Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
That will pass. :D
Last week was 30 hours straight time and 4 hours OT.

I've got some taping and carpentry work to do for a jeweler and a laundry list of repairs to take care of for another condo dweller. Even though I have a stack of bills and a mound of CC debt I'm nearly giddy from having a little money and the promise of more to come. Don't credit me with having a good work ethic. It's really greed.

I have already started harassing Swerd: Are my speakers done yet ?!? :mad: :rolleyes: :D...

So ... the novelty hasn't worn off yet.

In an unrelated MacGyver moment I just used a piece of gum stuck to the end of a pencil to fish a penny out of a garbage disposal. This may be the high point of my day. I'll report back later.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
My dishwasher makes a whining noise near the control panel when it's plugged in (something in the electronics is doing it). I don't notice it unless I'm within about a foot of it, but it kind of annoys me. Luckily, last weekend while I was messing around with insulation, I accidentally plugged it into the outlet under my sink that is controlled by a wall switch (for the disposal, but I haven't used it for years because it's broken) before moving it back to the regular outlet. While it took me a week to connect the dots, it did occur to me this morning to put it back on the controlled outlet - so now I can leave it off until I want to use it. Hee, hee...no more whine...from the electronics or me. :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Another post on my dishwasher (I was writing my Amazon review this morning). As I was writing about the visible gap on each side, it dawned on me that the installers had pushed the washer about 0.75" too far in, so the sides of the washer didn't line up with the edging on the cabinet. I pulled it out, lined it up, put in new screw holes for the top brackets - and it looks a lot better to me now.

The installers were trying to get the door more flush with the cabinet, as it's thicker than the one on my old washer, so I can understand why they did what they did. I'd rather have the washer line up on the sides, though, so I'm glad that I moved it.

J

jamie2112

Banned
This is the only thread I want to post in anymore....stupid people are just a waste of time anymore....I am not racist I hate everyone equally

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I think it is safe to say that nobody has a more boring life than you. ;)
lol in real time. :D

Adam, why don't you buy a garbage disposal? Make sure it's at least 3/4 horse and HD has 'quiet' models ... but then what would you do for a switched outlet for the dishwasher? There's probably a garbage disposal forum you could join for advice on installing one.

I just got in from doing side work. It's nice doing stuff for people that aren't use to having stuff done right. They're so happy ... like Adam would have been if those dishwasher installers had ever installed a dishwasher before. Adam, is your dishwasher level? Did you see those guys use a level? Do you own a level? Amazon probably sells levels.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I think that I used a disposal when I was a kid, but I haven't used one in years and don't have any need for one. I've thought about replacing mine, but I don't want to deal with the plumbing. As a reminder...I'm lazy. :D

After the kings of installation left and I noticed the bad job, I adjusted the front and back feet to get it level. Believe it or not, I own a level. :D Although, I should check that again after moving it around this morning...

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
Worked in the yard today. I planted marigolds (deer and rabbit deterrent) around my black cherry tomato plants.
good times, good times...:rolleyes:

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Ahhh, marigolds. I know them well.

I just cleaned part of my carpet. This new cleaner sucks down detergent like Doug and Rick suck down beer (see, I can keep it clean :D), so I only did about 2/3 of my living room. Carpet looks nice, though.

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
Ahhh, marigolds. I know them well.

I just cleaned part of my carpet. This new cleaner sucks down detergent like Doug and Rick suck down beer (see, I can keep it clean :D), so I only did about 2/3 of my living room. Carpet looks nice, though.
So the white girl isn't bothered by vacuums? Is it mostly high pitched noise?
Excuse my geographic ignorance, but are the fires close to you? There are fires in Orlando about 5 miles from my mother in laws house. She can see and smell the smoke.

What could that possibly mean? :confused:
Water sports? I'm not here judge, but....:eek:

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
So the white girl isn't bothered by vacuums?
She doesn't like vacuums, but she doesn't seem scared by them. She will definitely move into another room to avoid them, but once they are off, she's cool. With smoke detector beeps, she'll be bothered for hours after they're done.

Water sports? I'm not here judge, but....:eek:
Word. It's better to compete than to judge those events. Just sayin'.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I have two Dyson upright vacuums, a Dyson handheld, five Hoover carpet cleaners, a Hoover FloorMate, and two mops in the house. Add to that a Hoover upright vacuum, handheld vacuum, Bissell carpet cleaner, and mop that have been in the garage for years. I feel like the ADTG of floor appliances. :eek: :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis