Yamaha AVENTAGE 2021 AV Receivers Bulk Up on Power and 8K Features

P

PacketofCrisps

Audioholic Intern
Yamaha still looking into the dialogue bleed it seems, they asked me to send them a backup file of the settings on the receiver, for now I'm using dts neural x on 'Standard' decoder setting while watching 2.0 content.

B

brentman05

Audiophyte
Does anyone have an idea when the A8A is going to be back in stock? It also appears that all of the receivers in this price category for Marantz are out of stock. Is this because of an upgrade for the 2.1? I know about the Taiwan fiasco, but why should all of them be out of stock at the same time?

C

chapp

Audioholic
Does anyone have an idea when the A8A is going to be back in stock? It also appears that all of the receivers in this price category for Marantz are out of stock. Is this because of an upgrade for the 2.1? I know about the Taiwan fiasco, but why should all of them be out of stock at the same time?
Just keep refreshing the Best Buy site. Good luck

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I am seeing some in stock now. Talk to your dealer. :D

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Hit @AcuDefTechGuy up! You will not be disappointed!

AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
Is this because of an upgrade for the 2.1?
No. New production lines of all AVRs already have 40 Gbps ports installed (firmware pending...), apart from 2020 models that have 24 Gbps. Sound United will refresh their mid and higher tier line this year to include multi-input 2.1 ports, just like 2021 Yamahas.

P

PacketofCrisps

Audioholic Intern
Just out of curiosity, do you use “Dialogue” > “Dialogue Lift” option with setting higher than 0?
No don't use dialogue lift, tbh I don't think a lot of people will notice the dialogue bleed in a 'normal' sized room, my lounge is quite literary a shoe box so when someone sits on either side of the sofa a rear speaker will be right by their head.

The thing is if Dolby say this is normal for the 'Dolby surround' decoding then fine, but I don't believe it's correct, DTS Neural x has zero bleed, Dolby 5.1 has zero bleed, Dolby Pro-Logic II on my older receivers also have zero bleed, unless 'Dolby Surround' is a new approach to up mixing 2.0 content something is amiss.

Last edited:
Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
February is just about here, will Yamaha follow through with it's promised updates? Yamme owner's what say you?

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
No. New production lines of all AVRs already have 40 Gbps ports installed (firmware pending...), apart from 2020 models that have 24 Gbps. Sound United will refresh their mid and higher tier line this year to include multi-input 2.1 ports, just like 2021 Yamahas.
@AVR Enthu , any word you know of, for Yamaha's long awaited promise updates in February? What say you, broski cheese slice? Oh umm, yeah just buy Yamaha.:p

AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
@AVR Enthu , any word you know of, for Yamaha's long awaited promise updates in February? What say you, broski cheese slice? Oh umm, yeah just buy Yamaha.:p
We have not heard of any dates for firmware roll out as yet. Silence across the board.

I am hearing that new Yamahas are already receiving serious discounts in Australia for referbished A8A units, from $6300 to $4900 AUD.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Just got New Update! All New Yamaha Adventage Owners check yours! Update is: 1.59.
IMG_20220201_043432020~2.jpg

clone1008

clone1008

Full Audioholic
Yep life is good! Any day above ground is a good day in my book. You picked up any new gear lately?
No new gear AV wise but doing some house renovations. Extending the back porch, painting the exterior, new front door, new flooring, etc.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
No new gear AV wise but doing some house renovations. Extending the back porch, painting the exterior, new front door, new flooring, etc.
Nice! Just as soon huh, can't take the money with you. Enjoy the ride bro! After all that's about all we can do before our time is up.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis