Yamaha AVENTAGE 2021 AV Receivers Bulk Up on Power and 8K Features

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
So is he on Yamaha's payroll? If so it's not an unbiased situation. If he isn't then post the results. If everyone is so worried about what someone like Gene is going to find then why don't they send them units prior to public launch? I mean seriously why would Gene think he needs to be in a position where he has to worry about unflattering results?
I guess my skepticism comes from being in similar situations in the auto industry which I know very well. I definitely know how games are played in that industry!
(I definitely know how games are played in that industry)
I worked in the Auto industry 25 + years. Worked close with engineers on recall issues. Dealerships selling 50k to 90K vehicles and customers coming into the Dealership where they purchased their new truck only to find out that their beloved new four-wheel drive truck has to stay in the service center for two or more weeks with less than 12k mile on it, because they got a recall notice in the mail telling them to bring it in for repairs. Manufacturers put out millions of cars and trucks knowing of issues beforehand, some issues are caught before the product leaves the assembly line. Most are not, which for the most part is why automotive industry up their standard 12 month warranty to 36 months with exceptions of pollution devices which are 60 months and or 100k miles whichever came first. Needless to say there were many lawsuits involved.

Last edited:
Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Sounds fantastic! Have you used it in all the various scenarios as the others that did and discovered bugs?
Streaming NetRadio, CD player, 4K player, over the air live tv with ARC return, USB flash for music, analog use for TT, PS5 HDMI 4K 60hz, DTS-X, AI use, No audio/video delays, No issues, No bug's. As of now 40 days in all good. Mucho gusto!

Last edited:
clone1008

clone1008

Full Audioholic
Manufacturers put out millions of cars and trucks knowing of issues beforehand, some issues are caught before the product leaves the assembly line. Needless to say there were many lawsuits involved.
One of the biggest examples of deliberately misleading the consumer is the Volkswagen Dieselgate scandal. If anybody thinks Volkswagen was/is the only auto manufacturer that was/is guilty of cheating to bypass Government EPA emissions then they are sadly mistaken. The only thing that Volkswagen did different is that they got caught and were made an example of.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
One of the biggest examples of deliberately misleading the consumer is the Volkswagen Dieselgate scandal. If anybody thinks Volkswagen was/is the only auto manufacturer that was/is guilty of cheating to bypass Government EPA emissions then they are sadly mistaken. The only thing that Volkswagen did different is that they got caught and were made an example of.
Back in the 80's I was in New Orleans at one of General Motors facilities. Was talking with two engineers that came down from Detroit. We got to talking about catalytic converters, well long story short, they lied about the percentage of the toxins it was capable of removing. They all get caught sooner or later. GM got hit with fines all the time. You remember Ford incident with the Firestone tires. Takota air bag issue that when deployed shrapnel would fly out and kill people. Lot more serious than a 2.1 board replacement or future creature feature updates.

Last edited:
G

Golfx

Full Audioholic
Accusing Gene of being on Yamaha’s payroll because he isn’t releasing potentially bad bench measurements is short sighted. As I mentioned earlier he serves as a valuable bridge between industry and hobbyist consumers. We all need a robust industry designing and competing for our purchases. Finding an “Aha” flaw and then publishing that right away could do unnecessary harm to that company. As he is doing and has done in the past, he brings their engineers into his findings allowing them time to formulate a corrective software or a perhaps firmware fix. There are not that many companies producing the products we purchase. He needs them to produce products, then advertise (preferably on this website) and thus become a source of interest to recruit our readership and membership. We all need a healthy competitive industry. We all need gene’s website.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Accusing Gene of being on Yamaha’s payroll because he isn’t releasing potentially bad bench measurements is short sighted. As I mentioned earlier he serves as a valuable bridge between industry and hobbyist consumers. We all need a robust industry designing and competing for our purchases. Finding an “Aha” flaw and then publishing that right away could do unnecessary harm to that company. As he is doing and has done in the past, he brings their engineers into his findings allowing them time to formulate a corrective software or a perhaps firmware fix. There are not that many companies producing the products we purchase. He needs them to produce products, then advertise (preferably on this website) and thus become a source of interest to recruit our readership and membership. We all need a healthy competitive industry. We all need gene’s website.

@gene stated that what he found more than probably won't be audible. So there's that.

clone1008

clone1008

Full Audioholic

Short sighted? I think it's naive to think that any reviewer/influencer is doing what they're doing out of the kindness of their hearts. At the end of the day everyone is in it to make a buck.

G

Golfx

Full Audioholic
When ever two humans try to communicate using the same language and words, there can be miscommunication over the meaning of certain words—encoding a meaning by the sender and the decoding of a different meaning by the receiver. My intended purpose was to empathize with Gene’s position and present where that position helps us in the long term.
Not to irritate the less naive among us.

clone1008

clone1008

Full Audioholic
Finding an “Aha” flaw and then publishing that right away could do unnecessary harm to that company.
What do think happened when Gene posted some of his preliminary findings publicly????

Last edited:
G

Golfx

Full Audioholic
A forum like this brings all the different sides of an issue to light. Yours, mine and others. I do not pretend that I will change your skeptical perspective—or that your perspective does not bring value to the forum.

AVR Enthu

AVR Enthu

Full Audioholic
Finding an “Aha” flaw and then publishing that right away could do unnecessary harm to that company.
He gave them time to validate measures and respond. They confirmed it and we know that, although likely inaudible, it cannot be rectified until next production cycle. What is holding the review now is an interesting question.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis