also. So how would they compare when it comes to MOVIES (5.1 channel)!

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
So little more back to its thread topic, guys what you think about Yamaha RX-V6A vs lets say Denon 2700h.
My main thing is watching movies.
Sachb and mazersteven have given their opinion on this, but I wanna hear other people opinions also. So how would they compare when it comes to MOVIES (5.1 channel)!
Personally I don’t see a need to separate HT from music. I like the, one system to rule them all philosophy.
I’ve owned them all, and while Yamahas can sound great, I loathe all their proprietary language and sound modes. Great sound, confusing navigation. Ypao isn’t great either. Always like Onkyo, except after they ditched Audyssey I haven’t spent much time with them, but accueq hasn’t been well received and is meh. Pioneer has a weird menu structure, and mcacc isn’t my favorite, but I like that it offers presets for mcacc. Nice for customization. Main system uses a Marantz and its been great, but definitely different than the others while still easy to use. That system has 3 subs and I use audyssey and a minidsp so it’s a little complicated.
Every single brand I’ve owned, or setup for someone else has given me good results, although what makes them sound different is the room correction software, and how it treats the room/EQ. Also, third party measurements can be helpful to illustrate power delivery. I’ve had receivers that were rated only 10wpc differently, but real world performance was definitely different. Mostly at mid to higher volumes though.

Imo, the best thing you can do is to try and get your hands on each, and run through the menus and see if you can tolerate using them. Even better is if you can try different sound modes and such and see if you like certain things, like dynamic eq or Yamaha sound modes etc. doesn’t matter what each one can do if you hate picking up the remote to navigate the system.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
I see Sachb is still a frustrated little wittless twat. What gives?

Admins, I seem to remember some of you saying that going on a "keyboard happy 'dumb? spree" is not welcome... Was that the old AH, before people who know nothing could give advice to others?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis