Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I just wrote a check for my property taxes. Kind of like the financial version of a swift kick to the produce section.

D

deedubb

Full Audioholic
I just wrote a check for my property taxes. Kind of like the financial version of a swift kick to the produce section.
Mine have gone up $2K since I moved into my current house in 1998. At least we get to spread it out over 5 payments, but still always painful.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Mine have gone up $2K since I moved into my current house in 1998. At least we get to spread it out over 5 payments, but still always painful.
I can't really complain about my property taxes, I guess, as they are higher in other places. But, as we all know, they're going to get their money somewhere. My house property taxes are lower than other places, but my car property taxes are higher (they were about $500 last year on my newish car, and they drop as the value of the car drops).

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
seriously? We have sales tax but I've never heard of "car property tax".
I guess it's technically a "vehicle license tax." From the Arizona Department of Transportation website, "In addition to other fees, vehicle owners in Arizona pay a Vehicle License Tax (VLT), assessed in place of a personal property tax charged by some other states."

Our registration is something like $20 (I forget), but it's the tax that costs a lot. It was definitely part of my decision criteria when deciding to buy a new car versus fix my old one.

D

deedubb

Full Audioholic
So is there sales tax in addition to this tax?

At the moment, we pay 13% sales tax on new or used vehicles. It really adds up on high end cars but what can you do. As the saying goes...you gotta pay to play.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Yep, we pay sales tax. It varies throughout the state, depending on the county and town. It's about 9-10%, though. That vehicle license tax is paid every year when we renew our registration, including when we first buy the car.

D

deedubb

Full Audioholic
That vehicle license tax is paid every year when we renew our registration, including when we first buy the car.
Wow, that's brutal. "The man" always knows how to stick it to you.

D

deedubb

Full Audioholic
What have you been eating?! :eek:

On second thought, don't answer that...

:D
LOL. I'm back, but not after buying 4 toilets, a sink, faucet, and garbage disposal. The faucet is one of those cool Delta ones where you just have to touch any part of it and it turns on/off.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Warlord
I like Nelson Pass's sense of humor, calling these speakers "The Kleinhorn"
Named after a mountain in Switzerland.... meaning little horn :cool:

Happy new year everyone, hope boring thread will continue the same way in 2012, here we're alreay 1 hour 36 minutes into the new year :p

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Happy new year everyone, hope boring thread will continue the same way in 2012, here we're alreay 1 hour 36 minutes into the new year :p
Happy New Year, Harald! It's still about six hours away here.

I'm going to get all my "white noise" makers ready - washing machine, dishwasher, dryer. Why? Niki is terrified of fireworks, and they are legal here now (which I still can't beileve). Last year, after they became legal, the family three houses down were real a-holes, lighting off mostly illegal fireworks (ones that fly, larger ones) until around 1:30am.

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
Happy New year all. Stay safe.

Adam, perhaps you should leave a deposit in your A-hole neighbors yard as a New Years gift. Sounds like you can blame it on some one else, (Like the last time) :D

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
I like Nelson Pass's sense of humor, calling these speakers "The Kleinhorn"
Named after a mountain in Switzerland.... meaning little horn :cool:

Holy crap on a cracker!! Are those real?

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
See **** drink? See **** drive? See **** die?

Don't be a ****. Stay safe. Call A cab, designate a driver, walk...

Happy New Year

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Holy crap on a cracker!! Are those real?
I can only imagine how many guys are going to be saying that at a bar tonight...and wishing that they were actually talking to the woman instead of to their buddies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis