Alex takes delivery

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Well plug that thing in and fire it up. Your going to love it:D
I know. I haven't had the time yet. Between this hurricane and a little room painting project I signed up for I'm not going to have time for probably a month. Before I do anything though I want to read the manual too. That might take a year. :rolleyes:

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
It's going to take you a month to plug it in?! Dude, you could have that whole thing connected in under an hour.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
The only way to make you understand is to ask you to envision yourself trying to get your own walls painted with an sand storm bearing down on you. Sheesh ... desert dwellers. :rolleyes: :D

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
Don't make me come down there and hook that thing up for you. I might even have to bring you some more cool music:D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
The only way to make you understand is to ask you to envision yourself trying to get your own walls painted...
I've painted my walls before, but never...NEVER...when I had new gear sitting idle that the whole world knew about. This is Audioholics, man. Get your priorities straight!

Now, if you don't mind, I need to be a true Audioholic and get ready to respond to the gay humor associated with the word "straight" above.

:D

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
I've painted my walls before, but never...NEVER...when I had new gear sitting idle that the whole world knew about. This is Audioholics, man. Get your priorities straight!

:D
How is this one for you? I left the groceries on front porch while I unpacked my amp friday.:D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
How is this one for you? I left the groceries on front porch while I unpacked my amp friday.:D
Better...but I question the decision to get groceries. I'd think that you would have carbo loaded the night before in preparation. :D

I look forward to your pics. I understand the weight comment - your XPA-3 weighs just about as much as my RPA-1. Not so easy to slide into a rack, is it (quiet, boys :))?

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
Better...but I question the decision to get groceries. I'd think that you would have carbo loaded the night before in preparation. :D

I look forward to your pics. I understand the weight comment - your XPA-3 weighs just about as much as my RPA-1. Not so easy to slide into a rack, is it (quiet, boys :))?
Actually, I did carbo load. I had Shrimp scampi, garlic bread and beer thursday night:)

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
Why can't electronic repair shops do their job correct. :mad: I drive down to Haverhill Mass to pick up my Onkyo. 52 miles one way. Get home, hook everything up remote is now working; great!. Effing volume knob is not:mad: This is now not an Onkyo issue this is an incompetent tech issue. Damn this crap pisses me off. I don't need the manual volume control, but it should work. It worked just fine before I dropped it off. What would you guys do? Drive back and make them fix it, open it up and see if a cable is just off? What do you think?

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Hold a gun to the tech's head and tell him you're gonna give him another
chance to get it right because you think he's pretty. :eek:
That should get him motivated. :D

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Why can't electronic repair shops do their job correct. :mad: I drive down to Haverhill Mass to pick up my Onkyo. 52 miles one way. Get home, hook everything up remote is now working; great!. Effing volume knob is not:mad: This is now not an Onkyo issue this is an incompetent tech issue. Damn this crap pisses me off. I don't need the manual volume control, but it should work. It worked just fine before I dropped it off. What would you guys do? Drive back and make them fix it, open it up and see if a cable is just off? What do you think?
Call them and tell them that they need to fix this situation...not just the receiver. Stay calm and see what they say.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Call them and tell them that they need to fix this situation...not just the receiver. Stay calm and see what they say.
That's a good suggestion. Much more calm than what I was thinking. So, I'll say...only if Doug's idea doesn't work...call a couple of hard, pipe-hitting 'holics to go to work on the homes with a pair of pliers and a blow torch.

Or even worse, tell Alex where the guy is. :eek: :D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
... tell Alex where the guy is. :eek: :D
I think Jeff said he was in Haverhill. That's further from me than it is from him but let me share my own story of consumer rage. It has to do with vacuum cleaner bags. I'll not mention the make but we'll call it Brand X. I found like their one and only store in the state and bought what the salesman said was their only bag for their upright vacuums. Fast forward to a couple of weeks later I find that the bag doesn't fit. I call the store and another sales guy tells me the same thing and starts suggesting that I was missing parts. Finally we figure out that I have one of their commercial vac's which does take a different bag.

"So Brand X does have more than one kind of bag for an upright?"

"Only if you count the commercial line."

"That's a 'yes'. I'm going to need to bring these back."

"Did you open the plastic bag containing the vacuum bags?"

"Of course. How do you think I figured out the bag was the wrong one?"

"Well, now we're not going to be able to resell them."

"Do you think maybe I should just eat the 35 buck then?"

"I think you should have told the salesman you had a commercial vacuum."

"I'll tell you what: I'm going to come down there and get my money back. How's that?"

"We'll see."

I couldn't wait to get there. Fortunately I had located the receipt. I put it and the bags on the counter saying that I would like to return that while I looked around the store and thought about grabbing one of their uprights and wielding it like the mighty hammer of Thor breaking everything. He processed the return. The end.

The store didn't have any cameras. I hate getting that pissed and I know that people are scared for their jobs but what ever happened to treating a customer like he wasn't a mark? In the words of Jamie, people suck.

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
I think Jeff said he was in Haverhill. That's further from me than it is from him but let me share my own story of consumer rage. It has to do with vacuum cleaner bags. I'll not mention the make but we'll call it Brand X. I found like their one and only store in the state and bought what the salesman said was their only bag for their upright vacuums. Fast forward to a couple of weeks later I find that the bag doesn't fit. I call the store and another sales guy tells me the same thing and starts suggesting that I was missing parts. Finally we figure out that I have one of their commercial vac's which does take a different bag.

"So Brand X does have more than one kind of bag for an upright?"

"Only if you count the commercial line."

"That's a 'yes'. I'm going to need to bring these back."

"Did you open the plastic bag containing the vacuum bags?"

"Of course. How do you think I figured out the bag was the wrong one?"

"Well, now we're not going to be able to resell them."

"Do you think maybe I should just eat the 35 buck then?"

"I think you should have told the salesman you had a commercial vacuum."

"I'll tell you what: I'm going to come down there and get my money back. How's that?"

"We'll see."

I couldn't wait to get there. Fortunately I had located the receipt. I put it and the bags on the counter saying that I would like to return that while I looked around the store and thought about grabbing one of their uprights and wielding it like the mighty hammer of Thor breaking everything. He processed the return. The end.

The store didn't have any cameras. I hate getting that pissed and I know that people are scared for their jobs but what ever happened to treating a customer like he wasn't a mark? In the words of Jamie, people suck.
Did you end up with the blue bags? Which are about 6" too long. Don't feel bad I have a whole case sitting here, must be a couple hundred bags.

Last edited:
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Did you end up with the blue bags?
Yeah, that HEPA thing with the oval gasket instead of a round one.
That reminds me that I need to track them down on line.

Jeff, I would open that thing up like a can of tuna and see if it was an easy fix.
Don't let the juice run out. :)

Last edited:
jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
Yeah, that HEPA thing with the oval gasket instead of a round one.
That reminds me that I need to track them down on line.

Jeff, I would open that thing up like a can of tuna and see if it was an easy fix.
Don't let the juice run out. :)
I did and checked some of the cables. Nothing seemed out of sorts. The ones for the volume knob are behind the front panel and I was not going to take that apart. I am calling them today.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
He's a people. They suck alright.
Present company excluded, Mike ... we're AH'ers ... it matters. :)

Here we go, it was like this:

... then something happened:

... but it got better:

I just need to hook it up and maybe run the wire management business back past the computer.

I already miss those sweet H/K watts ... :D ... Just driving PENG crazy. :p :D

How 'bout it's owner?
That's mature, Dave ... real mature. :D

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis