System design for an old man

G

GKROOK

Audiophyte
Thanks Shady J. I will be using wall mounted height speakers although I am not giving up on ceiling mounted speakers in the future. Due to some expediency issues, our HVAC system bit the dust so I wanted to get the speakers in hand before my better half put the brakes on buying equipment. But so far she has been quiet except for the theater seating.

So, I ended up buying Klipsch R-40SA speakers which should be delivered any minute now. Obviously I don't have to keep them so if you have a better recommendation I will seriously consider it. I want to buy four of them to complete the 5.1.4 set up. One of the things that I thought was a positive were the optional mounting positions.

In my listening area I am bound by 2 support posts 11feet from the front of the room and 11 feet wide. My MLP will be at about 10 feet. I plan on hanging the rear height speakers on the inside of these supports (they are framed out with drywall) pointing forward. Maybe that will work.. Or I may just mount them to the side facing the front of the room. My only concern is the seating area is right there. Will I be able to enjoy them at that position? I know a lot of the sound that comes from these speakers are "sound effects" so I would like to get it as correct as possible and go with the ceiling mounted speakers later.

Thanks for your input.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis