Yamaha AVENTAGE 2021 AV Receivers Bulk Up on Power and 8K Features

Majorusa

Majorusa

Junior Audioholic
My wife says I have to remove the rear surrounds when not in use. Makes sense as the boys (4 and 6) will knock them over. Thanks for banana plugs. That's where the scene is going to come in handy. One for 7.2.4 and another for 5.2.4
Nice setup! My wife would kick me out for those cables on the floor. Plus, these will be picked up by the rotative brush of the robot vacuum. Removing the speakers presents a new challenge. Usually, after calibration one is not suppose to move or to change the position of the speakers. You must put some marks on the floor to be able to place them every time in the same position.
Because of cables, my speakers are in the middle of the room but on the sides of a piece of furniture, a bar. I envy the ones that have the possibility to put the speakers farther from the couch!

Last edited:
OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
IMO biamp is a waste so if that frees up some possibilities start there.
Also, imo you’d get a much better experience by going .4 Atmos, and where your current “heights” are, they’re too close to the mains and should be higher, if not on the ceiling.
I moved my front presence to get them higher but it's still not like ceiling speakers ;)
1637082035598.png

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
One thing I learned about the new series of Yamaha that I find really disaapointing is that they no longer support a single surround back speaker.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
One thing I learned about the new series of Yamaha that I find really disaapointing is that they no longer support a single surround back speaker.
I have some DTS 5.1 Discs that are encoded for a Rear Center, rather than Front Center. I do not find that the upmixer parsing that signal to the Rear Surrounds is detrimental to my enjoyment. And while I would love to experiment with a Rear Center, it is definitely a Speaker Position that is largely being [has been] phased out.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I proud of all the work, boys. We got this tubby b1tch of a thread up over 51 pages, all without the review! Imagine how far we can push this once we have @gene ’s post mortem to dissect!
Good point. Whats to talk about besides numbers?

For years, we just mainly talk about numbers - SNR, Crosstalk, THD, FR, etc. So once we have some actual numbers, it will surely extend this thread by another 150 pages. :D

J

jakkedtide

Audioholic
Nice setup! My wife would kick me out for those cables on the floor. Plus, these will be picked up by the rotative brush of the robot vacuum. Removing the speakers presents a new challenge. Usually, after calibration one is not suppose to move or to change the position of the speakers. You must put some marks on the floor to be able to place them every time in the same position.
Because of cables, my speakers are in the middle of the room but on the sides of a piece of furniture, a bar. I envy the ones that have the possibility to put the speakers farther from the couch!
I have them lined up with the floor and couch so I will know where to put them. I know it's not ideal but it's a trade off I have to take.

Last edited:
Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Good point. Whats to talk about besides numbers?

For years, we just mainly talk about numbers - SNR, Crosstalk, THD, FR, etc. So once we have some actual numbers, it will surely extend this thread by another 150 pages. :D
Yep, gotta bunch of vultures been buzzing around, just waiting for Gene's numbers to post up on the A6A, gotta feeling it's gonna be a feeding frenzy on Yamaha. :D Meat is back on the menu boys!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Yep, gotta bunch of vultures been buzzing around, just waiting for Gene's numbers to post up on the A6A, gotta feeling it's gonna be a feeding frenzy on Yamaha. :D Meat is back on the menu boys!
Yep. It doesn't matter if THD+N of 0.1% is inaudible. If THD+N isn't at least 0.003% at 4V (Yamaha CX-A5100 0.003%, Denon X8500 0.0007%), it's Yamaha for dinner. :D

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
Yep. It doesn't matter if THD+N of 0.1% is inaudible. If THD+N isn't at least 0.003% at 4V (Yamaha CX-A5100 0.003%, Denon X8500 0.0007%), it's Yamaha for dinner. :D
You are right, if it's not 0.0000000000000001% I will return my A8A. My cats have good ears so they may hear this awful distortion at 40khz ;)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
You are right, if it's not 0.0000000000000001% I will return my A8A. My cats have good ears so they may hear this awful distortion at 40khz ;)
Hey, don't you boys laugh at these THD+N numbers! I sell plenty of Denon X8500's because of that 0.0007% THD+N. :D

Every additional "0" after the decimal point means an additional $100 in profit. :eek: :D

Last edited:
William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I moved my front presence to get them higher but it's still not like ceiling speakers ;)
View attachment 51548
I was thinking if you were so inclined to try and go to the ceiling, something like this.

Or even a diy option with galvanized pipe and fittings for a drop down kind of thing. Or something like this.

I would also look at professional style hanging solutions as there are countless venues that have hanging speakers.
Another option could be pendant speakers, but it’s always cheaper to use what you have.
I’m not saying your Atmos experience is horrible as is. But it sure could be better!
Just trying to offer some solutions. Nice room btw.

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
I was thinking if you were so inclined to try and go to the ceiling, something like this.

Or even a diy option with galvanized pipe and fittings for a drop down kind of thing. Or something like this.

I would also look at professional style hanging solutions as there are countless venues that have hanging speakers.
Another option could be pendant speakers, but it’s always cheaper to use what you have.
I’m not saying your Atmos experience is horrible as is. But it sure could be better!
Just trying to offer some solutions. Nice room btw.
I don't want to ruin the look of my living room so if one day I figure out how to put four speakers in my ceiling, the should be integrated. And with the ceiling slope, the wood, the impossibility to run wires in walls, I don't think it will be possible

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I don't want to ruin the look of my living room so if one day I figure out how to put four speakers in my ceiling, the should be integrated. And with the ceiling slope, the wood, the impossibility to run wires in walls, I don't think it will be possible
I had a feeling that looks would be important. I can certainly appreciate that. Hiding wires is pretty easy imo, but hiding speakers is not. Lol

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
To all the new Yamaha owners (A4, A6, A8), how's the Web Interface Remote?

I heard that although the AV Controller has been moved to the MusicCast app, the Web Interface Remote has also been beefed up.

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
To all the new Yamaha owners (A4, A6, A8), how's the Web Interface Remote?

I heard that although the AV Controller has been moved to the MusicCast app, the Web Interface Remote has also been beefed up.
My only favorite in Chrome
1637091103444.png

The web interface is really clean and nice. I maybe miss some informations about what means some of the button (like "Recall" functionality) but that's me, I am quite new to modern AVR and I am the kind of guy that will never read a manual :p
1637091242635.png

sollyemmy

sollyemmy

Enthusiast
just a QQ - who else is waiting for their receiver after they have placed the preorder? i have been waiting 3+ months and still no ETA as of today after my chat with the rep.

Any others have luck out there? I Ordered A6A from B&H Photo on August 10, 2021 ..

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
My only favorite in Chrome
View attachment 51551
The web interface is really clean and nice. I maybe miss some informations about what means some of the button (like "Recall" functionality) but that's me, I am quite new to modern AVR and I am the kind of guy that will never read a manual :p
View attachment 51552
That's pretty much all I need for the remote - Power on/off, Input Change, DSP Mode.

If I could do all 3 of these with MusicCast app, I would just use the MusicCast app. :D

Can you also stream music using the web interface? I can also stream music using my AV Controller.

Last edited:
OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
just a QQ - who else is waiting for their receiver after they have placed the preorder? i have been waiting 3+ months and still no ETA as of today after my chat with the rep.

Any others have luck out there? I Ordered on August 10, 2021 ..
I you are in north America shouldn't be long, I ordered mine August 28 and got it last Monday.

On another topic, should I / which one ?

SVS PB2000 Pro 1499CAD + tx
SVS PB3000 2199CAD + tx
Paradigm Defiance X15 1899CAD + tx

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi

Any others have luck out there? I Ordered on August 10, 2021 ..
For the A6 and A8? I heard some people are waiting a long time. The A2 and A4 are much quicker.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis