Yamaha AVENTAGE 2021 AV Receivers Bulk Up on Power and 8K Features

M

mtangh

Audiophyte
Can we have video through hdmi and audio from rca? I understand denon can allow the above to be done
Found the solution use video out. That means
You can set video to hdmi 2 and audio to audio 3 for example

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Wake up! Yamaha fanboyz! What? You guys are Hung over from the weekend? Now if I can just figure out how to use my new PS4, @OldAndSlowDev help!! :confused: what's my next move? Do I go off world, and find some mutant monsters to kill or will they come looking for me?
IMG_20220214_055827353_HDR~2.jpg

Last edited:
OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
Wake up! Yamaha fanboyz! What? You guys are Hung over from the weekend? Now if I can just figure out how to use my new PS4, @OldAndSlowDev help!! :confused: what's my next move? Do I go off world, and find some mutant monsters to kill or will they come looking for me?
View attachment 53841
I think I haven't turned on my PS4 in the last three or four years. I even don't recognize the menu :D
I make take some time later to plug it to the Yamaha and to see if I can figure how to get surround to work with a PS4...

Padinn

Padinn

Junior Audioholic
View attachment 53841
Final Fantasy VII remake is a great single player game. The uncharted and last of us series are also superb. God of War is also fantastic. Playroom is a good game to learn how to use the controller/ect.

Once you have installed a game ypu choose start to fire it up. You can buy games from the ps store or get digital keys from retailers. You can also buy discs and it will install and update them automatically once put in the drive.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Final Fantasy VII remake is a great single player game. The uncharted and last of us series are also superb. God of War is also fantastic. Playroom is a good game to learn how to use the controller/ect.

Once you have installed a game ypu choose start to fire it up. You can buy games from the ps store or get digital keys from retailers. You can also buy discs and it will install and update them automatically once put in the drive.
Awesome thanks brother!! Helps a lot! Plus I love the Final Fantasy games.

P

PacketofCrisps

Audioholic Intern
Yamaha sent me an email saying they are still investigating the dialogue bleed into the rears, I have emailed back with a link to a video I uploaded to YouTube to try and demonstrate the problem.

I never experienced this on my old RX-V685 using Dolby Surround.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Yamaha sent me an email saying they are still investigating the dialogue bleed into the rears, I have emailed back with a link to a video I uploaded to YouTube to try and demonstrate the problem.

Hopefully older Yamahas don’t have this bloody issue. :)

J

jakkedtide

Audioholic
I show what I'm using at the start of the video, Dolby Surround, surround decoder, no DSP effects, and yes it sounds like 5 channel stereo!
I see that now. If you tried straight does it go away? Sometimes a bad source the receiver might not know what to do with it. I used to use a dsp, adventure on my old Yamaha and decent to good sources sounded fine. But a local news channel, cable TV sounded like crap

P

PacketofCrisps

Audioholic Intern
I see that now. If you tried straight does it go away? Sometimes a bad source the receiver might not know what to do with it. I used to use a dsp, adventure on my old Yamaha and decent to good sources sounded fine. But a local news channel, cable TV sounded like crap
If I use straight on 2.0 sources it will only up-mix to 2.1 so the rear speakers won't be engaged, you need to engage the decoder to up-mix to 5.1, all 2.0 source using Dolby Surround bleed the dialogue across all the channels.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I show what I'm using at the start of the video, Dolby Surround, surround decoder, no DSP effects, and yes it sounds like 5 channel stereo!
I use A.I. mostly, for all streaming and when I watch a 4K Blu-ray disc I take A.I.off, I than set the surround to Auto. I'm not getting center channel dialog bleed from my surrounds.

Majorusa

Majorusa

Junior Audioholic

I had this issue last year with Denon 3600h and Marantz SR6015. I returned both AVRs. I do not know if they fixed it. Now I am using Yamaha DSP Drama on my A8A in order to bypass this voice bleed issue. After a while I think I do not want to go back to Dolby Surround anymore due to Virtual Back and presence speakers. But the issue should be fixed.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I had this issue last year with Denon 3600h and Marantz SR6015. I returned both AVRs. I do not know if they fixed it. Now I am using Yamaha DSP Drama on my A8A in order to bypass this voice bleed issue. After a while I think I do not want to go back to Dolby Surround anymore due to Virtual Back and presence speakers. But the issue should be fixed.
Hmm Denon 3600 was first Denon with Dolby Height Virtualization. Wonder if that is related in terms of the version of DSU. Most sources are 5.1 not 2.0 though. Sounds like only 2.0 sources using DSU have this dialog bleed.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis