Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
This thread is getting close to a million views. I wonder if the format is set up to display that.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
My New Year's Eve concerns certainly have changed in the past 20 years. From going to bars and hoping to hook up, to strategically timing the dish washer and washing machine to try and block the sound of fireworks from scaring Niki.

On the flip side, I'll have clean dishes and clothes. Plus, I just finished vacuuming the carpet. :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I just did some reading. Turns out, any explosive fireworks (the kind that scare Niki) are illegal in my town. Of course, there's little to nothing that the police can/will do about it unless someone gets hurt.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I just did some reading. Turns out, any explosive fireworks (the kind that scare Niki) are illegal in my town. Of course, there's little to nothing that the police can/will do about it unless someone gets hurt.
But carrying a concealed weapon isn't?:confused:

My sister has a German Shepherd mix, who is the same way as Niki. Having a 90lb dog trying to climb onto your lap isn't very comfortable. So, she gets a sedative from her vet for occasions such as this. However, she finds that as he gets older, the sedative gets less and less effective.:eek:

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Well, I think the near-midnight wall of sound generated by the appliances was effective. Niki didn't seem all that bothered, and she's in a good mood this morning.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
But carrying a concealed weapon isn't?:confused:
Well, it's all about how you use them. :) It's legal to carry a weapon (concealed or open), but it's not like I can just legally start shooting it around town - there has to be a legal reason to do it. Likewise, it's legal to buy and own explosive fireworks, but it's illegal to use them inside the town limits - there are certain places where they can be legally used.

I still think it was an enormously bad decision to allow the purchase of fireworks in Arizona. It's like letting teenagers legally buy alcohol, but then tell them that they can't drink it. Really? There were explosive aerial fireworks all around last night, which is dangerous when you live in a dry tinderbox. Luckily it has been a relatively wet December. I imagine the first wildfire directly linked to fireworks will result in a repeal of that decision.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Some good cars for you guys

Yellow Spinosaurus

Save Mart Dragster

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I am more than mildly surprised to see the recording equipment they do have in Oslo Concert hall to serve professional users.....
Most of this is equipment from the early 90's and some of this not even made for really professional use but for home studio or semi professional....

This is :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
TAPE MACH.: 3 x DA 88 Tascam 8 track digital with remote control
1Technics 1506 4-tracks
1 Studer A67, 1 Otari MX70 16-tracks
CASS. DECKS: 1 NAD 6050 C, 1 Kenwood KX-3510
CD-MACHINE: 1 AIWA XC-002
DAT-MACHINES: 1 Kenwood DX 7030 , 1 SONY PCM 2700.

CD-MACHINES: 2 DENON-DN 1800 F
DAT-MACHINE: 1 TASCAM-DA 40
MINI-DISC-MACHINES: 2 DENO -DN M2300 R

Mini-disc and dat recorders for professional use in 2012 :p

Wow, talk about being professional around here :confused:

Mariss Jansons resigned from his position in Oslo because of the horrible acoustics in Oslo Concert house, it seems he is too professional for these people, no coincidence probably.....

Last edited:
lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I made project progress. I feel something must be terribly wrong.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I just found the poster from my (I think) junior high science project. That was over 25 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis