Yamaha AVENTAGE 2021 AV Receivers Bulk Up on Power and 8K Features

clone1008

clone1008

Full Audioholic
I play music at max level for 24h with a heater under the amp in order to get this warm enough. Then I think the fan would start to spin and I will be able to grind coffee beans, then adding water I am on something
Might as well go ahead and cook your eggs on top while you're at it. :p

A

Am_P

Full Audioholic
I play music at max level for 24h with a heater under the amp in order to get this warm enough. Then I think the fan would start to spin and I will be able to grind coffee beans, then adding water I am on something
If your receiver can't pour wine and churn out some fresh caviar, it's worth nothing...A dundundundunDenon can churn out the caviar like no other (put Caspian sea sturgeon to shame). DundundundunDenon can turn air into wine, make Jesus look like an amateur. Your Yamaha loses big time to dundundundunDenon.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Same here, been a Yammy fan myself, but after looking over ASR's finding Yamaha better clean their act up.
As far as Im concerned, Amir's tests on this unit are INCONCLUSIVE as this unit was a refurb and know one knows where it was done and what was done. I firmly believe this unit is NOT operating to the manufacturer's specifications based on the 120 Hz noise problem in the power supply. Non of the other Yamahas tested by ASR had that issue. Yamaha 's QC and build quality is better than that. This must be a new "design feature" Yamaha must have put in. Unfortunately, opinions are being formed on that thread without knowing ALL THE FACTS.

Last edited:
sollyemmy

sollyemmy

Enthusiast
Anyone who ordered from Best Buy during December 15 or December 16th get their AVR's yet? Did you get any update of the delays/ shipping etc? Just curious as i know quite a few people ordered it during that time frame. My status for A6A is "We're working on shipping this item. It's unlikely, but if your item isn't available by Fri, January 21, we'll issue a refund. " A6A was available (to add to cart) yesterday with delivery of February 1st week and it peaked my interest since older orders from December were not fulfilled yet.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Anyone who ordered from Best Buy during December 15 or December 16th get their AVR's yet? Did you get any update of the delays/ shipping etc? Just curious as i know quite a few people ordered it during that time frame. My status for A6A is "We're working on shipping this item. It's unlikely, but if your item isn't available by Fri, January 21, we'll issue a refund. " A6A was available (to add to cart) yesterday with delivery of February 1st week and it peaked my interest since older orders from December were not fulfilled yet.
Just can't keep up with demands - these AVR are flying off the shelves even before they reach the shelves. :D

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Just can't keep up with demands - these AVR are flying off the shelves even before they reach the shelves. :D
But but but....the hobby is dying...

Can you get actual shipment numbers from any of your contacts for Q4 of last year, or whatever you can get? I'd be interested to see how many units these companies actually sell.

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
Just checked Best Buy in Norwalk, CT. Website reads if ordered today, in store pickup on Jan 18th. Strange they are not taking care of older orders and just sitting on the cash...

clone1008

clone1008

Full Audioholic
Just checked Best Buy in Norwalk, CT. Website reads if ordered today, in store pickup on Jan 18th. Strange they are not taking care of older orders and just sitting on the cash...
What makes you think that the new orders will be shipped sooner than the older orders? The "in store pickup" will more than likely get pushed back with the same message later on.

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
What makes you think that the new orders will be shipped sooner than the older orders? The "in store pickup" will more than likely get pushed back with the same message later on.
I don't. One of two reasons why am not pulling the trigger. Also, you only get 15 days free return so will wait on Crutchfield.

S

sk11vengeance

Enthusiast
My A6A is on its way from Best Buy now, they finally shipped it today and should be here by this Friday. I am excited!

clone1008

clone1008

Full Audioholic
Strange they are not taking care of older orders and just sitting on the cash.
Do you seriously believe this? Are you aware that there are global supply chain issues? Are you aware that BB doesn't actually charge someone's card until the unit ships?

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
Strange they are not filling older orders first while taking new ones...Is the phrasing better?
Yes I am aware of the microchip supply chain issue. I am long STM and QCOM.
I am not in the know on BBs credit procedures. But I thank you for enlightening us all.

sollyemmy

sollyemmy

Enthusiast
My A6A is on its way from Best Buy now, they finally shipped it today and should be here by this Friday. I am excited!
congrats - when did you order it? did you get a shipping confirmation email and tracking number?

sollyemmy

sollyemmy

Enthusiast
This is what i do not understand - Right now on BB - they have the A6A to be delivered by Feb 3rd for some reason when they are not sure of the shipping/ availability of orders that were placed a month ago. I totally understand the delays/ logistics but why do they have to keep getting it "IN" and "OUT" of stock every few days when they are aware of of the delays and could basically keep it "OOS" until the existing orders are fulfilled. Do they expect a large shipment with more units than they have orders for already or are they just trying to cash in on the orders and sit on them until they can get hands on the units. This lack of transparency is ridiculous.

1642024021474.png

Attachments

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
This is what i do not understand - Right now on BB - they have the A6A to be delivered by Feb 3rd for some reason when they are not sure of the shipping/ availability of orders that were placed a month ago. I totally understand the delays/ logistics but why do they have to keep getting it "IN" and "OUT" of stock every few days when they are aware of of the delays and could basically keep it "OOS" until the existing orders are fulfilled. Do they expect a large shipment with more units than they have orders for already or are they just trying to cash in on the orders and sit on them until they can get hands on the units. This lack of transparency is ridiculous.

View attachment 53036
Agreed. Just checked BB again and the A6A is now no longer available in CT.
They should fill the older orders first. Ridiculous indeed.

clone1008

clone1008

Full Audioholic

View attachment 53036
These companies are filling up allotments they have been given by the manufacturer. When the next allotment comes out they fill it up again. They then ship them in the order in which they were pre-sold when they receive the units. They are at the mercy of not only the manufacturer shipping them but the shipping companies also. Remember these units are coming from over seas which is a logistical nightmare right now which is why you keep seeing the date change. What you are experiencing is exactly what the auto industry does with cars. The only difference is that a dealership requires an actual deposit when ordering a car.

Torqueflite

Torqueflite

Enthusiast
Ohm question. In the owners manual and on the unit itself the A4A it states that the rear and height speakers must be 8 ohms or higher. Thinking of getting new rear and matching height speakers but a lot of them seem to be 4 or 6 ohm. Is this as big a deal as is made out to be for this amp? Also how much do you who have height speakers enjoy them? Watched a video from some Polk engineers who claimed that all new speakers are 4 ohms anyway.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis