Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
True, but in Adam's case I'm not sure how clean they'd be. The desert is a dirty place I'm told.
Camel & crack should never enter my mind at the same time. :eek:

(or any other part of me)

Last edited by a moderator:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
You've had the GR's forever.... You should upgrade.... I'll wait for the upgrade thread.:D
No reason to upgrade :) They still sound great! I am updating an existing pair and swapping the old drivers into some spare A/V-1 cabinets I have.

I have listened to a few speakers that I think I'd call an improvement over the A/V-2s, but man do they cost a lot more. The upgrade thread may still be GR Research, just the N line instead of the A/Vs :D

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
No reason to upgrade :) They still sound great! I am updating an existing pair and swapping the old drivers into some spare A/V-1 cabinets I have.

I have listened to a few speakers that I think I'd call an improvement over the A/V-2s, but man do they cost a lot more. The upgrade thread may still be GR Research, just the N line instead of the A/Vs :D
I want something different. I can hear it in my mind but i haven't heard it with my ears yet...:)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I want something different. I can hear it in my mind but i haven't heard it with my ears yet...:)
Maybe you should see if GR can get a pair of N1xs or N2xs out to you for an audition? :) I had the N2Xs for a while and I was most impressed with those BG ribbon tweeters. I've never heard anything quite like them - crisp like a metal dome when needed, but still able to be smooth like a soft dome in general. If I build them, I will most likely go N1X.

N2X:

Last edited:
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
The school my Door & Hardware Class is being taught in has a couple of palates of Walnut veneered hardwood plywood not to mention a first rate wood shop. I need to make an effort to make some acquaintances that would allow me access to that facility. Unlike Eddie's it is right on the way home from work.

I've got 3 more classes to attend over the next 2 weeks.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
The school my Door & Hardware Class is being taught in has a couple of palates of Walnut veneered hardwood plywood not to mention a first rate wood shop. I need to make an effort to make some acquaintances that would allow me access to that facility. Unlike Eddie's it is right on the way home from work.

Since drywall is your main gig, are you doing these classes to make yourself more marketable? Or, is this just some "expand your horizons" type of thing?

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan

Always improving yourself huh? You're a good man Mr. A.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis