Got to repair my PB 4000 yesterday!

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Some independent sub makers who only make drivers make bigger badder subs , but I’d imagine they are more expensive then simply going with svs ...
is svs the most robust brand of sub you can buy in its price range ? It’s pretty expensive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't know what you mean by robust, but the higher end of SVS subs, i.e., the 4000 series and 16-Ultra series, could definitely handle more powerful amps pretty easily than the existing amps they have. It's one of the reasons why SVS maintains such low distortion, these drivers aren't pushed very hard.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I don't know what you mean by robust, but the higher end of SVS subs, i.e., the 4000 series and 16-Ultra series, could definitely handle more powerful amps pretty easily than the existing amps they have. It's one of the reasons why SVS maintains such low distortion, these drivers aren't pushed very hard.
Ya know, noobs question reminded me of something. I heard awhile back that a certain “driver only” company was going to launch a line of complete subwoofers(IE:with in enclosures). I know your ear is on the ground. Have you heard any rumblings?
Sorry, couldn’t help that one...

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
How on earth do they build them so robust? No wonder it cost so much money it’s the lambrigini of the subwoofer world , does the triple ports mean it had more output then a 18” or a 24” sub?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah bro I'd say Lamborghini is pretty stretching they are high quality subs no doubght but like Shady says you can outperform them the RBH SV1212PR I have in the back of the room will ourperform them easily

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Ya know, noobs question reminded me of something. I heard awhile back that a certain “driver only” company was going to launch a line of complete subwoofers(IE:with in enclosures). I know your ear is on the ground. Have you heard any rumblings?
Sorry, couldn’t help that one...
Ohhhhhh yes if anyone knows do tell do tell ya got my curiosity on that one!!!!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah I can never get them to work that hard it's pretty amazing really no matter what you throw at an how loud it gets those drivers act like they are just taking a nice stroll in the park pretty impressive really

It's also impressive how well they perform for driver size especially in deep bass output up to there tuning point

It's amazing how much bigger the drivers have to be to handily outperform them that's a pretty impressively designed product really

P

ParisB

Audioholic
Yeah bro I'd say Lamborghini is pretty stretching they are high quality subs no doubght but like Shady says you can outperform them the RBH SV1212PR I have in the back of the room will ourperform them easily
Isn't that a dual sub costing $5k?

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Isn't that a dual sub costing $5k?
Yeah even more then 5k I got it for a crazy crazy good deal though so I had to go after it

I love It I've been so impressed honestly so eventually the 4000's are going on sale and the passive version of these are going up front they can be had for much less

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
But dan, what about
Jay-tee-Are?
I feel so bad...
Honestly in that room size putting those monsters in there and chasing 10hz performance just really isn't what I'm about anymore

Right now I'm at 16hz solid in that room without really trying and it sounds great I don't need anymore then that

And everything sounds so so good in there

With 3 of the RBH Id be at with room gain 14 to 13 hz easy peezy and that's more then enough for me

Now JTR's speakers on the other hand that's another story

They will be my upgrade I can't see going with JBL's new series when I can get JTR for just a little more

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
If I'm spending Dan's money I say go for four Deep Sea Sound Mariana 24s....come on, let's stop fooling around! LOL

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Spend it ALL buddy spend it ALL!!!! ;)
The challenge these days is actually getting anything it seems....I've got a couple simple Amazon orders marked undeliverable at the moment even tho says shipped....have no idea what that means.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
If I'm spending Dan's money I say go for four Deep Sea Sound Mariana 24s....come on, let's stop fooling around! LOL
Do you remember that old movie Scanners when he makes that guys head explode? I bet you that's what would happen if I had 4 of those in my theater room

That's a great movie to watch while locked down I'm gonna go on a old movie scarathon this week

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Do you remember that old movie Scanners when he makes that guys head explode? I bet you that's what would happen if I had 4 of those in my theater room

That's a great movie to watch while locked down I'm gonna go on a old movie scarathon this week
How about the server scene in Pulse? That's pretty intense. Haven't seen Scanners in....a long time!

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
The challenge these days is actually getting anything it seems....I've got a couple simple Amazon orders marked undeliverable at the moment even tho says shipped....have no idea what that means.
Things are screwy! I placed an order that was slated for 4/13 delivery (3 days) when I ordered it, then it got rescheduled for 5/2, then (without notice until it was actually at my house), it was delivered on Sunday, 4/12!

Today, I had a delivery scheduled from FedEx and got an email notice that they attempted delivery and would try again tomorrow. Because of CV, I was home all day and didn't have the music loud enough to not hear the doorbell, nor was there the normal FedEx sticky on the front door. I wuld like to call them out on it, but don't see a way to contact them!

Bottom line, things are screwy!

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Today, I had a delivery scheduled from FedEx and got an email notice that they attempted delivery and would try again tomorrow. Because of CV, I was home all day and didn't have the music loud enough to not hear the doorbell, nor was there the normal FedEx sticky on the front door. I wuld like to call them out on it, but don't see a way to contact them!

Bottom line, things are screwy!
This delivery got postponed again to Wednesday around 1PM today and then, about 4PM, I got notice that it would be delivered Friday!
I can understand that they may have more deliveries than normal or, perhaps, fewer drivers, but I am pretty surprised at the lack of organization reflected by this! Ideally they would have no more than one postponement (be it for a day or a week), but deliver it on the date they state! As is, I am really wondering if I will see it on Friday!
(just as an FYI I am not trying to be secretive about the delivery, it is not audio related (well, it actually is, indirectly). Is is a VoltShelf which is a rigid cargo cover for my Chevy Volt. I have had hatchbacks and am very familiar with how much extra noise is added when the hatch area is open to the main cabin. The stock cargo "privacy" cover was a sheet of Lycra type material stretched across the rear cargo space. This is a very quiet car (since there is no engine noise, Chevy decided to "double down" and use some of the upscale noise reducing technology/materials from Buick/Cadillac) and I am anxious to see what the noise floor will be after I isolate the rear wheel wells and that "echo chamber" from the main cabin!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
This delivery got postponed again to Wednesday around 1PM today and then, about 4PM, I got notice that it would be delivered Friday!
I can understand that they may have more deliveries than normal or, perhaps, fewer drivers, but I am pretty surprised at the lack of organization reflected by this! Ideally they would have no more than one postponement (be it for a day or a week), but deliver it on the date they state! As is, I am really wondering if I will see it on Friday!
(just as an FYI I am not trying to be secretive about the delivery, it is not audio related (well, it actually is, indirectly). Is is a VoltShelf which is a rigid cargo cover for my Chevy Volt. I have had hatchbacks and am very familiar with how much extra noise is added when the hatch area is open to the main cabin. The stock cargo "privacy" cover was a sheet of Lycra type material stretched across the rear cargo space. This is a very quiet car (since there is no engine noise, Chevy decided to "double down" and use some of the upscale noise reducing technology/materials from Buick/Cadillac) and I am anxious to see what the noise floor will be after I isolate the rear wheel wells and that "echo chamber" from the main cabin!
Well maybe since every thing is only able to be ordered online the issue might be they just are overwhelmed that's possible right?

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Well maybe since every thing is only able to be ordered online the issue might be they just are overwhelmed that's possible right?
Definitely!
I would like to see them committing to delayed deliveries and meeting those commitments rather than rescheduling multiple times. Obviously, the physical delivery is a hard constraint, but I would think they could adapt the logistics software to reflect the added surge of deliveries like they do for Black Friday or Christmas deliveries.
In other words, I get the delay, but am disappointed at the way they are letting Chaos run the show. They need to Get Smart and bring Control into the picture! :D !

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis