Yamaha AVENTAGE 2021 AV Receivers Bulk Up on Power and 8K Features

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I want an AVR that gives "Peace of Mind" no more issues and bugs.
You would have to wait for the 2nd or 3rd Generation of AVR.

Like my Yamaha RX-A3080 (8th generation?), which my Yamaha CX-A5100 was built on. :D

There are so many brands and apps out there that compatible is an understandable issue.

I bet Yamaha won't even release their new AVP to replace the CX-A5200 until the 3rd new generation of AVR.

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
I am not sure about what I am writing but linear “power supply” seems to also be something that can improve efficiency. I think one Anthem amp is built with this tech.

AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
I bet Yamaha won't even release their new AVP to replace the CX-A5200 until the 3rd new generation of AVR.
There are early birds of third gen HDMI chips, in new Anthem AVM90. I hope this 48 Gbps chip, if true, will be adopted more widely in H2 2022 and 2023.

clone1008

clone1008

Full Audioholic
I'd like to see something like what Rotel has with their 1580. 150 @ 8 Ohms X 7 channels of continuous output.
You're off a bit....
RAP-1580MKII
Continuous Power Output
200W/Ch (2 channels driven, 4Ω)
140W/Ch (7 channels driven, 4Ω)
135W/Ch (2 channels driven, 8Ω)
100W/Ch (7 channels driven, 8Ω)

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
You're off a bit....
RAP-1580MKII
Continuous Power Output
200W/Ch (2 channels driven, 4Ω)
140W/Ch (7 channels driven, 4Ω)
135W/Ch (2 channels driven, 8Ω)
100W/Ch (7 channels driven, 8Ω)
@clone1008 thanks for the correction. Still 100 X 7 is Stout! By the way I was lurking over on AVS forums saw your profile over there. You've been a member since 2008 over there! Glad you decided to hang out over here also!

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Im not a gamer so the HDMI issue wont affect me. Someone is selling a used a RX-V6A for $750 which I was seriously considering. The seller is claiming that he got the new HDMI 2.1 boards installed but I know that is a crock of horse bollocks. The reason I was going to get it is to replace a fully functional bug free Yamaha RX-V1900. The chassis of the two units are very similar and almost identical in height so I could slide the RX-V6A into the shelfing unit without having to modify it. But I think I will hold off until Yamaha get's their act together. Its fustrating to see Yamaha behave like this.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Im not a gamer so the HDMI issue wont affect me. Someone is selling a used a RX-V6A for $750 which I was seriously considering. The seller is claiming that he got the new HDMI 2.1 boards installed but I know that is a crock of horse bollocks. The reason I was going to get it is to replace a fully functional bug free Yamaha RX-V1900. The chassis of the two units are very similar and almost identical in height so I could slide the RX-V6A into the shelfing unit without having to modify it. But I think I will hold off until Yamaha get's their act together. Its fustrating to see Yamaha behave like this.
Don't get that V6A at that price! Way to much for that AVR. I paid way less for a new one last year. A trusted dealer is the way to go!;) When Yamaha does decide to unlock all of the 7, 2.1 HDMI ports it'll be a go to AVR for gamers for sure. Like you I'm really not a gamer, I do have a PS4, I have one game, lol use that PS4 for mostly chatting with my grandchildren and to send messages to them. I picked it up used for 200 bucks. But @3db, get with @AcuDefTechGuy if your interested in a new AVR, be it Yamaha, Denon or Marantz. One last thing brother, I'd recommend nothing under the RX-A4A from Yamaha. Not that you wouldn't be happy with the RX-A2A and down, it's just that the A4A and up are in a whole other league of AVR over their A2A and down. Even with the HDMI's still locked, when Yamaha does finally unlock the port's it may be worth the wait. But as you many know already Denon has the 2.1 unlocked out the box, but it's only one 2.1 port, that I know of.

Last edited:
C

chapp

Audioholic
Audio Atmos dropping with A8A and Apple TV 4K ... UPDATE. I have been trying some trouble shooting with the ATV and believe that it is the problem. There are multitude of users online posting the very issue (s) and it seems that Apple has been doing nothing but sitting on their ass. Anyway, I compared some settings with the 2nd Gen ATV with the prior Gen and changed some settings. So far it appears to be better, but I am keeping my fingers crossed. This may not be an issue of the Yamaha A8A??? hopefully.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
So basically all the problems are with STREAMING apps and services like Apple and Amazon, etc.?

If you use a BD player, it works 100%?

C

chapp

Audioholic
My opinion for those who are waiting for things to stabilize and all things working before purchasing an AVR. (No offence to anyone)
Waiting is not an option for me: I am a senior and wanted to upgrade for Atmos and Auro 3D 11.2 (7.2.4) setup. I had considered several options and decided that the Yamaha A8A gave the best of everything for my needs. Yes, it has some bugs, but I am able to live through with some adjustments and work around for the time being. Yamaha promised the Auro 3D and they delivered with a patient waiting period. Now for the other bugs and HDMI 2.1, I do hope that they'll deliver on these, too. In the meantime, I have been enjoying this device and its wonderful performance for Atmos and the recent Auro 3D. I do enjoy my system daily and would not have waited a second to jump and get my hands on a Yamaha A8A. As a matter of fact, I jumped on the first available one as I had a good discount waiting at the same time that had been applied to it. Regrets so far... None.? You can't beat that 5 year warranty, too.

C

chapp

Audioholic
So basically all the problems are with STREAMING apps and services like Apple and Amazon, etc.?

If you use a BD player, it works 100%?
I have no issues with this A8A and playing my Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's, Cassettes, Phono and USB drive. At least, not that I can remember any.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I have no issues with this A8A and playing my Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's, Cassettes, Phono and USB drive. At least, not that I can remember any.
That's what I figured. With any brand new generation models, there seems to always be compatibility issues with streaming apps on devices and TVs.

C

chapp

Audioholic
You would have to wait for the 2nd or 3rd Generation of AVR.

Like my Yamaha RX-A3080 (8th generation?), which my Yamaha CX-A5100 was built on. :D

There are so many brands and apps out there that compatible is an understandable issue.

My RX-A3000 served me flawlessly for more than 10 years.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Oh, so my RX-A3080 was the 9th Generation.

Maybe I'll get the RX-A8I (9th Generation). :D

But kidding aside, if I needed an AVR, I would have gotten the RX-A6A (since I don't need 11Ch of Amps).

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I've never had a AVR or Stereo Receiver last that long. I say Stereo because I'm 63 and started out way back in the 70's with this home audio thing. Just saying. Lol.:D I used (Just saying) yesterday on a stream vent thread and got trolled by a well known troller that by putting (just say) at the end of my post. @AcuDefTechGuy just saying ;) like umm @ryanosaur :p;)uses (shrugs) does that make him a a$$hat? No? Yes? Maybe if it's taken out of context. ;)

Last edited:
C

chapp

Audioholic
I've never had a AVR or Stereo Receiver last that long. I say Stereo because I'm 63 and started out way back in the 70's with this home audio thing.
I have a Sansui G5700 Receiver which I bought in NY in 1980. I have put that thing through severe torture through the days. My youngest daughter uses it daily to listen to music and YouTube content. Oh! it still performs and even looks the same the day I purchased it.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I have a Sansui G5700 Receiver which I bought in NY in 1980. I have put that thing through severe torture through the days. My youngest daughter uses it daily to listen to music and YouTube content. Oh! it still performs and even looks the same the day I purchased it.
You still up in NY? I've always wanted to go visit NY. Go to Coney Island eat them famous hot dogs and say 'forget about it'.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah, Onkyo's don't last that long. Haha. ;) :D
Not just Onkyo's, H/K very buggy AVR's. Realistic stereo two channel, front display lights always going out. Samsung TV's, Vizio TV's. LG, Samsung blu-ray player's, Emotiva.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah, Onkyo's don't last that long. Haha. ;) :D
Hey, Andrew, what about life time warranty's. Are they really life time or are they just a warranty for the life of the product? or for as long as the owners life? An implied statement can be taken out of context. :D I just did it with my own post! Just saying. Lol :D like Onkyo's Don't last long..see how an implied warranty (just saying) can cause one to take out of context. Andrew! What you (just saying). Lol, Nothing really last? or are you just saying...Lolo Onkyo's just swallow up people's money and than they ran off laughing all the way to the bank. :D just shrugs.;)

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis