Yamaha AVENTAGE 2021 AV Receivers Bulk Up on Power and 8K Features

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic

Those with the new A8A should use auro 3d not Dsu as @gene suggests in his YouTube video! As Yamaha doesn't have center spread

Thanks gene!
I have been testing the center spread that Gene encountered with his audio processing hardware and it's not behaving the same on my RX-A8A. Basically when changing to small, medium or large, the main speakers sound exactly the same, while on his audio processing hardware the medium setting was changing the stereo image.

TL;DR : Auro3d for upmixing on the RX-A6A, RX-A8A behave correctly with the small, medium and large settings when it's about preserving the stereo track.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I have been testing the center spread that Gene encountered with his audio processing hardware and it's not behaving the same on my RX-A8A. Basically when changing to small, medium or large, the main speakers sound exactly the same, while on his audio processing hardware the medium setting was changing the stereo image.

TL;DR : Auro3d for upmixing on the RX-A6A, RX-A8A behave correctly with the small, medium and large settings when it's about preserving the stereo track.
Yamaha just sent me a email, they wanted me to take a questionnaire of my RX-A4A which I did. One of the questions was what I thought of the front display. Told them I felt it could be a little bigger. Also mentioned to Yamaha about this thread on AH. Also asked about the update release of the HDMI 2.1. Was a bunch of other stuff they wanted to know, my likes or dislikes and so on. I also mentioned that Gene did a bench test with results of their RX-A6A, that they should take a long hard look at Gene's findings.

Last edited:
J

jakkedtide

Audioholic

Maybe gene can say something about the Yamaha auro 3d if it acts the same as in the video?

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
Maybe gene can say something about the Yamaha auro 3d if it acts the same as in the video?
Gene posted a new video today speaking about his inquiry and questions to Auro3D. As he discovered, Auro3D got some versions/differences and with the Yamaha new lineup we are on the latest version which behave differently (I would say better) when up mixing. This is why I love how it enhances stereo soundtracks.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Gene posted a new video today speaking about his inquiry and questions to Auro3D. As he discovered, Auro3D got some versions/differences and with the Yamaha new lineup we are on the latest version which behave differently (I would say better) when up mixing. This is why I love how it enhances stereo soundtracks.
Where? On his YouTube channel?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
ANy word yet on that missing Firmware Update? Did they ever activate their HDMI Boards?

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
ANy word yet on that missing Firmware Update? Did they ever activate their HDMI Boards?
I believe I read on this thread, one AH member stated he had gotten a email back from Yamaha. Said about two weeks. That was about a week ago. Top of the morning to you @ryanosaur!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis