Got to repair my PB 4000 yesterday!

A

Abs

Enthusiast
I already put one of them (Sledge 1200D) in one of my SB-13's. I was thinking about just getting a new SB-4000, however this might be sufficient.
I'm looking at doing that with my pb13 and get 2 pb3000s possibly. Have you noticed any change with the new amp other than the app control?

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
I'm looking at doing that with my pb13 and get 2 pb3000s possibly. Have you noticed any change with the new amp other than the app control?
Yep, it's more powerful. Now that can be subjective, but I had to adjust the amps in my settings due to the increased output. Anyway, that app is a very good thing.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
One of my SVS PB 4000's developed a driver issue last week

SVS sent me a driver within 3 days thought I'd post this here if anybody has to go through the same thing

The instructions are super simple and they send you all the tools you need

You basically take out the amp first then put it's on its back take out the driver

When you take out the amp you just unplug it from 2 spots

The driver you take it out you unplug the terminals after you pull the driver out

Then you reverse the order driver first then amp pretty easy peasy took me and my pops less then an hour

Here's some pics View attachment 35172View attachment 35173

As Shady stated in his review these things are built like friggin tanks man the build quality is out of this world everything fits super super tight and snug

And those drivers are beasts man I could not believe how heavy they are they said I could toss the old one I think I'll keep it in the house somewhere like a trophy

But anyway it was a lot of fun thought I'd share it kill in time sitting here in the house

But one thing it's definetly done is basically made up my mind to go with passive subs long term in the theater I can truly understand why people go with all amplifiers separate from there speakers now for sure need to wait till this blows over tho audio purchases right now not high on the priority list unfortunately

I hope your all safe and getting through this God Bless!
Eek! Fingerprints all over gloss! Make it stop!

:p

I've taken lots of subs and speakers apart just for fun. If you're careful there really isn't a whole lot to it. You don't have that bad boy anymore tho, do you?

A

Abs

Enthusiast
Yep, it's more powerful. Now that can be subjective, but I had to adjust the amps in my settings due to the increased output. Anyway, that app is a very good thing.

Thanks, my wife has given me the green light to get 2 pb16s instead.. Watch this space

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Eek! Fingerprints all over gloss! Make it stop!

:p

I've taken lots of subs and speakers apart just for fun. If you're careful there really isn't a whole lot to it. You don't have that bad boy anymore tho, do you?
Nope I sold them for my RBH

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Cheers pal, got to figure out how to get them through the door into my cinema! The boxes are huge let alone the sub
Furniture dollies can be helpful....or a few strong friends :)

CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
Yeah even more then 5k I got it for a crazy crazy good deal though so I had to go after it ;) :rolleyes:

I love It I've been so impressed honestly so eventually the 4000's are going on sale and the passive version of these are going up front they can be had for much less
I’ll start the bidd on the 4000’s. @ 237.32.:p

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Thanks, my wife has given me the green light to get 2 pb16s instead.. Watch this space
I’ll probably never be able to afford those wow !!! I’d still get psa 21” subs over ultras . Good luck carrying those .

M

MK1984

Enthusiast
Hi,

I read some bad entries about the quality of SVS Driver.After unpacking my brandnew SB4000 I note some white stains on the rubber surround.

My dealer said it is Talkum.SVS said it is off gassing.I will change the driver.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Hi,

I read some bad entries about the quality of SVS Driver.After unpacking my brandnew SB4000 I note some white stains on the rubber surround.

My dealer said it is Talkum.SVS said it is off gassing.I will change the driver.
You have to change the driver of your BRAND NEW sub?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis