Yamaha AVENTAGE 2021 AV Receivers Bulk Up on Power and 8K Features

diablo676

diablo676

Junior Audioholic
I have a

Ride videomic pro for my dslr

Would that work or does it have to be usb attached?
If you can connect it to the laptop by some means then you will be able to select it in REW and use it. Though it may not be accurate as the UMIK-1 or similar. Measuring mikes are made for the job and come with a calibration file to input into REW or other tools. :)

P

PacketofCrisps

Audioholic Intern
I've been on Yamaha's case regarding the Dolby Surround dialogue bleed when up mixing from 2.0 content, received this response yesterday,

"With regards to your information and links, our engineers and designers are looking into this and are in communications with Dolby, to ascertain what is causing this.

If you can bear with us, as we await further information and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

We appreciate your patience and we apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Hope this helps and if you have any further questions or queries, please do not hesitate to ask.

Many thanks

Yamaha Technical A/V"

Sounds like they might be finally on the case, fingers crossed this can be fixed as I use my receiver with a lot of 2.0 TV content.

diablo676

diablo676

Junior Audioholic
I've been on Yamaha's case regarding the Dolby Surround dialogue bleed when up mixing from 2.0 content, received this response yesterday,

"With regards to your information and links, our engineers and designers are looking into this and are in communications with Dolby, to ascertain what is causing this.

If you can bear with us, as we await further information and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

We appreciate your patience and we apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Hope this helps and if you have any further questions or queries, please do not hesitate to ask.

Many thanks

Yamaha Technical A/V"

Sounds like they might be finally on the case, fingers crossed this can be fixed as I use my receiver with a lot of 2.0 TV content.
Good work.
I also watch a lot of 2.0 stuff so I'd like this fixed. With my setup the bleed isn't really noticeable on most content - but it shouldn't be there. I still find it hard to believe that Yamaha didn't spot this and fix it before release.

It only takes a few minutes to check that sound is coming from the correct speakers - or not. Did they do that? Should be easy to fix - just copy the code from the An080 series - which don't have this problem. Unbelievable really. :confused:

VASKION

VASKION

Audioholic
I am officially another happy member of the 2021 AVENTAGE family. My A4A just arrived today:
Screenshot 2022-01-19 222640.jpg

And alongside my old unit which is going to the other room for Zone 2 entertainment:
Screenshot 2022-01-19 222938.jpg

I was tired of waiting for A6A. In my country there are some already pre-paid units still waiting for delivery. Which means I am not going to get any till mid 2022... So I decided to sacrifice some A6A features, get the A4A now and upgrade my fronts with the saved money to Polk Audio ES60 as music is the main usage of the AVR.
:cool:

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I am officially another happy member of the 2021 AVENTAGE family. My A4A just arrived today:
View attachment 53198
And alongside my old unit which is going to the other room for Zone 2 entertainment:
View attachment 53199
I was tired of waiting for A6A. In my country there are some already pre-paid units still waiting for delivery. Which means I am not going to get any till mid 2022... So I decided to sacrifice some A6A features, get the A4A now and upgrade my fronts with the saved money to Polk Audio ES60 as music is the main usage of the AVR.
Oh yeah! Congratulations! The worm has turned for you bro! Umm, what country you in?

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
View attachment 53198
View attachment 53199
If all you need is 7.2CH or 5.2.2CH, then the A4A is all you need. :D

VASKION

VASKION

Audioholic
Oh yeah! Congratulations! The worm has turned for you bro! Umm, what country you in?
Thanks a lot man! Yes, one of our local dealership told me they expect some A4s with 5% discount this week so I pulled the trigger. I am in Bulgaria.

If all you need is 7.2CH or 5.2.2CH, then the A4A is all you need. :D
Well, I wanted to setup 5.2.4 but cannot wait for A6A one more year or so. Seems like we are located at the end of the world here... :D

Here is the setup:
Screenshot 2022-01-20 110115.jpg

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Thanks a lot man! Yes, one of our local dealership told me they expect some A4s with 5% discount this week so I pulled the trigger. I am in Bulgaria.

Well, I wanted to setup 5.2.4 but cannot wait for A6A one more year or so. Seems like we are located at the end of the world here... :D

Here is the setup:
View attachment 53208
Nice!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi

Here is the setup:
View attachment 53208
You can upgrade to the RX-A6C in about 2 years. :D

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai

Here is the setup:
View attachment 53208
What's your thoughts on your es60's? I have the whole Signature line. They match well with my RX-A4A. I have the S60's not the ES60's, at higher volume's the sound stage doesn't break up. Very nice low-end, smooth detailed upper end. Very nice tonal balance to them.
IMG_20220120_112443043_HDR~2.jpg

Last edited:
VASKION

VASKION

Audioholic
What's your thoughts on your es60's? I have the whole Signature line. They match will with my RX-A4A. I have the S60's not the ES60's, at higher volume's the sound stage doesn't break up. Very nice low-end, smooth detailed upper end. Very nice tonal balance to them.
View attachment 53218
Really nice setup you've got there, man! Awesome!

I love these ES60s. The sound is amazing, especially with the new AVR. I had the opportunity to test them with my previous unit before the A4A came. It is night and day... And I still do not have sub (5.0.2 currently). These punch really hard! The sound is so crystal clear I almost cannot believe what is happening. I also plan to upgrade the rest of the speakers to the other Polk ES stuff at some point.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Really nice setup you've got there, man! Awesome!

I love these ES60s. The sound is amazing, especially with the new AVR. I had the opportunity to test them with my previous unit before the A4A came. It is night and day... And I still do not have sub (5.0.2 currently). These punch really hard! The sound is so crystal clear I almost cannot believe what is happening. I also plan to upgrade the rest of the speakers to the other Polk ES stuff at some point.
My bad bro, I had forgotten that you and I had inboxed message. Thanks for all the photos of Bulgaria that you took! Very nice indeed. I agree the 60's are dynamic for sure. I was watching Netflix last night a series called Flaked, the sound track on that series was amazing.

TheLamonster

TheLamonster

Audioholic Intern
I have a full 7.2.4 original Polk Signature line system. They are such great speakers within this price range. s30 center, s20 mains, s15 sides and rears, s10 heights. And surprisingly the Polk HTS 12 subwoofers are pretty damn good too. Although those are in the other room of the basement (and can simotaneously play with the theater room via MusicCast). Paired with dual SVS PB-3000s and the A8A, it's a really great sounding system! But of course, I'm painfully curious how much better it could sound if the Polks were the Elite line. lol

VASKION

VASKION

Audioholic
To answer my own questions about the usage of Zone 2 with A4A in case it could be useful to someone else. I guess the same or similar logic can be applied to A6A/A8A and their appropriate zone configurations.

It turned out that Zone 2 output is controlled by the speaker settings in “Speaker” > “Power Amp Assign”.

1. Basic: When this one is selected Zone 2 is powered by its pre-outs. No sound is coming from its speakers terminals. All amps are used for the main zone only. Depending on whether a speakers channel is set to 'Small'/'Large' or 'None' it outputs sound or not. When Zone 2 is switched on there is no audio drop out in the Main zone.

2. 7.1/5.1.2 +1Zone: When this one is selected Zone 2 is powered by its speakers terminals. No sound is coming from its pre-outs. The amps for Zone 2 are assigned explicitly to Zone 2 (when it is powered on) and they could be used in the main zone to power surround back or front presence speakers only when Zone 2 is not powered on.
When Zone 2 is switched on though there is audio drop out in the Main zone as the AVR has to reassign the amps used in the Main zone to Zone 2.

So, technically it is possible to power Zone 3 with A4A by using two scenes with different speaker configuration set for each of them. The only restriction is that sound can be output only to Zone 2 or Zone 3 but not both at the same time. :cool:

I have a full 7.2.4 original Polk Signature line system. They are such great speakers within this price range. s30 center, s20 mains, s15 sides and rears, s10 heights. And surprisingly the Polk HTS 12 subwoofers are pretty damn good too. Although those are in the other room of the basement (and can simotaneously play with the theater room via MusicCast). Paired with dual SVS PB-3000s and the A8A, it's a really great sounding system! But of course, I'm painfully curious how much better it could sound if the Polks were the Elite line. lol
And I am wondering the exact same question about Polk Reserve series :D

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
To answer my own questions about the usage of Zone 2 with A4A in case it could be useful to someone else. I guess the same or similar logic can be applied to A6A/A8A and their appropriate zone configurations.

It turned out that Zone 2 output is controlled by the speaker settings in “Speaker” > “Power Amp Assign”.

1. Basic: When this one is selected Zone 2 is powered by its pre-outs. No sound is coming from its speakers terminals. All amps are used for the main zone only. Depending on whether a speakers channel is set to 'Small'/'Large' or 'None' it outputs sound or not. When Zone 2 is switched on there is no audio drop out in the Main zone.

2. 7.1/5.1.2 +1Zone: When this one is selected Zone 2 is powered by its speakers terminals. No sound is coming from its pre-outs. The amps for Zone 2 are assigned explicitly to Zone 2 (when it is powered on) and they could be used in the main zone to power surround back or front presence speakers only when Zone 2 is not powered on.
When Zone 2 is switched on though there is audio drop out in the Main zone as the AVR has to reassign the amps used in the Main zone to Zone 2.

So, technically it is possible to power Zone 3 with A4A by using two scenes with different speaker configuration set for each of them. The only restriction is that sound can be output only to Zone 2 or Zone 3 but not both at the same time. :cool:

And I am wondering the exact same question about Polk Reserve series :D
I sure wouldn't mind a pair of the R700's.

VASKION

VASKION

Audioholic
Guys, any idea what kind of IR remote extender works with these receivers? Is something like this going to work:

Again, the manual is not very descriptive about that:

I have klipsch reference premier and they sound sooooo good with the a8a, clean clear, even at loud volumn! I love it!

I would definitely remove the front grilles of these beautiful towers if I were you! :cool:

J

jakkedtide

Audioholic
Guys, any idea what kind of IR remote extender works with these receivers? Is something like this going to work:

Again, the manual is not very descriptive about that:

I would definitely remove the front grilles of these beautiful towers if I were you! :cool:
Honestly I had the grills off for a while. Great for music but distracting for movies etc. I couldn't focus on the movie, my eyes kept looking at the grills lol. Now I keep looking at what my receiver says, nsu or neutral x, etc.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis