The Marantz "Cinema Series" "2022-2023" AV Pre-Launch Thread

M

multisport4me

Junior Audioholic
Hey @gene any timeline on your AV10 results? Looking forward to them.
Crickets.

I hope this doesn't mean there were problems with the testing and instead Gene is just thoroughly testing both the AV10 and AMP10?

T

TLEW

Audioholic Intern
Crickets.

I hope this doesn't mean there were problems with the testing and instead Gene is just thoroughly testing both the AV10 and AMP10?
I'm lucky to have the AV10 and its pretty awesome. I bet the numbers come back very positive.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I'm lucky to have the AV10 and its pretty awesome. I bet the numbers come back very positive.
I don't think Gene or anyone has formally posted the measurements yet. But it probably has been leaked since a friend of mine who is about to get the AV10/AMP10 texted me these with actual pictures and graphs. :D

AV10: 0.00048% THD+N, SINAD 106dB
AMP10: 0.001%, SINAD 96dB

M

multisport4me

Junior Audioholic
I don't think Gene or anyone has formally posted the measurements yet. But it probably has been leaked since a friend of mine texted me these with actual pictures and graphs. :D

AV10: 0.00048% THD+N, SINAD 106dB
AMP10: 0.001%, SINAD 96dB
Aren't those just the graphs and measurements from the Masimo training video on the AV10/AMP10 ?

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator

I got 96dB SINAD and they didn't dispute my results. I'm working w Marantz to see how I can replicate their 106dB result.

ban25

ban25

Audioholic

I got 96dB SINAD and they didn't dispute my results. I'm working w Marantz to see how I can replicate their 106dB result.
There is a "Benchmark" DAC Filter buried in the options that may measure better than the default slow filter.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
There is a "Benchmark" DAC Filter buried in the options that may measure better than the default slow filter.
Gene already confirmed he used the filter 2, that would be the sharp roll off filter, for the best measurements.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
My test report is updated with the corrected SINAD #s. Now hopefully I can get some sleep.

EpsilonZer0

EpsilonZer0

Enthusiast
I think the AV10 is a good future proof buy for those that replace their preamp every 10 years. We are just barely scratching the surface of 8K content and streaming atmos content is still not mixed for more than 11.2 channels currently. My Onkyo PR-RZ5100 pre/pro with its 11.2 channels and 4K HDR from 2016 is getting a little long in the tooth now but I think it has 3 more years in it. By then I think the AV10 will still be the one to beat and I can probably get it with all the Dirac software included by that time. Marantz built hell of a system and I am looking forward to see how their competitors will answer if at all.

Epsonfan

Epsonfan

Full Audioholic
On Sony OLED the No4 HDMI input for gaming enhanced signal format , not sure about the TV- Sony XBR75x940D
most gamer use VRR HDMI Enhanced directly on the sony instead receiver

Last edited:
ban25

ban25

Audioholic
I'm having issues when running my Xbox One S through my Marantz SR5010.

My setup is as follows:

TV- Sony XBR75x940D
Receiver- Marantz SR5010
Console- Xbox One & Xbox One S

When I upgraded to the Xbox One S for the 4k & HDR capabilities. I found that once I tried running it through the receiver I would get a (No signal detected on the Sony). I've taken the Xbox One S and plugged it directly into the Tv. I was able to run the Xbox One S with full 4k and HDR enabled no issues.

According to Marantz specs it's capable of the following: "With 8 HDMI inputs supporting HDCP 2.2 and 4K Ultra HD Full Rate with HDR and BT.2020 support, the SR5010 features an advanced video processing system with 4K upscaling"

Any advise?

Any advise welcomed.
It looks like the SR5010 only supports 4K30, so it is going to be unsuitable for games. You are better off plugging the console directly into a 4K60/4K120 compatible input on your TV with the appropriate HDMI 2.1 cable.

E

EBN

Audioholic
Any updates or leaks about Cinema 30 model now that Denon X6800H @ 3500$ is announced? Disappointing to see not much has changed other than the extra sub channels and dirac support. X6700H went for 1600$ few days ago.

D

dlaloum

Full Audioholic
Any updates or leaks about Cinema 30 model now that Denon X6800H @ 3500$ is announced? Disappointing to see not much has changed other than the extra sub channels and dirac support. X6700H went for 1600$ few days ago.

Well, Massimo shareholders were complaining that the margins were too low, so all pricing has risen... in addition to inflation impact.

The competition at this level of performance is the Onkyo RZ70 (and its siblings) priced at US$3000 (roughly) - having the X6800 come in at US$3500 seems right on target.

We won't know what street price ends up as, until it has been out for a few months...

Theetjuh

Theetjuh

Enthusiast
With an additional price of Dirac Live at $349 it comes close to $4k and I got my RZ70 for €2599 ... so quite a difference.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
Looks like the Stereo 70s came out after all. So for $1000, you're basically getting a fancier looking NR1200 that supports 8K/60Hz and 4K/120Hz. All the NR1200's shortcomings remain. No high-pass filter for the mains if using a sub. No bass calibration software.

They had 3 or 4 years to improve the core functionality of this model, and did nothing. What a joke. On the plus side, the NR1200 has dropped in price, if you don't need 8K.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I just heard the Marantz Cinema 30 is about to be released to replace the SR8015.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis