Center channel struggle?? Help

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
I mean did you level match it with an spl meter. When you say “matched pretty well”, that makes me think it was done by ear.
What’s a cheap reliable spl meter or something I can buy ?
Or a microphone for setting preferably free shipping maybe on amazon ?

Ultimate bass lover !! si ht15 dvc.
Free the reptile aliens

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
What’s a cheap reliable spl meter or something I can buy ?

Free the reptile aliens
You can get a free app on your phone. For what you need here, should be fine.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
search in the app store for spl meter or db meter. I'm sure there is more than one free app that will do the job for you

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
I mean did you level match it with an spl meter. When you say “matched pretty well”, that makes me think it was done by ear.
Yeah my hearing must had been off yesterday this center is way louder then my front speakers which I cannot hear much from them .
Is this typical of Dolby pro logic 1?
How do I know which fronts to use with you center if I don’t have matching tweeters ?

Free the reptile aliens

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai

Until I can get matching Sony fronts which pair of these would work better ?
With the center

Free the reptile aliens

R

rgbbhat72

Junior Audioholic
The POLK CS10 is an awesome center that i used for years before turning over to the B&W HTM6.
The speaker, because of its shape, can be placed upside down too and that projects the speaker a bit higher.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
The POLK CS10 is an awesome center that i used for years before turning over to the B&W HTM6.
The speaker, because of its shape, can be placed upside down too and that projects the speaker a bit higher.
If only I could find a cheap klipsch icon or synergy center . Would work much better with my icon bookshelf .
This amp is real clear if I ever see one cheap I’ll buy a second one haha .

Free the reptile aliens

CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
I prefer the “cheap” synergy series than the old reference series. There is a pretty positive review on AH of the old synergy series

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
I prefer the “cheap” synergy series than the old reference series. There is a pretty positive review on AH of the old synergy series
Yeah icon is essentially same As synergy just bestbuy payed klipsch extra to make them look fancier with the badge icon .
Do you have to use timbre matches speakers with the onkyo 818 I feel like it would power my Sony center speaker better .
I could switch my klipsch center with it and use it downstairs. I use my bedroom system much less it has better speakers .
These bookshelves were in my bedroom once as rears .

I have the smaller size towers and the whole set without the klipsch subwoofer .

Free the reptile aliens

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
probably won’t find a klipsch speaker cheaper then that nice find , sadly I cannot afford one right now . Due to shipping costs being a lot .

Wow I thought Icon was discontinued I cannot afford a new speaker but why does amazon have them new ?
Klipsch KC-25 Icon 5-1/4-Inch Center Speaker (Black Ash) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005P29DEW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_5W-SDbWW7KAB5

Free the reptile aliens

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
probably won’t find a klipsch speaker cheaper then that nice find , sadly I cannot afford one right now . Due to shipping costs being a lot .

Wow I thought Icon was discontinued I cannot afford a new speaker but why does amazon have them new ?
Klipsch KC-25 Icon 5-1/4-Inch Center Speaker (Black Ash) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005P29DEW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_5W-SDbWW7KAB5

Free the reptile aliens
I agree, shipping is a little high on that one. My point is that for 60 bucks to the door, you could have one of the speakers you mentioned, and it looks like pretty good deal.
Skipping three or four trips to goodwill and you would be well on your way to saving the money for it. Be patient, and relentless in searching. What you want will come up.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
I agree, shipping is a little high on that one. My point is that for 60 bucks to the door, you could have one of the speakers you mentioned, and it looks like pretty good deal.
Skipping three or four trips to goodwill and you would be well on your way to saving the money for it. Be patient, and relentless in searching. What you want will come up.
Yeah lot cheaper used then new too ... synergies use the same exact materials too .is there’s any difference from icon ? Or just in looks ?
Good deals amp exist if you don’t spend it all on junk .

Free the reptile aliens

CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
Yeah lot cheaper used then new too ... synergies use the same exact materials too .is there’s any difference from icon ? Or just in looks ?
Good deals amp exist if you don’t spend it all on junk .

Free the reptile aliens
As far as I know the difference is only cosmetic. One was done for Best Buy the other was done for Fred’s I think.

C

CoryW

Audioholic

Trying to decide which one voices sound better and clearer on tough choice !!
Any help ?
I may try another speaker don’t know yet !!
Can only set center speaker sideways if I use bookshelf had some trouble with imaging .

Free the reptile aliens
I would say, “ chuck both of the speakers in the garbage, and turn on closed captioning and read out loud”. The imaging will be incredible with no cables needed.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
As far as I know the difference is only cosmetic. One was done for Best Buy the other was done for Fred’s I think.
Yeah figures right Best Buy has fake reference now instead.... same exact drivers as mine and synergy .
I saw Newegg had the synergy with duel 8” woofers cheap I only have the 6.5” towers as I didn’t think the bigger ones could fit in a corolla .

Free the reptile aliens

S

sterling shoote

Audioholic Field Marshall
OP,
Reading these posts is giving me a headache. It's because most of the good advise given is about getting the best outcome from your hodgepodge of components/speakers which do not collectively, in any arrangement, have the capacity to provide a nice surround sound experience. At any rate, if I were you, I'd start fresh. I'd buy an AVR in the highly competitive $500 arena and a pair of book shelf speakers for stereo pleasure, from a speaker brand having sub, center, & surround speakers that sonically match the main stereo speakers, which can be purchased as your budget allows. JBL and Klipsch have very inexpensive high quality speaker lines which will permit this surround sound system building strategy. Now, of course, if you have no income for this expenditure, then, buy used from Craigslist, soliciting someone in your circle of friends who knows something about surround sound systems to preclude you from making a mistake. If you watch Craigslist regularly, I would not be surprised that a very nice name brand system could be purchased for a few hundred dollars.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
OP,
Reading these posts is giving me a headache. It's because most of the good advise given is about getting the best outcome from your hodgepodge of components/speakers which do not collectively, in any arrangement, have the capacity to provide a nice surround sound experience. At any rate, if I were you, I'd start fresh. I'd buy an AVR in the highly competitive $500 arena and a pair of book shelf speakers for stereo pleasure, from a speaker brand having sub, center, & surround speakers that sonically match the main stereo speakers, which can be purchased as your budget allows. JBL and Klipsch have very inexpensive high quality speaker lines which will permit this surround sound system building strategy. Now, of course, if you have no income for this expenditure, then, buy used from Craigslist, soliciting someone in your circle of friends who knows something about surround sound systems to preclude you from making a mistake. If you watch Craigslist regularly, I would not be surprised that a very nice name brand system could be purchased for a few hundred dollars.
Good advice , I definitely overpaid for my bedroom system . Buying klipsch speakers half off Black Friday and onkyo 818 for around $709
How does buying a used amplifier work ? I already have klipsch bookshelves , and a mini sub big enough for this room .

Free the reptile aliens

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
OP,
This amp has only prologic 1 which is a glorified 3 ch stereo the surround do nothing essentially.

Good advice , I definitely overpaid for my bedroom system . Buying klipsch speakers half off Black Friday and onkyo 818 for around $709
Even if I wanted to move my good amp downstairs it’s too large to fit here .
I just have no cable box in my bedroom so I’m stuck using my second best system .

How does buying a used amplifier work ? I already have klipsch bookshelves , and a mini sub big enough for this room .
Not sure if I’ll find anything smaller then this mini shelf system

Free the reptile aliens

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis