Yamaha AVENTAGE 2021 AV Receivers Bulk Up on Power and 8K Features

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Wow. Gamer-Mike. :D
I'm just gonna follow them around in the games, like stand next to their Avatar. Kick them in their leg's. :D I read this article about this woman's Avatar was getting groped online. Article went on saying she felt violated.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Never played any Final Fantasy, but I have a lot of coworkers that love the franchise
I just picking at ya bro.;):) That's a old one, my oldest Son has two PS2 units and all of the Final Fantasy's. Plus umm two PS4's and two PS5's. My youngest Son has one PS5, 3 PS4's, one PS4 pro. His children ages from 10 on down to 6 each have a PS4. So yeah between my two Sons ages, 35 and 43, plus the grandkids 100's of games. Plus the grandkids each have a 10" tablet. Crazy I tell ya!

J

jakkedtide

Audioholic
Just wondering for movies on the Yamaha, what is most people using straight, surround decoder? Dsu? Neural x?

I have mine set to surround decoder - auto.

I only change it for when I listen to music,which I switch it up between straight, Dsu, auro 3d and sometimes pure direct. Pure direct is nice when you don't want the sub to be engaged.

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
Just wondering for movies on the Yamaha, what is most people using straight, surround decoder? Dsu? Neural x?

I only change it for when I listen to music,which I switch it up between straight, Dsu, auro 3d and sometimes pure direct. Pure direct is nice when you don't want the sub to be engaged.
You have a wonderful piece of AV equipment so I would just play around with all settings and find out what sounds best to you. Don't limit yourself to Auto.

J

jakkedtide

Audioholic
You have a wonderful piece of AV equipment so I would just play around with all settings and find out what sounds best to you. Don't limit yourself to Auto.
I agree. I like trying stuff out. It's always nice to know what other people who have a ton of money invested are doing. This is what makes this forum awesome. I love my A8A. I am blown away every time I listen to it. Bad movies with good sound are still good lol

E

ED1000

Audiophyte
Very interesting remarks about the Impedance. i will certainly make sure to stay with the 8 ohm setting.
can you explain if I will be able to connect both two front speakers and the center speaker as 4 ohm rated ones? I am interested in a Dali Rubicon configuration (two front and one center) and since the Yamaha manual states that 4 ohm connection is possible on front speakers I am not sure if they meant also that center speaker can be 4 ohm.

thanks.
Hello,
the above post was written concerning the review of the RXA-6A of Yamaha. can someone reply or let me know how can I tag the pos author so he can take a look? I hope I posted that on the correct thread.

can someone assist here? thanks.

C

chapp

Audioholic

It all depends on the material coming in and how it was mixed. Some movies in their native formats sound quite good and may not sound any better with up mixing. However, some do need the up mixing to sound better. Most of my DTSHDMA 5.1 or 7.1, I up mix to Neural X, but since the A8A now has Auro 3D, I up mix to the Auro. The Dolby Atmos that sounds very weak I usually set to PCM and up mix. DSU or I may try Auro. It is a trial and deciding game that only you can judge for yourself. Music is a similar scenario, try various settings. I enjoy up mixing the Stereo and Mono music and have been doing it since the days of Pro Logic. Good luck and have fun.

J

jakkedtide

Audioholic
It all depends on the material coming in and how it was mixed. Some movies in their native formats sound quite good and may not sound any better with up mixing. However, some do need the up mixing to sound better. Most of my DTSHDMA 5.1 or 7.1, I up mix to Neural X, but since the A8A now has Auro 3D, I up mix to the Auro. The Dolby Atmos that sounds very weak I usually set to PCM and up mix. DSU or I may try Auro. It is a trial and deciding game that only you can judge for yourself. Music is a similar scenario, try various settings. I enjoy up mixing the Stereo and Mono music and have been doing it since the days of Pro Logic. Good luck and have fun.
I totally agree with you! It's a bunch of try it all and see what you like the best.

E

ED1000

Audiophyte
Not sure you're going to get much help by calling Gene a POS.
Indeed.... I am new to this site so trying to figure out how to handle comments. I am used to being able to post comments on similar sites directly below the original article (hope this is a better name :). so after posting my question this was written in this long thread which includes so many other topics we well....
So if you have a suggestion how to continue please let me know - thanks and sorry for the "post"...

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Indeed.... I am new to this site so trying to figure out how to handle comments. I am used to being able to post comments on similar sites directly below the original article (hope this is a better name :). so after posting my question this was written in this long thread which includes so many other topics we well....
So if you have a suggestion how to continue please let me know - thanks and sorry for the "post"...
Inbox Gene,

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis