Yamaha RX-V6A/TSR-700 views?

T

TechToys2

Audioholic
Processing? Who the f#%k said anything about processing? How about just passing on the video signal without f#%kin' it up?:p
Speaking of which, on my Marantz, should I be turning the default video conversion setting to off?

Screen Shot 2020-11-04 at 3.25.23 PM.png

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
That's funny. After I wrote 20dB Noise, I was going to go back and say 18dB Noise EACH fan. :D
You do know that the scale is logarithmic, with all that entails :D

So even if each fan is adding 15dB of Noise, that's still noise you are adding. And it's still silent. But so are all of these components being measured on ASR - all their numbers are 100% silent and inaudible. :D
I can't hear the added noise from the very quiet fans, does it matter? I added two fans to pull out a little heat and reduced the RPM so I could not hear them a few feet away.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Speaking of which, on my Marantz, should I be turning the default video conversion setting to off?

View attachment 41301
Having it on will convert analog video connections to HDMI so they can be output via HDMI to TV.. If you don't have any analog devices connected, you can turn it off. Not sure which model you are using so making a guess as things may have changed since I had my last Denon.

T

TechToys2

Audioholic
Having it on will convert analog video connections to HDMI so they can be output via HDMI to TV.. If you don't have any analog devices connected, you can turn it off. Not sure which model you are using so making a guess as things may have changed since I had my last Denon.
Thanks. It's a Marantz SR6014. I don't have analog devices so I guess it doesn't matter either way. I guess I am trying to understand if the video pass through without receiver processing is something that is done by default or if there is some setting I need to change to ensure that the TV and not the receiver handles the processing?

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Thanks. It's a Marantz SR6014. I don't have analog devices so I guess it doesn't matter either way. I guess I am trying to understand if the video pass through without receiver processing is something that is done by default or if there is some setting I need to change to ensure that the TV and not the receiver handles the processing?
Set i/p scaler to OFF if you want the TV to handle upscaling. It should be OFF by default. Resolution should be set to AUTO by default.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Why not the TSR-700?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I don't have a membership at Costco, and there is one about 20 miles from where I live. Plus they went back up to 599 price.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
No, you just did not want to put three 120mm fans on top of your AVR. :D
Well you got a point, it really was about what I could Afford. I just ordered a pair of RTi a1's that will complete my whole set of RTi's,
RTi a5's with the CSi 6 center channel. I had to get another TV stand cause I thought the center would fit on my old stand but It just barely fit in I couldn't remove the grill once I put center speaker in. Dam thing is huge! So now I got enough left over for extra's like upgrade speaker cable's or something else.
439015C4-493B-4605-B74D-BE545B6E10EA.jpeg
701B4453-321D-48EA-B3B0-D078E77EC8D3.jpeg

Last edited:
G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
I’m trying to decide between a Sony str-dh790 and a str-dn1080. Local Best Buy has both of them. I know the 1080 has a lot of bling the 790 doesn’t. Any other receivers I should be looking at around that same price range? My current speakers are 8 ohms 140w.
Pickings are getting very slim to none! Unless you wanta spend upwards of 2k or more plenty of those that the rich and famous buy all the time. Them new Yamaha AVR's are going as fast as they get them in. Denon and Marantz are getting to be slim pickings also. It just really came down for me as I didn't want to spend close to 1k on a AVR I've spent soooo much on AVR's in the past 10 years I could've got a nice use car or truck. Just wanted a Modest set up that's good enough not trying to chase the last one percent anymore.

Last edited:
B

bommai

Audioholic Intern
I don't have a membership at Costco, and there is one about 20 miles from where I live. Plus they went back up to 599 price.
It is $399 online right now.

B

bommai

Audioholic Intern
I will see if I should be concerned. Today I could get get our wii to play properly via receiver. I have it connected through a hdmi adapter. It worked fine last weekend but today it cuts in and out. Nothing changed.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Exactly, all I want my AVR to do is pass through the signal as is wether it's 1080p, 4k or HDR
Yep....but would be nice to see how clean that pass-thru is I suppose....if his gear has that capability....

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
Yep....but would be nice to see how clean that pass-thru is I suppose....if his gear has that capability....
Yep, definitely. The 3060 passes through a pristine 4k image. Obviously all video processing is turned off.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yep, definitely. The 3060 passes through a pristine 4k image. Obviously all video processing is turned off.
The hope would be on pass-thru that the signal would be minimally affected....but what's an acceptable range even?

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
The hope would be on pass-thru that the signal would be minimally affected....but what's an acceptable range even?
Yeah that's a good question, I guess an acceptable range would be that you can't tell the difference between running your video through an AVR or direct to your TV. I'm not a measurements guy at all.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Well you got a point, it really was about what I could Afford. I just ordered a pair of RTi a1's that will complete my whole set of RTi's,
RTi a5's with the CSi 6 center channel. I had to get another TV stand cause I thought the center would fit on my old stand but It just barely fit in I couldn't remove the grill once I put center speaker in. Dam thing is huge! So now I got enough left over for extra's like upgrade speaker cable's or something else.
View attachment 41310View attachment 41311
Looking good. As soon as you get those 2 Atmos speakers installed and enjoy all those awesome Atmos movies (like Oblivion), you are absolutely complete! :D

Then it will no longer be about finding that great system. It will be about finding all the great movies, TV shows (GOT 4K Atmos), and Music (NeuralX).

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis