Yamaha AVENTAGE 2021 AV Receivers Bulk Up on Power and 8K Features

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Her eis my set up. I got the speakers all configured now have to try to set up the scenes. All the speakers have to be broken in and receiver too so in a bit everything will sound much better.

My wife says I have to remove the rear surrounds when not in use. Makes sense as the boys (4 and 6) will knock them over. Thanks for banana plugs. That's where the scene is going to come in handy. One for 7.2.4 and another for 5.2.4
Got All them speaker boxes lite up!! Nice setup man!

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
Her eis my set up. I got the speakers all configured now have to try to set up the scenes. All the speakers have to be broken in and receiver too so in a bit everything will sound much better.

My wife says I have to remove the rear surrounds when not in use. Makes sense as the boys (4 and 6) will knock them over. Thanks for banana plugs. That's where the scene is going to come in handy. One for 7.2.4 and another for 5.2.4
Nice setup. I am still questioning myself about ceiling speakers. Right now as I am using bi amp I can only do 7.X.2, but would it worth to go full Atmos with a 7.x.4 knowing until now I have no idea on how to put some ceiling speakers in my room.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Nice setup. I am still questioning myself about ceiling speakers. Right now as I am using bi amp I can only do 7.X.2, but would it worth to go full Atmos with a 7.x.4 knowing until now I have no idea on how to put some ceiling speakers in my room.
You got this bro! Man nice homes like you guys have I'd find a way for full Atmos! Plus have a Lil Popcorn machine on the side, umm some movie memorabilia on the walls, yeah smooth man

J

jakkedtide

Audioholic
I would do Atmos, honestly not much difference between 7.2.4 and 5.2.4. If I would pick between 4 Atmos or surround back/rear I would go atmos

J

jakkedtide

Audioholic
Got All them speaker boxes lite up!! Nice setup man!
Do you think my rear speakers are the right distance away from the couch? Or further back. Right now they are basically under my Atmos. I did my best placing my Atmos ceiling speakers due to duct work and other poop in the ceiling lol but pretty damn close to perfect placement

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Do you think my rear speakers are the right distance away from the couch? Or further back. Right now they are basically under my Atmos. I did my best placing my Atmos ceiling speakers due to duct work and other poop in the ceiling lol but pretty damn close to perfect placement
Yeah, the rear surrounds look good where there at for me always. But umm, ask the lil Lady of the house if you can put up invisible force field around the surrounds so when your lil munchies, get close just knocks them down but not too hard. I can about see the look in your wife's eyes now :oops:

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Have you given any thoughts to maybe putting your back surrounds on those columns? They got some nice speakers mounts that would work I believe.

clone1008

clone1008

Full Audioholic
Have you given any thoughts to maybe putting your back surrounds on those columns? They got some nice speakers mounts that would work I believe.
My thoughts exactly!!! I'd be all over those columns for a clean permanent setup. I'm too anal with calibration to be moving those rears all the time...:oops:

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
My thoughts exactly!!! I'd be all over those columns for a clean permanent setup. I'm too anal with calibration to be moving those rears all the time...:oops:
I think that’s a good idea too.

Also, imo the side surrounds should come down a little bit. I don’t think there would be enough separation between the bed and height layers.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah, looks like an ideal place to mount them. About 1 ft above ear level. Be just high enough so his lil munchies don't hit their heads on them. I call my grandchildren lil munchies cause they are! Eating everything up!! Lol

J

jakkedtide

Audioholic

Also, imo the side surrounds should come down a little bit. I don’t think there would be enough separation between the bed and height layers.
Yeah I wanted to put them a bit higher than stands but I know what you are saying. The guy at the store said 2 ft above ear level.

My rears can't go on the columns, there would not be enough seperstion between sides and rear. They would basically be the same speaker.

Would everyone lower the side surrounds??? That is give its an Atmos track, if it's not then they should be even higher.

They are around 5 1/2 ft off the ground I think

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai

Top of the morning to you bro!! Where's the rest of our minions at? Bet most still having coffee.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
IMO biamp is a waste so if that frees up some possibilities start there.
Also, imo you’d get a much better experience by going .4 Atmos, and where your current “heights” are, they’re too close to the mains and should be higher, if not on the ceiling.

clone1008

clone1008

Full Audioholic
Yeah I wanted to put them a bit higher than stands but I know what you are saying. The guy at the store said 2 ft above ear level.

My rears can't go on the columns, there would not be enough seperstion between sides and rear. They would basically be the same speaker.

Would everyone lower the side surrounds??? That is give its an Atmos track, if it's not then they should be even higher.

I would lower the side surrounds and use those back columns for a nice clean setup and be done.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord

It’s hard to tell from the pics but you make sense by saying they’re wouldn’t be enough separation from the sides.
For the sides, yeah you want them at or just above ear height. For pre Atmos systems higher was better, like maybe 6’ but Atmos changed that. Plus! For legacy tracks, DSU and DTSnx are great for giving an immersive experience.
So the guy from the store was right, but outdated.

J

jakkedtide

Audioholic
It’s hard to tell from the pics but you make sense by saying they’re wouldn’t be enough separation from the sides.
For the sides, yeah you want them at or just above ear height. For pre Atmos systems higher was better, like maybe 6’ but Atmos changed that. Plus! For legacy tracks, DSU and DTSnx are great for giving an immersive experience.
So the guy from the store was right, but outdated.
Yeah I will see if I can lower it a bit. So ideally how many feet off the ground should they be?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Yeah I will see if I can lower it a bit. So ideally how many feet off the ground should they be?
I wouldn’t think of it as “how far off the ground”. But more like how far above ear height. Also there’s this.

Surround height(h2)should be no more than mains height(h1) times 1.25. So for a tweeter height on the mains at 40” that puts the surrounds tweeter at 50”. Considering if you have multiple viewers, going a little higher can be beneficial to clear their heads, but if the ceiling is too low, then you lose the angle. So like everything, there’s trade offs.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I proud of all the work, boys. We got this tubby b1tch of a thread up over 51 pages, all without the review! Imagine how far we can push this once we have @gene ’s post mortem to dissect!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis