Yamaha AVENTAGE 2021 AV Receivers Bulk Up on Power and 8K Features

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I think list most AVR the fans are here for emergency. On my Denon AVC-A1D the fans weren't switching on very often. Only in summer hot days after a long period of use. And the Yamaha seems way cooler.
I was watching the national news weather last night and you guys up in Quebec under a severe snow storm warning. From that pic you sent me of your home under all that snow, sure hope you got a really good food supply stock.

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
I was watching the national news weather last night and you guys up in Quebec under a severe snow storm warning. From that pic you sent me of your home under all that snow, sure hope you got a really good food supply stock.
We are used to that. And while I didn't get the point of SUV awd cars while leaving in France, now I get it XD

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
In my opinion/experience, those sites, while useful for a quick comparison are typically not always accurate, and the subjective ratings are not very useful. It is better to stick with specs provided by manufactures owner manuals, and bench test results if a final purchase decision on a flag ship class AVR is going to be based on objective specs and measurements.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
In my opinion/experience, those sites, while useful for a quick comparison are typically not always accurate, and the subjective ratings are not very useful. It is better to stick with specs provided by manufactures owner manuals, and bench test results if a final purchase decision on a flag ship class AVR is going to be based on objective specs and measurements.
Most definitely @PENG it's just a comparison I don't know if it's accurate or not. I ran across that site the other day.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
What is the high-res music enhancer on the yammie? Why is it necessary beyond being capable of playing back hi-res music?

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
What is the high-res music enhancer on the yammie? Why is it necessary beyond being capable of playing back hi-res music?
I believe in my opinion it's a gimmick, just another upcovert thingy...

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I posted that up, so anyone wanting to do a side-by-side comparison. That site let you change up what ever AVR you want to compare. I figured posting that up would pull Fanboys in.:D

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Yeah I think it’s supposed to fill in missing bits due to compression. If it’s like “other” enhance mode thingys.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I posted that up, so anyone wanting to do a side-by-side comparison. That site let you change up what ever AVR you want to compare. I figured posting that up would pull Fanboys in.:D
Of course, it is very useful. My comments were meant to be a cautionary note only, and only apply to the final step of pressing the buy button.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis