65” recommendations

Andon

Andon

Audioholic
This is what surprised me, I mostly used that tv for movies and rarely news or something ales. Now is the battle with "WRRANTECH" that are offering me tv that is 1k cheaper that what I spend on mine. Good luck to me!

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
It was said by who? Was it said by you with personal first hand experience? Was it said by the local salesman trying to sell you a new TV? Was it said to you by a friend with personal first hand knowledge that you can quote? Lastly, was it said on some random forum you read on the internet and can you link the source? Context is important
It was said by the many plasma fanboys that frequent A/V forums. Also it was implied in the Panasonic manual.

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
This is what surprised me, I mostly used that tv for movies and rarely news or something ales. Now is the battle with "WRRANTECH" that are offering me tv that is 1k cheaper that what I spend on mine. Good luck to me!
What kind TV is it?

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
They've made picture quality improvements (albeit minor) year over year, so I'd think a new B9 would at least be equivalent to a 2 year old C7 series.

chris357

chris357

Senior Audioholic
quick question, I'm probably buying an LG c0 65" in a few days, can you transport this TV flat? it will only fit my vehicle if I lay it down. Also for $2049 I think from Costco it comes with their 2 year and a 5 year square trade warranty.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
quick question, I'm probably buying an LG c0 65" in a few days, can you transport this TV flat? it will only fit my vehicle if I lay it down. Also for $2049 I think from Costco it comes with their 2 year and a 5 year square trade warranty.
Don’t know about transportation but yes on the warranty and they we’re doing a $100 in store gift card as well.

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
Everything I found on line points to the fact that C processors are beater than B processors when it comes to picture quality, but I am not a expert!
People online over-hype things like processors. The differences in the picture would be subtle at best. However, with the B9 you will get improved near black performance over that horrible black crush from previous OLED displays.

Andon

Andon

Audioholic
People online over-hype things like processors. The differences in the picture would be subtle at best. However, with the B9 you will get improved near black performance over that horrible black crush from previous OLED displays.
I don't know about black crush, what I know is that when I watched movies in dark room and they were black background, I couldn't tell where the screen ends. And this is with the C7.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Plasmas were the only ones that couldn't be laid down. I don't think this applies to OLED, but I'd ask a sales person or see if you can find something from LG.

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
I don't know about black crush, what I know is that when I watched movies in dark room and they were black background, I couldn't tell where the screen ends. And this is with the C7.
You will get that so-called "infinite" black with the B9. What you would hope for with the B9 is better performance when it comes to shadow detail and near black which OLED seems to at obliterate.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
I watched Gene’s HDMI video that was just released so I checked with LG on the C9 OLED. They assured me the HDMI 2.1 input accepts a 4K 120hz signal, I then asked what specific input GBPS it handles and they said they would check and get back to me. In lieu of Gene’s HDMI video it seems like a moot point unless you are PC gaming or will get the new Xbox or PlayStation which I plan on getting the Xbox. I’ll report back when I get full LG HDMI 2.1 specs.

This just out today, I guess this is why I got the email from LG, “we’re looking into it”. Will it even matter for gaming on the new Xbox or Sony, I doubt they put that much money into $500 consoles. Probably splitting hairs at this point.

chris357

chris357

Senior Audioholic
so what is the difference in the model numbers ending in PUA or AUA

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis