Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I should figure out how to turn off the loud emergency tone on my phone when I get an emergency weather text.
Just get a phone like mine and you won't get any alerts ... ever.

What exactly did you get for a phone and what provider?

When my T-Mobile contract is up I'm wanting to do something technologically ambitious and I aspire to your level of frugality.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Alex -- How is it going ? :D
All my battles are uphill and I have to wake up at 3:30 tomorrow morning. There will be no paycheck this week because I was on vacation last week. My life sucks. I also have to wash my work clothes. No wonder people drink and do drugs.

Other than that things are pretty good.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Just get a phone like mine and you won't get any alerts ... ever.

What exactly did you get for a phone and what provider?

When my T-Mobile contract is up I'm wanting to do something technologically ambitious and I aspire to your level of frugality.
I didn't use to get them, but from what I've read, it's a new government policy. My Droid X started to sound those alarms, too, shortly before I got the new phone.

I got a Samsung Galaxy S3 in white, and I'm on Verizon (discussed in this other thread). The S3 is freaking sweet, IMO. I like the ergonomics a lot. I grabbed it when I did because it was the last day to grandfather in my unlimited data plan on Verizon and still get a discount on a phone with a contract. I had 3G for two years with speeds around 1.5Mbps, and I never came close to 1GB a month. This phone has 4G, which recently got to my neighborhood, and I get speeds in the 30+Mbps range. I've used about 1.2GB so far, and I've had the phone for about 11 days. The phone is cheaper now a couple of weeks later, but it was worth it to me to keep that data plan.

You really don't need to be technologically ambitious to get into Android or iOS. It's just a matter of if you want just a phone or if you want to have internet capability. I like the option to check e-mail, surf the web, and such on my phone. I don't need it, but I like it. I'm fortunate that I can afford it, so I indulge myself. :D I've thought about getting one or two for my parents, but I just don't think that they'd use it much.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
A quick search produced this.

I didn't look at it closely because I'm about 6 months out from the end of my T-Mobile contract. I'm not an AT&T/Sprint fan because of some recollection of them not having good coverage in areas that I tried using their phones at and T-Mobile just pissed me off so bad that I can't wait to tell them to bite me.

A friend of mine got some deal for his wife that runs him $50/month for all that happy horsesh!t. I'm a little cranky because I have to do laundry and go to work tomorrow. Now would be a great time to let loose with a string of obscenities.

I'll keep an eye out for deals on the Galaxy S3's though. Thanks.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'm a little cranky because I have to do laundry and go to work tomorrow. Now would be a great time to let loose with a string of obscenities.
Wait until payday...then it won't seem so bad. Okay, having to do laundry still sucks. :D

njedpx3

njedpx3

Audioholic General
I bet that Platinum never gets warm. ;) :D
No it doesn't :rolleyes: Now those 16 oz Aluminum Bottles keep the brew reeally hold. I like them best at live golf tournaments like the Houston Shell Open ,... but thye cost more there :eek:

C

craig7

Senior Audioholic
my psycho model ex girlfriend is back at it again. apparently i hacked her facebook now and she is getting her goons after me lol

C

craig7

Senior Audioholic
well... 4am. i think ill go to bed early today... its awful that i go to bed when some people are getting up for work

Soccerkid830

Soccerkid830

Full Audioholic
Drove home from our cottage on Saturday, not too far, about 3 hours...

Get a call from my mom yesterday saying she left her car keys in the backseat of my truck. Sure enough... they were in the pouch thing on the back of my seat. Now I gotta drive them back this afternoon after work.

Three hours there, three hours back. All while getting a whopping 16 mpg.

Too bad we don't have any way of getting mail there, overnight-ing them would've been cheaper than the gas it's going to cost to get there and back.

:(

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
I didn't use to get them, but from what I've read, it's a new government policy. My Droid X started to sound those alarms, too, shortly before I got the new phone.

I got a Samsung Galaxy S3 in white, and I'm on Verizon (discussed in this other thread). The S3 is freaking sweet, IMO. I like the ergonomics a lot. I grabbed it when I did because it was the last day to grandfather in my unlimited data plan on Verizon and still get a discount on a phone with a contract. I had 3G for two years with speeds around 1.5Mbps, and I never came close to 1GB a month. This phone has 4G, which recently got to my neighborhood, and I get speeds in the 30+Mbps range. I've used about 1.2GB so far, and I've had the phone for about 11 days. The phone is cheaper now a couple of weeks later, but it was worth it to me to keep that data plan.

You really don't need to be technologically ambitious to get into Android or iOS. It's just a matter of if you want just a phone or if you want to have internet capability. I like the option to check e-mail, surf the web, and such on my phone. I don't need it, but I like it. I'm fortunate that I can afford it, so I indulge myself. :D I've thought about getting one or two for my parents, but I just don't think that they'd use it much.
I've got a cheapo Samsung flip phone that does more than I want it to. In fact, I wish it would never ring. All for $5 a month.
My wife on the other hand has a phone that does everything I could think of and a bunch of crap I never dreamed of. She likes all that, so she has it. But the first time she uses it to turn off the game I'm watching, or messes with the A/C, while she out of town, I'm smashing it.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I've wanted some of these for a while. Too bad they are in Vegas and the sale is local only. I did let the guy know that I'd be interested if he decides to ship them.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I got an e-mail about 25 minutes after my post about the pole saw saying that it was shipped. Giggity giggity! The UPS site just got updated, and it should be here by Wednesday. Sweet! I was hoping to have it by this weekend so that I can take care of a tree that's overhanging my neighbors' yards.

Also, my belt holster for my phone should be here by Thursday. :)

Okay, time to go to bed. I feel asleep around 6pm, got up at 11:30, but now it's time to get some more sleep before work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis