Surround repair ? Mystery speakers

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
They were $8 or so in Habitat .
Someone tried to fix them but it looks like with an elastic type glue or something any super glue ?
Woofer are fine other two drivers need repair surround we’re
That is mobile enough to repair these.
Not sure if refoamed is worth it as I cannot afford it or new drivers right now
[
IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191017/b4247157c417082236d3c336d51c96ae.jpg[/IMG]

Ultimate bass lover !! si ht15 dvc.
Free the reptile aliens

Last edited:
William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
ESPECIALLY since you can’t afford it. No... no no no.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
any ideas what these speaker are ?

So it’s not fixable without re surrounding it ? Would new drivers just be cheaper ?? Cannot just fix surrounds with glue ? And flexible meterial

Free the reptile aliens

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
The woofers sound good enough not a lost cause . If you think the mid and tweeter look shot I can wait until I can afford replacement drivers but I they just need re - surrounded.

Found as in past tense , I been stuck with them bought them a while back on accident. Only one driver I could fix the other two need re surrounded .
This is the speaker that still needs repair , any specific type of glue to buy for repair ? Worn down surrounds?

I had flexible loctite super glue but I was Low-and lost it so I’m not sure what it was called , some sort of gel ?

Normal super glue will not work . Clearly
Free the reptile aliens

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
any idea what brand produced these or what drivers are closest ? Type of foam

Guess I’ll wait til I get a job , refoaming would work better then new drivers . Since crossover won’t need fixed which is something I haven’t learned yet . X over are complex

Free the reptile aliens

Last edited:
WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai
You can’t re-foam those speakers. I’ve never seen a surround kit for anything smaller than 6” or so.

These speakers are nothing special – I’d replace the bad drivers with the cheapest things you find. They will certainly sound better than they do now (pun intended).

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
great-stuff-spray-foam-insulation-99053937-64_1000.jpg

You know, when they said "refoam your speakers" I don't Think that was what they meant...

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I’m guessing they’re some old Miller and Kreisels from the U.K. Very old looking. I would just try and sell them. Maybe habitat will
Do a refund?

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
I’m guessing they’re some old Miller and Kreisels from the U.K. Very old looking. I would just try and sell them. Maybe habitat will
Do a refund?
I couldn’t find the receipt no idea who lancer mk 12 is the bass is nice but it looks as if the other two drivers need replaced . I don’t think it’s worth checking the Crossover if the woofer is plenty loud?
Ok I see m &k is Miller and Kreisels
Thanks

Free the reptile aliens

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You can’t re-foam those speakers. I’ve never seen a surround kit for anything smaller than 6” or so.

These speakers are nothing special – I’d replace the bad drivers with the cheapest things you find. They will certainly sound better than they do now (pun intended).

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt
Some out there but wasn't thinking about his pics particularly, more about a proper kit with appropriate glue....but here's a 5" https://www.midwestspeakerrepair.com/shop/speaker-repair-kits/refoam-kits-by-brand/jbl-1-specialty-refoam-kits/5-1-jbl-1-specialty-refoam-kits/jbl-305g-5-inch-mid-refoam-kit-f4-10/

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Do a refund?
If it is m& k it’s a speaker so old no info online?
Google yielded no results or any help .

Free the reptile aliens

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
What the..? :oops:
These speakers are aliens cannot find who made them ?? Maybe they ?? What

Not from this planet any help?? Identifying them
Free the reptile aliens

Last edited:
Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
What would you do think crossover needs any repairs too ? I don’t know how to do that stuff and have no soldiering iron or skills for that .

Free the reptile aliens

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
What would you do think crossover needs any repairs too ? I don’t know how to do that stuff and have no soldiering iron or skills for that .
Then there is nothing you could do for them.

If a visual inspection shows no burn marks, bulging or blown capacitors, then you'd need a multimeter to measure each part of the crossover network to see if it's in spec.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Then there is nothing you could do for them.

If a visual inspection shows no burn marks, bulging or blown capacitors, then you'd need a multimeter to measure each part of the crossover network to see if it's in spec.
Ok maybe any guides on here for checking crossovers ? What’s. Millimeter cost? Do you think refoaming them will be more effective then buying new better drivers sometime? Or they not worth the money for anything but refoaming?

It’s also possible nothing is wrong with x over they sound good . Cannot run them until surrounds are redone .

Free the reptile aliens

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai

How would you suggest removing this white stuff form surrounds ? Some sort of glue ?
And what could you use as surrounds if you cannot find replacement for the driver sizes?
Could the edges of plastic or paper plates be flexible enough ? Could buy new better drivers at some point if I had a temporary fix .
Might take some modifications to even re surround them as rough as these are .
Could these basic paper drivers really sound good if re surrounded?

Free the reptile aliens

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I'd probably take those drivers out back and put them out of their misery...

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
I'd probably take those drivers out back and put them out of their misery...
Even if they are repairable it’s going to be a big effort for really no results ? Better off wasting gel super glue fixing them or saving for new drivers haha are they worth expensive glue haha
I already knicked the mid slightly trying to cut this hard stuff off .so it will need repaired

Free the reptile aliens

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis