Yamaha AVENTAGE 2021 AV Receivers Bulk Up on Power and 8K Features

C

chapp

Audioholic
It is good to have several choices as we all are not the same and our choice will be different. So Auro 3D, DTS, Dolby and plain Stereo or even Mono gives us that.

G

Golfx

Full Audioholic
What settings do you prefer for Auro? On the A8A you can choose small/medium/large/movie/speech and strength 0-15.
Sorry I didn’t see this earlier. Everything is medium as well as strength. I can adjust on the fly and seem to find that fits best.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

diablo676

diablo676

Junior Audioholic
I ran some tests on various inputs to see what effect each of the main sound processing settings did. I ran these with the fronts and centre turned off so I could hear more clearly.

A8A sound formats test.png

Maybe someone knows what is supposed to happen in each of them? I can't seem to find that info anywhere. :)

As you can see, the update did not fix garbled dialogue in the surrounds in 2.0 Dolby.

Padinn

Padinn

Junior Audioholic
I remember reading on another forum YPAO multipoint was bugged, but I am not sure if that was accurate. Has anyone tried recalibrating since 1.59 released?

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
I did a calibration but only using one position. The results were exactly the same in that case.

diablo676

diablo676

Junior Audioholic
I remember reading on another forum YPAO multipoint was bugged, but I am not sure if that was accurate. Has anyone tried recalibrating since 1.59 released?
I ran YPAO last night with the 1.59. Was all good.

Though I only take three point measures normally. I recall people who took more than 3 measures before going on to the direction/height routine having problems.

clone1008

clone1008

Full Audioholic
I haven't rerun YPAO yet but the update did not fix the Web editor PEQ bug.

Padinn

Padinn

Junior Audioholic
I ran YPAO last night with the 1.59. Was all good.

Though I only take three point measures normally. I recall people who took more than 3 measures before going on to the direction/height routine having problems.
How do you do a 3 point measurement? Just cancel after 3?

J

jakkedtide

Audioholic
Anyone try using auro 3d for older movies that are dts or 5.1/7.1?

I did my update this morning but don't have time to play around with it due to work for a while

VASKION

VASKION

Audioholic
Did anyone find a way to add more than 200 items in currently played queue/playlist?

Edit: Just found an interesting thing with these big playlist. If I paly a song from a bigger playlist (1000+ items) the AVR shows 200 songs along the one that is playing in the current queue. So when the shuffle moves to another song or outside the first 200 items it loads some other next 200 items along the current played song. So, it turns out that it actually is able to play bigger playlist just does not show all items into the queue.

Last edited:
M

mtangh

Audiophyte
Anybody here using power block like supra lorad or titan nyx instead of the normal power extension. Just wondering any difference?

J

jakkedtide

Audioholic
Auro 3d sounds sooooo good for music. I like it more than Dsu and neural x. Very natural and wide. Dsu is almost the same as straight where neural x is a bit too aggressive. Anyone else experiment with auro 3d on their A8A?

I tried auro 3d in a movie over the atmos track, I can't say it's any better or worse. Very hard to compare. Anyone try it for movies?

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
Auro 3d sounds sooooo good for music. I like it more than Dsu and neural x. Very natural and wide. Dsu is almost the same as straight where neural x is a bit too aggressive. Anyone else experiment with auro 3d on their A8A?

I tried auro 3d in a movie over the atmos track, I can't say it's any better or worse. Very hard to compare. Anyone try it for movies?
For pure Atmos track dolby sounds better to me. No need to upmix an already complex mix. But for stereo music, I 100% agree, Auro 3D is the best up mixer.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
For pure Atmos track dolby sounds better to me. No need to upmix an already complex mix. But for stereo music, I 100% agree, Auro 3D is the best up mixer.
My thoughts too. I can’t imagine taking an object based soundtrack and converting it to channel based playback. Some soundtracks could possibly benefit if they’re not very good in the first place, but imo taking something like the track for Fury, ready player one, or Mad max fury road(also insert dozens of other great ones) would be a step down.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord

What movie did you try?

M

mtangh

Audiophyte
Try the AI on pure atmos track dolby. It will sound better. For me AI is doing the same as auro 3d for more movie tracks like adding more output to the height speakers. You can see this in the CH output display.
For music if you prefer clean and clarity sound, direct mode is still the best for me. However if you prefer surround sound music then auro 3d or AI surround will be excellent choice

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis