Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Absolutrely agree, just trying to be funny :p

I agree.... but
I just can't live without Skype on the phone !!!!!!!!!!
My wife loves Skype. She keeps in touch with her family in the Philippines that way. I don't need that on my phone but she'd love it.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
My wife loves Skype. She keeps in touch with her family in the Philippines that way. I don't need that on my phone but she'd love it.
yeah, for this it's incredibly good, and I have family in Kiev, Ukraine......

Well actually Skype changed my life... so Skype is important on phones

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Not quite used to it yet, but very comfortable, just can't find where I can see who called me (missed calls and received calls) :p

Form factor is better than iPhone and any HTC's and it looks incredibyl cool :cool:
Will they brick your phone with an update?:D I loved my iphone until that moment.

I really want a Nexus Prime, but I know I should wait until my phone dies.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I know it's wrong but watching somebody scramble right after their iPhone bricks is an endless source of amusement for me. "My contacts ... my pictures ... !!! :eek:" I just figure they can start paying attention to their driving again. :D

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Unless of course you don't know anybody in the Phillipines or Ukarain or any other countries you can't spell the names of.
or you can get to know people via Skype, but you know probably enough people already :p

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
The most useful feature of the Meego mobile OS
You can get an x terminal and do whatever you can do on a linux system (I presume)

Here's the "top" command to see the processes that runs on the phone

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Will they brick your phone with an update?:D I loved my iphone until that moment.

I really want a Nexus Prime, but I know I should wait until my phone dies.
May be..... I'm quite paranoid with backup's so at least I will do full backup's before any updates may come along the way..... not sure what future is with Meego, but for now it looks nice :p

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
I know it's wrong but watching somebody scramble right after their iPhone bricks is an endless source of amusement for me. "My contacts ... my pictures ... !!! :eek:" I just figure they can start paying attention to their driving again. :D
Wouldn't this be more of a papertweight than a brick?

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Speaking of paying attention to their driving, a local guy is having fun with commuters:
It's good that he mentioned that he's walking while taking these pic's. I just block the text thing on my phone and call it good but I have no doubt that I would text and drive if I knew how to text.

or you can get to know people via Skype, but you know probably enough people already :p
Do you think Skype would somehow bring us closer? :D

I looked up your phone and a 16 GB version goes for $650 on Amazon. Dude, that's expensive! Phones are ridiculous. A couple of phones for just calling people run me about $120/month and that is crazy. I don't like talking on the phone that much to begin with and I simply wouldn't know what to do with the Russian launch codes you had pictured on your phone.

Wouldn't this be more of a papertweight than a brick?
Good point but keeping it on your desk might be a bit of a painful reminder.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I'm pretty sure in my case the pictures clearing was a good thing.

May be..... I'm quite paranoid with backup's so at least I will do full backup's before any updates may come along the way..... not sure what future is with Meego, but for now it looks nice :p
No paranoid would be if you did a clean restore every night. Somebodies watching you.:cool:

Wouldn't this be more of a paperweight than a brick?
The problem is it's a little large for a paperweight and too light for a brick.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
It's good that he mentioned that he's walking while taking these pic's. I just block the text thing on my phone and call it good but I have no doubt that I would text and drive if I knew how to text.

Do you think Skype would somehow bring us closer? :D

I looked up your phone and a 16 GB version goes for $650 on Amazon. Dude, that's expensive! Phones are ridiculous. A couple of phones for just calling people run me about $120/month and that is crazy. I don't like talking on the phone that much to begin with and I simply wouldn't know what to do with the Russian launch codes you had pictured on your phone.

Good point but keeping it on your desk might be a bit of a painful reminder.
Price is not so much of an issue when Employer pays for phone :p
The thing that Skype may bring us closer Alex is quite scary :D
I have a very big trouble myself dealing with Russian codes and words, believe me, it's very very difficult.... but the reward is huge....

I'm pretty sure in my case the pictures clearing was a good thing.

No paranoid would be if you did a clean restore every night. Somebodies watching you.:cool:

The problem is it's a little large for a paperweight and too light for a brick.
I did a clean reset of phone twice already, getting a clean OS, but doing this regularly is not something I plan to do really.....

Yes, it's not so good paperweight, but still quite heavy.... my old Nokia N96 is more of a brick though....

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis