Yamaha AVENTAGE 2021 AV Receivers Bulk Up on Power and 8K Features

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I use straight or Auro 3D for music. But pure that bypass YPAO sounds really narrower than stereo or straight with stereo source. Ok it’s supposedly the cleanest sound but you lose half of the sound scene width and separation is not as good. I was using direct mode on my previous amp (that didn’t support any room correction, way too old) so my first listening was in pure mode. Once YPAO setup done, I made pure vs straight back and forth tests on stereo sources, it’s night and day.
Oh okay, your not using 2.1 or 2.2 in your case, you do have 2 Subs right? But anyways your listening to music with all your speakers. Ok I see that being useful. Guess I'm just old school with 2.1 only for music. Umm gotta ask though, Auro 3D, that good for music? You guys seem to like it a lot for music use

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
Oh okay, your not using 2.1 or 2.2 in your case, you do have 2 Subs right? But anyways your listening to music with all your speakers. Ok I see that being useful. Guess I'm just old school with 2.1 only for music. Umm gotta ask though, Auro 3D, that good for music? You guys seem to like it a lot for music use
I use my two subs in stereo mainly extending my column range. I use extra bass (I also tried front speakers set to small with a 60 or 80hz crossover). So it’s a 2.2 in stereo

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I use my two subs in stereo mainly extending my column range. I use extra bass (I also tried front speakers set to small with a 60 or 80hz crossover). So it’s a 2.2 in stereo
I use 2.1, speakers L/R set to large, PEQ: set to through. Enhancer set to On. Subwoofer Trim set to 0. Subwoofer level set to +2.0 umm. Sub ( Volume) on back of Sub, set at about 10: O'clock.Oh and Hz on back of Sub maxed out. Pow!:D

M

mtangh

Audiophyte
Can i check, when in pure direct, does the front goes to large automatically?

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
So you are enjoying your Flagship RX-A8A with no issues at all driving your Speakers huh? What's the Ohm rating of yours speakers 4 Ohm right? Doesn't matter, your lovely sounding RX-A8A has No problem whatsoever driving your Speakers. Not like some of the other new AVR's that'll clip or go into (Nanny) mode when driving a 4 Ohm load and end up only putting out 40 watts! :D

AllenB

AllenB

Enthusiast
I use 2.1, speakers L/R set to large, PEQ: set to through. Enhancer set to On. Subwoofer Trim set to 0. Subwoofer level set to +2.0 umm. Sub ( Volume) on back of Sub, set at about 10: O'clock.Oh and Hz on back of Sub maxed out. Pow!:D
I'm running my A6A similarly: 2.1, Extra Bass on (to use the sub), front L/R set large. Enhancer off though. Mostly straight, or PureDirect for great recordings. Using the decoder in Auro3D for tracks that need ambience, and also for movies.
I really do like the crispness of the YPAO results. Logically it doesn't make sense to the purist in me, but I love the sound.

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
So you are enjoying your Flagship RX-A8A with no issues at all driving your Speakers huh? What's the Ohm rating of yours speakers 4 Ohm right? Doesn't matter, your lovely sounding RX-A8A has No problem whatsoever driving your Speakers. Not like some of the other new AVR's that'll clip or go into (Nanny) mode when driving a 4 Ohm load and end up only putting out 40 watts! :D
My speakers are all 8Ohms but the front height are 6. It’s temporary, was just a test

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
I'm running my A6A similarly: 2.1, Extra Bass on (to use the sub), front L/R set large. Enhancer off though. Mostly straight, or PureDirect for great recordings. Using the decoder in Auro3D for tracks that need ambience, and also for movies.
I really do like the crispness of the YPAO results. Logically it doesn't make sense to the purist in me, but I love the sound.
Ha ha ha we are a bit the same ! Pure sounds like the way to go for “fidelity” but once you have listen to room correction, even for 2.0 or 2.X it’s hard to stick to pure “lower internal distortion” as the sound separation and width are clearly not as good as with YPAO enabled.

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
Hey bro, well I went and pickup a PS4 limited edition yesterday. Any games you'd recommend for a old timer like me?
Assassin's Creed Syndicates XD It's the only game I have been working on for this console generation ;)
Actually Uncharted 4 and The Last of Us are Masterpieces

M

mtangh

Audiophyte
Can we have video through hdmi and audio from rca? I understand denon can allow the above to be done

P

pitoneux

Audiophyte
am i the only one (!) here that is still waiting to get their new yamaha rx-a6a ?! it’s been over 4 months now since i ordered… and still no sign of life for me (northern california)… wondering now if i will get the 2022 model… (any rumor about the release date?).

arg.

eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I am surprised you are using pure instead of straight for music. Unless your room is really acoustically perfect, the room correction brings a lot compared to pure that fit a narrower scene.
I am not surprised at all since I have NEVER used Auto Room Correction in all my years since I've never found ANY of them to improve anything for me anywhere I've been.

Some people like Auto Room EQ, some people don't.

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
I am not surprised at all since I have NEVER used Auto Room Correction in all my years since I've never found ANY of them to improve anything for me anywhere I've been.

Some people like Auto Room EQ, some people don't.
I would actually prefer to run pure, from a pure audiophile point of view. But with my room / listening position I think it's in MY room of course an improvement.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis