Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
This should be good for you then...
There's just something unnatural about that watch. Maybe it's that it has three balls.

What? I mean because watches normally only have one or two. Why did you have to make it dirty?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
A quick credit union story, some of which I've told before...
  • My debit card had been deactivated because I wasn't using it. I found this out because I tried to use it. :rolleyes:
  • I called my credit union four weeks ago to get it reactivated. They couldn't do that because it had expired, but they'd send me out a new one in (I thought she said) 7-10 days. This took about 20 minutes to work through, mostly on hold, but the woman on the phone was very clear that I was getting a new one sent to me.
  • I was going to call and check on it, as it had been longer than that, but then I got inspired to do it after receiving a note in the mail on Saturday that my community mailbox had been recently vandalized and to contact people if I had been expecting a credit card. Sweet.
  • I checked my account, and there wasn't any unusual activity. So, I called this morning. Fast forward another 20ish minutes, and they never sent me a new card because they can't. I have to apply online for one.
So, I applied online and am anticipating being told in a month that I need to come into the credit union to apply for one. :rolleyes: :D

Well, at least I know that it wasn't stolen. :)

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
My wife bought herself a new iPad this week. Conveniently, it cost exactly the same amount as I received for a watch I sold last week. Hmmm....
Sold a watch??? Why?:D

My Grandfathers Elgin isn't working properly... It runs very fast. I only wear it on x-mas eve and x-mas day. Last year it was fine... Oh well, guess I need to find a good place to get it fixed.:(

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Got this from my wife and kids. Either it is possessed, or my house is haunted. I woke up to a funny noise in the middle of the night but thought maybe I was dreaming. It sounded like the car moving. This morning, the car was not in the same place I left it, but the power is switched off :eek:

It was just the mice. They appreciate the new wheels.

I raked my rock front yard this morning.
That sounds dangerous.

A quick credit union story, some of which I've told before...
  • My debit card had been deactivated because I wasn't using it. I found this out because I tried to use it. :rolleyes:
  • I called my credit union four weeks ago to get it reactivated. They couldn't do that because it had expired, but they'd send me out a new one in (I thought she said) 7-10 days. This took about 20 minutes to work through, mostly on hold, but the woman on the phone was very clear that I was getting a new one sent to me.
  • I was going to call and check on it, as it had been longer than that, but then I got inspired to do it after receiving a note in the mail on Saturday that my community mailbox had been recently vandalized and to contact people if I had been expecting a credit card. Sweet.
  • I checked my account, and there wasn't any unusual activity. So, I called this morning. Fast forward another 20ish minutes, and they never sent me a new card because they can't. I have to apply online for one.
So, I applied online and am anticipating being told in a month that I need to come into the credit union to apply for one. :rolleyes: :D

Well, at least I know that it wasn't stolen. :)
My bank likes to deactivate my debit card and send me new ones all the time. I have bills tied to the number so I wish they'd stop.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Speaking of watches. I haven't worn one in years, but my parents got me one for Christmas and I like it. It's giving me fancy taste. Now I want better.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Speaking of watches. I haven't worn one in years, but my parents got me one for Christmas and I like it. It's giving me fancy taste. Now I want better.
Yea, I know it works for everything - once you get a taste of the "good stuff" its hard to come back to mediocre... applies to audio as well :rolleyes: (just ask ADTG:D)

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Yea, I know it works for everything - once you get a taste of the "good stuff" its hard to come back to mediocre... applies to audio as well :rolleyes: (just ask ADTG:D)
ADTG is still buying his speakers though. :D Of course I'm still building mine.

Had some nice wine over the holidays too. I'm starting to refine as a man. What are some other good things I must adopt?

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
ADTG is still buying his speakers though. :D Of course I'm still building mine.

Had some nice wine over the holidays too. I'm starting to refine as a man. What are some other good things I must adopt?
only very recently I adopted and embraced brown booze :D From this point one I don't drink anything but it - aka Bourbon, Whiskey and Scotch...

Trying to keep myself on $50 or less per bottle with Glenfiddich 18 is the most expensive bottle i bought so far :D

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
only very recently I adopted and embraced brown booze :D From this point one I don't drink anything but it - aka Bourbon, Whiskey and Scotch...

Trying to keep myself on $50 or less per bottle with Glenfiddich 18 is the most expensive bottle i bought so far :D
I was at a party recently where a guy was giving out 200 dollar samples of something, but I was the designated driver. :rolleyes:

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
much much better thx
Personally I don't like these strange "angled" keyboards.......

But the stuff you're referring to is this Wrist Cushion, I remember I had something like this ages ago and I really liked it :D

Thx for the tips mate !!!!
basically yes, but The one with cloth and beads works and feels much better than cheap gel stuff, thou it needs a wash (with regular laundry) once in a while

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Just bought Despicable Me on blu-ray/DVD from Amazon for $10. I enjoyed the movie.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
After putting it off for two or three days, I finally got around to mopping the floor today. I certainly won't be winning any medals at the Olympics, but I'm quite happy it's cleaner.

As for the grout, the most effective thing that I've found so far is probably the first that I tried years ago...Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. I just hope to find something faster and more effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis