Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I want to donate my dishwasher and an unused crib mattress. Turns out, a lot of places specifically mention not accepting dishwashers or mattresses.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Mattresses make sense, but they wouldn't take my waterbed frame either. There's a guy around here who takes old mattresses and redoes them - he hauls for free. That's how I got rid of my son's old one.

racquetman

racquetman

Audioholic Chief
Mattresses make sense, but they wouldn't take my waterbed frame either. There's a guy around here who takes old mattresses and redoes them - he hauls for free. That's how I got rid of my son's old one.
I'm guessing that bed frames and mattresses are off limits to most because of the potential for bedbugs.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'm guessing that bed frames and mattresses are off limits to most because of the potential for bedbugs.
Thing is, bed bugs can be in anything if a house is infected. Clothes, shoes, whatever - and they take that stuff.

I thought that they didn't want mattresses because of bodily fluids. I know, Alex, I know...one man's trash is another man's treasure. :D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
If you took a black light into a hotel, you would probably go blind :eek: If you think the mattress is the only thing you have to worry about....

dkane360

dkane360

Audioholic Field Marshall
Why are people's opinions on headphones so different?

It shouldn't be too hard to find an over the ear headphone for $300, yet reading head-fi for reviews on a particular model is impossible. Everyone's opinion is conflicting, and I have no idea which reviewers to trust. Don't even get me started on base. IT'S NOT BASE, IT'S BASS. AHHHHHHHHH

Ok I'm calm now.

Last edited:
fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Hahaha thats what happens when you have people trying to measure something subjective. The objective measurements only get you so far and then come the subjective listening experiments in which everyone differs. It's really easy to find a good pair of over the ear headphones for ~$300.

Noise canceling or no noise canceling is really the only thing that would probably get me up to that price range because I think there are some good ones for much less than that.

I mean so many have such good base :p

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Thing is, bed bugs can be in anything if a house is infected. Clothes, shoes, whatever - and they take that stuff.
Hope this helps shed a little light:
Clothes, etc are easily cleaned. While furniture & mattresses are prime places for bed bugs to dwell and difficult to clean. The previous owners may have ditched the furniture because of bed bug problems. Most places won't take them because they are so difficult to clean with 100% assurance. It's just not worth the aggravation for charities to deal with.

I've learned this, because I work on a fund raising committee for a group home that had an infestation. We had to load 25 rooms of furniture into a dumpster.
The exterminator explained they hide in any crack or crevice of wood and can't be easily removed and are too susceptible to re-infestation.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I find myself annoyed. I went to order Papa John's, the same order that I've done multiple times before - but now they won't accept it because it's 18 cents short of some minimum order amount that I've never seen before. Wtf? They're charging me $2.50 to deliver it regardless, and I tip a couple of dollars to boot. Why should they care - they should let me order a packet of sauce if I want to.

majorloser

majorloser

If you took a black light into a hotel, you would probably go blind :eek: If you think the mattress is the only thing you have to worry about....
I have made the mistake of bringing a UV light into a hotel room.

Hence, the reason I bought an RV. :)

Just as many stains, but they're mine.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I find myself annoyed. I went to order Papa John's, the same order that I've done multiple times before - but now they won't accept it because it's 18 cents short of some minimum order amount that I've never seen before. Wtf? They're charging me $2.50 to deliver it regardless, and I tip a couple of dollars to boot. Why should they care - they should let me order a packet of sauce if I want to.
Just tell them to charge you the additional $0.18 as the tip.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I order online...I can't actually talk to people. :eek: :eek:

Including tip, I was easily over the amount, but it didn't count.
That sucks. I tip the delivery guys in cash. For some odd reason, my pizza always shows up on time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis