Yamaha AVENTAGE 2021 AV Receivers Bulk Up on Power and 8K Features

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
What is the high-res music enhancer on the yammie? Why is it necessary beyond being capable of playing back hi-res music?
It provides a very subtle change to the tone. You can here the change when you switch back and forth between on and off. It's a matter of personal taste. I keep the enhancer and hi-res mode on myself. I think it adds a bit more clarity and dynamics.

AllenB

AllenB

Enthusiast
... I think I need better front speakers. So what’s about those B&W 803 D4…
Ah, the endless upgrade cycle. :)
I'm wondering whether the fact that I prefer Straight/PureDirect might be that my Center speaker isn't up to scratch. But it will have to stay there for now.

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
Ah, the endless upgrade cycle. :)
I'm wondering whether the fact that I prefer Straight/PureDirect might be that my Center speaker isn't up to scratch. But it will have to stay there for now.
It was purely a joke ;)
I am only listening music in Straight and I checked multiple times that my center and surround speakers were actually not driven as the sound stage is really wide and very well separated.

Majorusa

Majorusa

Junior Audioholic
It was purely a joke ;)
I am only listening music in Straight and I checked multiple times that my center and surround speakers were actually not driven as the sound stage is really wide and very well separated.
I can confirm that I did the same thing. Huge soundstage in stereo. Almost as wide as the V6A with DSP.

VASKION

VASKION

Audioholic
Would be nice if someone else did a Real review like what Gene has done. Be good to do a side by side of spec's between the results.
Yeah, but these AVRs got so damn hard to find these days, you know. Seems like it is easier to get the measurement equipment than the AVR itself :D

Last edited:
AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
Would be nice if someone else did a Real review like what Gene has done. Be good to do a side by side of spec's between the results.
Do you know, by any chance, where is the post in which a member asked about HDMI 2.1 chips?

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Do you know, by any chance, where is the post in which a member asked about HDMI 2.1 chips?
Not that I can remember, since the bad chip thing came out many have popped in and out on this thread.

VASKION

VASKION

Audioholic
@Replicant 7 replied to him something along the line: "...ask your friend @AVR Enthu about chips"
Could it be one of these:
And these are all posts where he mentioned 'Enthu' or at least what the search got me:

Last edited:
Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
@Replicant 7 replied to him something along the line: "...ask your friend @AVR Enthu about chips"
Hum, what's about the 2.1 bad chip issue? other than Panasonic messed up, Yamaha, Denon didn't verify. As far as in, anything in particular? But for the defective chip, nothing in particular really interest me but I don't follow.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Found it, it was @ryanosaur who asked in 2021 Denon thread. I answered in the post #20
Nov. 10th, about the A2A I sent back for refund. A member asked about if the A2A had Hi-reg mode, other than that? I see now that wasn't in response to one of my post. A member recommend ed you to another member about the 2.1.

Last edited:
Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Of course you did. Swapping a board on A2A just to receive an underwhelming solution was not a good option.
What's your point? Looks like your looking on the wrong thread. But I see you found what you where looking for

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis