Yamaha AVENTAGE 2021 AV Receivers Bulk Up on Power and 8K Features

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
You believe Dolby may pay you like say, when someone finds a bug, back door on Microsoft and they get like 10k for finding the issue.
I am not actively helping them in a way I spend some time. It's just a loooot of mail back and forth about things they want to know about my configuration/settings and what games I am playing. So it's just through their consumer technical support hub. Won't access to the code ;)

C

chapp

Audioholic
My daughters just came in while their favorite music was playing. No need to say they immediately noticed that the sound was amazing.

edit: I wasn’t ready for some Korean pop :p :D
It a wonderful feeling to enjoy music/videos with your family. It, surely, is a blessing and I know because I brought up 3 that are well versed in both sound and vision. They still love to watch movies or listen to music with me whenever they come by and I sure appreciate those blessed moments.

VASKION

VASKION

Audioholic
Yeah, rather generic, I agree. Just wanted to share it here while I read it :)

One interesting note in it though: is the remote actually back-lit?

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Mine is back lit, A4A works very well as soon as you pick it up. Lights up for 5 seconds.

VASKION

VASKION

Audioholic
"Limited remote control direct-access to inputs, surround modes " ??? Well, just press the program button to loop all the modes... that's not enough ??? Being able to select which programs are available in the loop... Don't get this one...
I think they didn't have enough time/will to play and setup the whole system. You can also hide the input you don't want to be displayed so that you cycle through only the ones you use. The same is with the DSP programs.

Edit: I also checked the Denon manuals and the Yamaha seems waaaaay ahead of them in terms of ease of use, setup and tweak options.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
"Limited remote control direct-access to inputs, surround modes " ??? Well, just press the program button to loop all the modes... that's not enough ??? Being able to select which programs are available in the loop... Don't get this one...
Yeah, I read those reviews before I had Andrew get me the A4A. Though the remote you can access just about everything.

OldAndSlowDev

OldAndSlowDev

Senior Audioholic
Another finding about Hdmi output
AppleTV -> AVR -> Hdmi1 output -> TV : when I switch the AppleTV on/off, the AVR and the TV switches on/off
AppleTV -> AVR -> Hdmi2 output -> TV : when I switch the AppleTV on/off, the AVR switches on/off but not the TV

VASKION

VASKION

Audioholic
AppleTV -> AVR -> Hdmi1 output -> TV : when I switch the AppleTV on/off, the AVR and the TV switches on/off
AppleTV -> AVR -> Hdmi2 output -> TV : when I switch the AppleTV on/off, the AVR switches on/off but not the TV
That is completely expected. I think HDMI out 2 does not support HDMI control.

clone1008

clone1008

Full Audioholic
That's because HDMI1 is eArc/ARC to TV and HDMI2 isn't so it's just audio/video signals.
In your first example it wasn't AppleTV turning off your TV is was the AVR. In your second example the AVR couldn't send the signal.
On another note you should have been able to reverse example 1 starting with powering on the TV.

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Lol, you gotta watch out for them Denon fan Boyz, :p after all, they gotta put fans on top of their AVR's. :p:cool:
Yeah, I'm so glad we don't have a couple of Yamaha fanboys here who pop into every single avr thread talking about how great they are compared to the competition... :oops:

Me personally, I've owned Denon, Yamaha and Marantz, and I think they all make more or less equally good gear that is reliable and sounds great.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Yeah, I'm so glad we don't have a couple of Yamaha fanboys here who pop into every single avr thread talking about how great they are compared to the competition... :oops:

Me personally, I've owned Denon, Yamaha and Marantz, and I think they all make more or less equally good gear that is reliable and sounds great.
Fanboy here!!! *LMFAO* Sorry couldn't resist. Has Gene finished and published the review?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Fanboy here!!! *LMFAO* Sorry couldn't resist. Has Gene finished and published the review?
I haven't seen it yet, but I am curious what he finds. These last 2 years have been rough on everyone in the industry in general. I'm actually hoping for a good report card.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis