Yamaha RX-V6A/TSR-700 views?

X

Xerith

Junior Audioholic
Maybe it has a nicer GUI? I still say their receivers are overpriced for what they are. They are riding the HDMI 2.1 coat tail for all its worth. They need to focus on fixing the compatibility issues with the V4 and V6 receivers before they start releasing new models. Or maybe that’s why it’s priced higher because it actually works like it should?

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
"Maybe it has a nicer GUI?" :D Thanks, I actually laughed at that one. Good stuff.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Same story though on most features as they are not ready and will be available with a future firmware update.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Well as of now my 2nd, RX-V6A is all good
no issues. But than I don't have a Apple TV or Gaming Box so can't say about "banding"
It has been on over 18 hours a day some days 24 hours I leave it on for Netradio. Just waiting for the Future firmware to come.

XenoChron

XenoChron

Audioholic
Does anyone know when they release firmware update for these things if there are release notes anywhere? I looked for the 1.23 firmware notes and couldn't find any. More curious than anything.

Also, I'll bite, what the heck is the diff between A2A and V6A? The look identical and specs are the same from what I can tell.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Comparing the RX-A2A and TSR-700, I don't think the difference is worth twice the price. There is no real date on the firmware updates. $800 for an incomplete feature set and faulty chips is a no go for me.

D

D4v3

Enthusiast
Well, I've been living the the V6A for a week now and really not that impressed with it. Been having tons of problems in particular with the sub outs and having a lot of audio drop out issues while gaming over PC.

I'm not sure if there is a bug in the firmware but the sub outs are really hit and miss. Yesterday they wouldn't work no matter what settings I had until I toggled the Enhancer option on and off under DSP/Surround, for whatever reason.

While gaming over a PC the sound just drop out constantly, seemingly at random. Also getting a lot of instances where the video cuts out or screen just goes black.

The sound out of this receiver isn't really impressing me either. It's clean and all but it lacks punch, just sounds a little too reserved. The sound stage it produces is a little narrow, you can clearly tell the sound is coming from each speaker instead ohaving a wide sound field. It just doesn't have that wow factor to it's sound, I think my old Onkyo sounded better and punchier.

I gotta learn to listen to my gut.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Well, that's too bad. I hated the hassle of taking things apart again and returning the one I purchased but it was just too buggy and not a pleasure to use anymore.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Well, I've been living the the V6A for a week now and really not that impressed with it. Been having tons of problems in particular with the sub outs and having a lot of audio drop out issues while gaming over PC.

I'm not sure if there is a bug in the firmware but the sub outs are really hit and miss. Yesterday they wouldn't work no matter what settings I had until I toggled the Enhancer option on and off under DSP/Surround, for whatever reason.

While gaming over a PC the sound just drop out constantly, seemingly at random. Also getting a lot of instances where the video cuts out or screen just goes black.

The sound out of this receiver isn't really impressing me either. It's clean and all but it lacks punch, just sounds a little too reserved. The sound stage it produces is a little narrow, you can clearly tell the sound is coming from each speaker instead ohaving a wide sound field. It just doesn't have that wow factor to it's sound, I think my old Onkyo sounded better and punchier.

I gotta learn to listen to my gut.
Does not play well with other's, :D seems like these new Yamahas don't do well with gamers or Apple tvs. Frustrating most definitely for gamers. Mine is kicking a$$, no issues sounds really good, very detailed sounding avr.:D
17DDDE91-9638-4817-A02A-F3E6DFD2B085.jpeg
0DC1BB6E-3874-4A21-A387-6029495DDDB7.jpeg

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Set those things to small and turn the enhancer off before I lose my s#%t!:eek:

D

D4v3

Enthusiast
Similar to how I have mine set up now. My speakers are large, 200w towers up front, and I find if you set the mt osmall they just sound whimpy, if you don't turn double bass on with large fronts it just won't use the subs at all. If you set everything to small and double bass off the speakers sound weak and the bass feels disjointed and the whole system lacks any punch at all. Unfortunately, with large and double bass you do get some bass distortion at loud levels.

The sound out of this is smooth and etailed but it just has no punch, no inpact. My old Onkyo you would feel it in your gut, it would shake the windows, this is just whimpy.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
what the heck is the diff between A2A and V6A?
The RX-A2 (MSRP $800) is supposed to replace the RX-A880 (MSRP $900)

The RX-V6 (MSRP $600) is supposed to replace RX-V685 (MSRP $650)

Their specs look pretty much identical, except the A2 has 3YR warranty vs 2YR warranty of the V6.

Unless somebody opens them up and do a forensic comparison on all the parts, we probably won't know what the difference is. :D

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
“Hey Beaver, look!” “Knock it off Larry!” “But Beaver, there’s only one left!” “F#%kin’ Larry!”:mad:
60B6D1A9-1F80-44F8-AE77-B416375AEA84.jpeg

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis