Hard time deciding between two receivers

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
So little more back to its thread topic, guys what you think about Yamaha RX-V6A vs lets say Denon 2700h.
My main thing is watching movies.
Sachb and mazersteven have given their opinion on this, but I wanna hear other people opinions also. So how would they compare when it comes to MOVIES (5.1 channel)!
What Sachb gave you barely qualifies for an opinion. That's whining of a spoiled brat.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Whats your opinion on Yamaha V6A btw.
Haven't had the chance to fiddle around with it. Unfortunatelly, it really didn't do good on ASR and I tend to believe what those guys write.

Some justified critique overthere. You can read and see what you think.

Also, no matter how much I really like the looks and the promises, few members here ran into trouble with it and most are waiting for some news on Yamaha setting it straight.

I would, with much easier heart, recommend older models of Yamaha if you really had a change of mind. Just don't expect extra bass in direct mode! ;) Yamaha is a decent company and does not do extra bass in direct mode.

There are many out there to choose from, don't get lost. See if you can audition any of them, meaning if the stores have a listening/viewing room where you can have a first hand experience.

If you allow me, I would really go for the 3700 if I'd had a budget that could strecth that far and I wouldn't look back.

pcosmic

pcosmic

Senior Audioholic
Can we stop with the fanboy crap. If he’s up 20 hours a day he ain’t doin’ it on sheer willpower. Tesla bought the f#%kin’ turn signal levers from Mercedes Benz so let’s not start with the 100% USA crap. Don’t get me started on the line snorter in the white house or the one in California’s Governor’s mansion. Can we stop worshipping arrogant and greedy assholes and start supporting the hard working people that got them all where they are today? Again, the Prius is a fine car but it will never be voted the best looking car of ANY year. It also isn’t the ugliest. That trophy will be forever held by the Pontiac Aztec. You guys might be voted the finest looking bunch in any forum though.;)
Forgot for a minute that you (remembering one of you earlier posts) were one one the adderall snorter's flatearth. fanboyz. And it looks like you may know nothing at all about this topic (automotive or engg) except hiitin that pedal fast.. So, we'll leave it here. Long live the deadweight conservative trailer park. Lol gnite boyz

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
@cafez

Denon X2700H Graphical User Interface (GUI)
Source
Denon X2700H GUI.jpg

Denon App (Denon 2016 AVR remote + HEOS) You'll need both the apps to do things like controlling AVR, Streaming from online
Denon 2016 AVR remote: Denon 2016 AVR remote
HEOS: HEOS

Connectivity (Back Panel) :

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Yamaha RX-V6A Graphical User Interface (GUI)
Source
Yamaha RX-V6A.jpg

Yamaha RX-V6A
Yamaha Apps (Yamaha AVR controller + Musicast) You'll need both the apps to do things like controlling AVR, Streaming from online
Yamaha AV controller: Yamaha AV controller
MusiCast Controller: MusicCast Controller

Connectivity (Back Panel):

What Denon has that Yamaha doesn't have: Analog inputs, which is used for connecting some really old devices such as a Dvd player with no HDMI port, Playstation 2 or older, VCR, etc.

What Yamaha has that Denon doesn't have: Pre-outs for front Left & Right speaker, this is used for the external amp, to take the load off the receiver.

Both of them do give you an option for more bass: On Yamaha as you can see, it's called "Extra Bass", on Denon you'll have to change the configuration to LFE + Main.
Tbh, Yamaha does a much better job than Denon for handling more bass, Denon will make it muddy.

Last edited:
C

cafez

Junior Audioholic
Oke, finally ordered the receiver, tomorrow will go pick it up. Can anyone guess what receiver I went with ;)

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
@cafez

Denon X2700H Graphical User Interface (GUI)
Source
View attachment 43123

Denon App (Denon 2016 AVR remote + HEOS) You'll need both the apps to do things like controlling AVR, Streaming from online
Denon 2016 AVR remote: Denon 2016 AVR remote
HEOS: HEOS

Connectivity (Back Panel) :

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Yamaha RX-V6A Graphical User Interface (GUI)
Source
View attachment 43124

Yamaha RX-V6A
Yamaha Apps (Yamaha AVR controller + Musicast) You'll need both the apps to do things like controlling AVR, Streaming from online
Yamaha AV controller: Yamaha AV controller
MusiCast Controller: MusicCast Controller

Connectivity (Back Panel):

What Denon has that Yamaha doesn't have: Analog inputs, which is used for connecting some really old devices such as a Dvd player with no HDMI port, Playstation 2 or older, VCR, etc.

What Yamaha has that Denon doesn't have: Pre-outs for front Left & Right speaker, this is used for the external amp, to take the load off the receiver.

Both of them do give you an option for more bass: On Yamaha as you can see, it's called "Extra Bass", on Denon you'll have to change the configuration to LFE + Main.
Tbh, Yamaha does a much better job than Denon for handling more bass, Denon will make it muddy.
You miserable piece of poop, truck off and stay the truck off!

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Oke, finally ordered the receiver, tomorrow will go pick it up. Can anyone guess what receiver I went with ;)
Starts with a D?!?!?!

Also, just to something above. You can definitely stream to the denon without the HEOS app via AirPlay.

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
Wow, First mail I got today said sorry but we are out of stock for this model (2700h). Maybe it was fate that I wasn' t supposed to get that one lol (Said if ok we can order it, will take 2-4 weeks).
I think you bought X2600H, since you said that X2700H was out of stock if I remember correctly.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

C

cafez

Junior Audioholic
I think you bought X2600H, since you said that X2700H was out of stock if I remember correctly.

I said my wallet wasnt too happy. 2600h wouldve been the cheapest.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
So little more back to its thread topic, guys what you think about Yamaha RX-V6A vs lets say Denon 2700h.
My main thing is watching movies.
Sachb and mazersteven have given their opinion on this, but I wanna hear other people opinions also. So how would they compare when it comes to MOVIES (5.1 channel)!
The Yamaha has issues. They aren't just rumors. You may get lucky but there are few trouble free units out there. I've returned a TSR-700(Costco twin) and Yamaha sent me an RX-V6A. It had issues and the firmware update helped to steady it but it still has a few little bugs. Yamaha has yet to activate Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization and the HDMI 2.1 features are still on hold as well. If you care about music streaming, you must use Yamaha's MusicCast app for streaming services. To clarify, you can Airplay music to it from a smart device as a selected speaker. You cannot use the included remote control to select streaming services and play them. You must use the MusicCast app. Enjoy whatever you chose to purchase and have fun.

Last edited:
mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Oh no don't open up a Can of Worms with the Costco twin. The OP will be researching cancelling his order again. Now you did it

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
Well, in the end I got the 3700h :)
But the remote won't help you in the dark while watching movies. It's same remote as my X2300W, can't believe Denon hasn't changed their remote design for so many years.

As far as I know it doesn't have backlit like the Yamaha Aventage, ya but even V6A which I suggested doesn't have so its ok.

Aventage has a backlit tho. See the pic.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis