Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
strube

strube

Audioholic Field Marshall
I don't have them yet :p

They sounded that bad? I figured I couldn't possibly go wrong with the amount of positive reviews. I can probably still cancel my order though.

I just want an over the ear headphone for around 200, is that so much to ask? :rolleyes:
No sir, it isn't too much to ask. I will share my experience and let you decide. Sorry to complicate things for you. I hate that! :rolleyes: But I do want to help.

I wanted closed-back headphones in a similar price range that didn't color the sound and what I got with the Denon's was awful, boomy, muddy bass and very poor quality highs. It's like Dr. Dre and Monster Cable designed the crossover to sound like some of their beats garbage or something, but in reality it is because of how close Denon put the drivers to your ears.

My suspicion was that the reviews are great because average folks that aren't like us Audioholics like boomy garbage because they don't know what "good" sounds like. These are the same people that can't tell the difference between the junk 24kbps Sirius Radio audio quality and a FLAC, SACD, or vinyl.

If you read on that Head-Fi forum you will see that there are people that love them after they have modded the crap out of them and bolstered up the surrounds so the drivers aren't basically touching your ear. I don't think you should have to mod something right out of the box.

I got lucky on the return window for the Denons and returned them for AKG phones. I was mostly worried that they wouldn't fit my giant ears as well as the Denon ones because of the oval ear cutout in the pads vs the round ones in the AKGs. This was true, they do require a little adjustment to be comfortable for me but I wear them all day at work but they sound amazing compared to the Denon ones because they aren't coloring up the sound. I was a Denon fan from my AVR experiences, but I feel like AKG has more experience designing headphones. I also like that they automatically mute when I remove them so they aren't being driven when nobody is listening.

These are what I got. It was down to them or some Audio Technica ones that I probably linked in that thread I linked in my previous post.

Last edited:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
She has a strong tendency to try and eat things that she finds on our walks. I'm able to see it and stop her for most things, but she got part of a rabbit a little while ago when I was distracted and wolfed it down before I got to her - so I think that was the culprit.

This isn't the first time, or likely the last. I'll be getting the medicine today. I'm actually taking her to the vet this morning for some shots (inspired by needing to go get her medicine anyway).

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Tapeworm medicine down the hatch. Niki sure is happy to be home. She really dislikes being at the vet's office.

dkane360

dkane360

No sir, it isn't too much to ask. I will share my experience and let you decide. Sorry to complicate things for you. I hate that! :rolleyes: But I do want to help.

I wanted closed-back headphones in a similar price range that didn't color the sound and what I got with the Denon's was awful, boomy, muddy bass and very poor quality highs. It's like Dr. Dre and Monster Cable designed the crossover to sound like some of their beats garbage or something, but in reality it is because of how close Denon put the drivers to your ears.

My suspicion was that the reviews are great because average folks that aren't like us Audioholics like boomy garbage because they don't know what "good" sounds like. These are the same people that can't tell the difference between the junk 24kbps Sirius Radio audio quality and a FLAC, SACD, or vinyl.

If you read on that Head-Fi forum you will see that there are people that love them after they have modded the crap out of them and bolstered up the surrounds so the drivers aren't basically touching your ear. I don't think you should have to mod something right out of the box.

I got lucky on the return window for the Denons and returned them for AKG phones. I was mostly worried that they wouldn't fit my giant ears as well as the Denon ones because of the oval ear cutout in the pads vs the round ones in the AKGs. This was true, they do require a little adjustment to be comfortable for me but I wear them all day at work but they sound amazing compared to the Denon ones because they aren't coloring up the sound. I was a Denon fan from my AVR experiences, but I feel like AKG has more experience designing headphones. I also like that they automatically mute when I remove them so they aren't being driven when nobody is listening.

These are what I got. It was down to them or some Audio Technica ones that I probably linked in that thread I linked in my previous post.
Order cancelled... the search continues!

dkane360

dkane360

I won the lottery!!!!!!!!

Attention Dear Winner,

Compliment of the day. We are sending you this email via our random
collection of the email who warn the sum of 5.5 million dollars kindly
contact the person in charge and your wining number is (13) get to the
person in charge of your lodgments via email: asshishranjann@ymail.com
with the following information as listed below:

1. Your full name
2. Wining Number

Once again congratulation.

Email Lotto department.

dkane360

dkane360

Congratulations! I had number 12...so close.
He needs a bank account number to transfer the funds into and I don't feel comfortable using mine. Can we use yours? I'll split the winnings with you 50/50! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis