Yamaha AVENTAGE 2021 AV Receivers Bulk Up on Power and 8K Features

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
So it's a Sony OLED right? Their 65 A90J is on my short list. 4 months to go. It'll be mine!!
I was seriously considering the A80J as it supports Sony's Bravia service and DTS audio. But, I couldn't get over Sony f#%king up the video portion regarding gaming. It's a mess. They gimped it to f#%k over XBOX Series S/X owners and even PS5 owners have to do without a bit. Not cool. The 77" C1 is currently priced to make it the best featured large TV for the money as far as I'm concerned. But, that's just me and others will have different wants and needs for their TV that may lead them in another direction.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Think likely the AVRs (Like other smart devices) report back over the internet to the manufacturer what inputs you are using. So they would be aware many people only use a few HDMI ports. Or if most folks don’t use the zone 2 HDMI feature.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Think likely the AVRs (Like other smart devices) report back over the internet to the manufacturer what inputs you are using. So they would be aware many people only use a few HDMI ports. Or if most folks don’t use the zone 2 HDMI feature.
Right! I'm sure they are spoofing our data for sure. I gotta agree to use the Google Android apps on my TV. Cause if I don't agree can't use the smart cast. So more than likely any AVR that's Internet connected is reporting back to the manufacturers.

Last edited:
AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
Anonymous functional data collection MUST be explicitly agreed to by owners. So, vendors would go to court if they do not display an agreement and tick box allowing them to collect data about ports used, etc. Have you ever seen such message on AVR? If not, they are unlikely to collect data without your knowledge.

If they still do it without us knowing, it's a Pegasus-like situation and this is class action law suit. No ifs, no buts.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Nah they stealing our info, they all do. You gotta opt-out, from "don't sell my info" and then maybe. AH sells your info and tracks everything you do on here. It's just business. It's called "cookies" plus 3rd party cookies.

AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
Nah they stealing our info, they all do. You gotta opt-out, from "don't sell my info" and then maybe. AH sells your info and tracks everything you do on here. It's just business. It's called "cookies" plus 3rd party cookies.
There are good anti-cookie defenders out there... ;-)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
@AcuDefTechGuy have you heard any news/rumours about Yamaha introducing new V4A/V6A/A2A models this year? They were announced 2020 August so there is good chance end of summer perhaps. Denon will be introducing some new models later that is certain.
I have not heard. They don't usually send me emails on new models until about 1 - 3 months prior to release.

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
There are PLENTY of other problems in life to address other than not having 3 HDMI ports with 4K/120Hz, etc.

Like buying my 5th house in Southern California or new Lexus. Who cares about some damn AVR? :D

I don't trust any company 100%. Obviously there are pros and cons to every brand. It comes down to which brand/model benefits you the most. Buy those brands.

5YR Warranty - check
Free shipping to Yamaha if I need warranty repair - check
Great Customer Support - check
WiFi Remote App that works 100% of the the time even when home internet is down - check
Operates at a cooler temperature - check
Considered to be one of the most reliable - check
Pride of ownership - check
5 houses and new Lexus, sucks to be you huh, LOL. How bout slidin me one of those spare A6a's on the I, I will gladly pay you Tuesday. :D

Majorusa

Majorusa

Junior Audioholic
I was having this issue of intermittent sound on Apple TV 4K but only when playing Apple TV+ movies in Dolby Atmos. From time to time there were 1-2 seconds of total silence. The 1.65 update did not resolve this issue.
A workaround was to disable Atmos from the Apple TV sound settings and play 5.1 using the Yamaha DSP or another upmixer. But Amos was way better.
After the 1.65 update, I had another issue with my Blu-ray Player LG UBK90 that was showing garbled colors when playing Dolby Vision content.
I mentioned these two issues because, as unlikely as it may look, both have the same solution. Change the HDCP from Auto to 1.4 in the HDMI section of settings.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
5 houses and new Lexus, sucks to be you huh, LOL. How bout slidin me one of those spare A6a's on the I, I will gladly pay you Tuesday. :D
Yeah right! Andrew's pharmacy job that's his side job. I bet when he gets home, he sits in his dedicated home theater room smoking one of them big Cuban cigars. Hey Andrew, you still gonna have that 50% off sale this June on them ATi amps right? @AcuDefTechGuy ;)

Last edited:
Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I was having this issue of intermittent sound on Apple TV 4K but only when playing Apple TV+ movies in Dolby Atmos. From time to time there were 1-2 seconds of total silence. The 1.65 update did not resolve this issue.
A workaround was to disable Atmos from the Apple TV sound settings and play 5.1 using the Yamaha DSP or another upmixer. But Amos was way better.
After the 1.65 update, I had another issue with my Blu-ray Player LG UBK90 that was showing garbled colors when playing Dolby Vision content.
I mentioned these two issues because, as unlikely as it may look, both have the same solution. Change the HDCP from Auto to 1.4 in the HDMI section of settings.
I've always had a 1,2 second delay of audio when switching sources. But that's been the case with any AVR I've owned.

Majorusa

Majorusa

Junior Audioholic
I've always had a 1,2 second delay of audio when switching sources. But that's been the case with any AVR I've owned.
Me too, but what I was taking about was 1-2 seconds of lack of sound, random, once every 3 to 6 minutes while I was watching a movie in Dolby Atmos. Different situation.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
That sounds like a cable issue. Are you using at least 18gbps certified cables? Setting the HDCP to 1.4 is a step backward and you need it at Auto as we are at HDCP version 2.3. It's not a bad idea to go all out with Ultra Certified 40gbps cables at this point to avoid any issues and for any next gen gaming consoles or PCs depending on the TV used in the setup.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Forgot to mention that even if cables are good, not enabling UHD HDR passthrough in the HDMI ports on the TV will also cause issues when connecting to an AVR that is passing UHD HDR from connected devices. Different TVs have different designations for the feature.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Me too, but what I was taking about was 1-2 seconds of lack of sound, random, once every 3 to 6 minutes while I was watching a movie in Dolby Atmos. Different situation.
Oh I see now, I miss understood my bad bro.

Padinn

Padinn

Junior Audioholic
Anyone having any issues with rare video and audio drop outs using an Xbox series x at 120hz on the newest 1.65 firmware? For me happens most using YouTube app.

G

Golfx

Full Audioholic
These intermittent audio dropouts are a ubiquitous issue with Apple TV 4K and atmos streams. There is a 24 page forum below on apple support regarding this same issue regardless of AVR or AVP. Still no seeming urgency for apple to fix it.

You can switch to Roku ultra but they have a HDCP warning page bug that they have not fixed.

Your downgrading to 5.1 then upmixing using your AVR is about the only solution other than using native apps on your TV then using eARC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Padinn

Padinn

Junior Audioholic
That sounds like a cable issue. Are you using at least 18gbps certified cables? Setting the HDCP to 1.4 is a step backward and you need it at Auto as we are at HDCP version 2.3. It's not a bad idea to go all out with Ultra Certified 40gbps cables at this point to avoid any issues and for any next gen gaming consoles or PCs depending on the TV used in the setup.
I've got zeskit certified 2.1 cables. I'll check hdcp

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
I did read elsewhere about the Apple TV 4K Gen 2 audio issue. Still using a Gen 1 here. The Roku Ultra HDCP issue is a new one. I’ve never had an issue with it. Though, 24Hz playback on Disney+ does not work and the HBO MAX app decided to give up on Dolby Vision and does not support 24Hz playback either. Flip between TV apps and the Apple TV 4K these days.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis